Postby Flying Wallenda » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:18 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
KG4MVP wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
KG4MVP wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Championship Semifinals:
Stanley def. Midkota 3-2

What an AMAZING GAME!!

Chai Pappa (Stanley) has 24 ACES through 2 tourney games (State Record is 25 Aces)

Heck of a game...but HORRIBLE HORRIBLE call to end the game!!! The ball was clearly out by 4 or 5 inches and the ref calls it in to end the game when she was standing RIGHT ON TOP OF THE CALL!...just unbelievable...a game like this should NOT have ended on a call like that..just really a shame. Next time consult with the main judge when so much is on the line and you dont know WHAT TO CALL! Horrible....

And one more thing I have to vent on...never been to a state tournament before, but really a dumb setup in the dome! This game was in the 5th set very very close...and over the loudspeaker is the starting lineups for the class A game in the middle of a point!!! and the points after!! That is just really ridiculous..at least wait for a TO or when the game is over which it shortly was within 3 minutes of that! Just a really dumb idea to have two games going on at once with just a curtains seperating the two games...ndhsaa should really get together and change it! ok im' done venting now... I hope somebody agrees with me on one or both issues...

I was there...straight in line with the call--the ball was in. It hit the line--it was the Right call.

I will agree with you on your second part of your post though...I don't know why they were doing the lineups at that time.

I was also sitting right at the line and no...it was the WRONG CALL! If it hit the line I wouldnt have said anything. It did not hit the line...ask anyone that was sitting there besides you! which i doubt you were anyway, but still, quit backing the refs for once please on this site.

What makes you think I back the refs on this site...I've questioned many calls at sporting events. To tell you the truth...the call would have stayed even if they had consulted with the main ref. The main ref is out of position to see that exactly where that ball landed...that call is the line judges call. I understand that you are upset over the call...but its over and done with and all I can say is Midkota needs to put it behind them and come out and dominate Linton tomorrow. I have NO doubt in my mind that Midkota will be back at State next year and will d,ominate since they don't lose much.

I talked with several people who watched the final play on replay, all said the serve was clearly out. What a tough way to lose a state semifinal match! Regardless, both teams were evenly matched, could have went either way, both with much to be proud of. Still hard to believe someone standing right on the line could have missed that one.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Re: Class B State Tourney Bracket

Postby KG4MVP » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
KG4MVP wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
KG4MVP wrote:
Stanley def. Midkota 3-2

What an AMAZING GAME!!

Chai Pappa (Stanley) has 24 ACES through 2 tourney games (State Record is 25 Aces)

Heck of a game...but HORRIBLE HORRIBLE call to end the game!!! The ball was clearly out by 4 or 5 inches and the ref calls it in to end the game when she was standing RIGHT ON TOP OF THE CALL!...just unbelievable...a game like this should NOT have ended on a call like that..just really a shame. Next time consult with the main judge when so much is on the line and you dont know WHAT TO CALL! Horrible....

And one more thing I have to vent on...never been to a state tournament before, but really a dumb setup in the dome! This game was in the 5th set very very close...and over the loudspeaker is the starting lineups for the class A game in the middle of a point!!! and the points after!! That is just really ridiculous..at least wait for a TO or when the game is over which it shortly was within 3 minutes of that! Just a really dumb idea to have two games going on at once with just a curtains seperating the two games...ndhsaa should really get together and change it! ok im' done venting now... I hope somebody agrees with me on one or both issues...

I was there...straight in line with the call--the ball was in. It hit the line--it was the Right call.

I will agree with you on your second part of your post though...I don't know why they were doing the lineups at that time.

I was also sitting right at the line and no...it was the WRONG CALL! If it hit the line I wouldnt have said anything. It did not hit the line...ask anyone that was sitting there besides you! which i doubt you were anyway, but still, quit backing the refs for once please on this site.

What makes you think I back the refs on this site...I've questioned many calls at sporting events. To tell you the truth...the call would have stayed even if they had consulted with the main ref. The main ref is out of position to see that exactly where that ball landed...that call is the line judges call. I understand that you are upset over the call...but its over and done with and all I can say is Midkota needs to put it behind them and come out and dominate Linton tomorrow. I have NO doubt in my mind that Midkota will be back at State next year and will d,ominate since they don't lose much.

I talked with several people who watched the final play on replay, all said the serve was clearly out. What a tough way to lose a state semifinal match! Regardless, both teams were evenly matched, could have went either way, both with much to be proud of. Still hard to believe someone standing right on the line could have missed that one.

Thank you!!!
KG4MVP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:36 pm

KG4MVP wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
KG4MVP wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
KG4MVP wrote:
Stanley def. Midkota 3-2

What an AMAZING GAME!!

Thank you!!!

I was also right there it was close call, but it was on the line.
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby KG4MVP » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:47 pm

sorry buddy but even the players said it was out...and the replay. So that ends that. Best team in the state takes third, no replays needed for this one!
KG4MVP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:02 pm

KG4MVP wrote:sorry buddy but even the players said it was out...and the replay. So that ends that. Best team in the state takes third, no replays needed for this one!

There is no way that your comment "Best team in the state takes third" can be determined. Yes, Midkota was a very good team and yes that call was a close one; but there is no way to determine that Midkota would beat Central Cass. Central Cass has been very tough down the stretch this season. As much as I would have liked to see Midkota play Central Cass in the Title game--it didn't happen. Officials had to make a call, they made it.

Congrats to the Midkota Mustangs on an Amazing season! I have a pretty good feeling that we'll see you again at next year's State Tourney.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby KG4MVP » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:07 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
KG4MVP wrote:sorry buddy but even the players said it was out...and the replay. So that ends that. Best team in the state takes third, no replays needed for this one!

There is no way that your comment "Best team in the state takes third" can be determined. Yes, Midkota was a very good team and yes that call was a close one; but there is no way to determine that Midkota would beat Central Cass. Central Cass has been very tough down the stretch this season. As much as I would have liked to see Midkota play Central Cass in the Title game--it didn't happen. Officials had to make a call, they made it.

Congrats to the Midkota Mustangs on an Amazing season! I have a pretty good feeling that we'll see you again at next year's State Tourney.

Your right there is no way to know for sure..but..midkota did beat carrington and langdon to get to state(both teams are better than central cass in my opinion) and they already beat central cass during the year, which granted was in a best of 3 tournament. So in my opinion yes, we are the best team. We did have an awesome season, especially for a very small school that only has 120 students k-12. hopefully we can make it back!
KG4MVP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:11 pm

KG4MVP wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:

Your right there is no way to know for sure..but..midkota did beat carrington and langdon to get to state(both teams are better than central cass in my opinion) and they already beat central cass during the year, which granted was in a best of 3 tournament. So in my opinion yes, we are the best team. We did have an awesome season, especially for a very small school that only has 120 students k-12. hopefully we can make it back!

No doubt in my mind that Midkota will be back. Langdon and Carrington lose key components to their teams and Midkota returns nearly everyone (really just need to replace Rickford...but it seems that they have an abundence of setters). Midkota will be the favorite coming back next year for the Region.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:20 pm

Na I'm watching the two best teams play right now!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:28 pm

Central Cass wins 1st Set 25-20

Central Cass wins 2nd Set 25-19

(side note: Chai Pappa, Stanley, has tied the State Record for Aces in the State Tourney with 25 aces!)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:05 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Central Cass wins 1st Set 25-20

Central Cass wins 2nd Set 25-19

(side note: Chai Pappa, Stanley, has tied the State Record for Aces in the State Tourney with 25 aces!)

midway through 3rd Set: Chai Pappa (Stanley) just broke the State Record for Most Aces in a State Tournament (26 & counting...)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Central Cass def. Stanley 3-0
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:28 pm

Class B All Tourney Team:
Steph Iverson (Hatton-Northwood)
Ashley Barnhart (Kenmare)
Kayln Schnieder (Linton-HMB)
Robin Weber (Linton-HMB)
Emily Berge (Midkota)
Kallie Frappier (Midkota)
Shaunessy Dauwalder (Stanley)
Jasmin Pappa (Stanley)
Chai Pappa (Stanley)
Courtney Dixon (Central Cass)
Anna Morris (Central Cass)
Faith Dooley (Central Cass)
Bethany Voss (Central Cass)

All-State Team:
McKenzie Hart (Langdon)
Ashley Koppinger (Our Redeemer's)
Whitney Page (Bottineau)
Jacey Otterson (Kindred)
Kellie Schmit (Kindred)
Emily Thompson (Carrington)
Meghan Battest (Beulah)
Lexie Munson (Kenmare)
Halie Nelson (Kenmare)
Kayln Schnieder (Linton-HMB)
Robin Weber (Linton-HMB)
Emily Berge (Midkota)
ReeAnn Mehus (Stanley)
Chai Pappa (Stanley)
Jasmin Pappa (Stanley)
Courtney Dixon (Central Cass)

Senior Athlete of the Year: McKenzie Hart (Langdon)
Coach of the Year: Jamie Richter (Linton-HMB)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:43 pm

Congrats to the Central Cass Squirrels (43-3) on their State Title!!

Now for the Basketball Season!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby KG4MVP » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:39 pm

Didnt go to the game, any details on what happened? Did Stanley not play that well?
KG4MVP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBalways » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:56 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Congrats to the Central Cass Squirrels (43-3) on their State Title!!

Now for the Basketball Season!

Can't wait!

:)
ClassBalways
NDPreps Starter

Postby wolves65 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:11 pm

KG4-Best team lost 1 game in the whole tournament and the second best team in the state was sitting in the stands-Kindred!
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:56 pm

wolves65 wrote:KG4-Best team lost 1 game in the whole tournament and the second best team in the state was sitting in the stands-Kindred!

Did Kindred beat CC this year?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:40 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
wolves65 wrote:KG4-Best team lost 1 game in the whole tournament and the second best team in the state was sitting in the stands-Kindred!

Did Kindred beat CC this year?

Kindred defeated Central Cass twice this year (2 of the 3 losses for CC). I think Kindred would have had the same result had they made it to State.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby gameplayer » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:23 pm

Since the tournament is over here is my picks for a final top ten.

1. Central Cass
2. Stanley
3. Midkota
4. Kindred
5. Langdon
6. Carrington
7. Linton-HMB
8. Kenmare
9. Bottineau
10. Hatton-Northwood
gameplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby nduser1 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:19 pm

So RUN are you saying Kindred would have beaten CCHS in state than? I agree with you in the thinking Kindred was a great team and probalby better than some teams at state but why you have try to take away from the fact that CCHS BEAT Kindred when they needed to and discredit the State Championship?
nduser1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:28 pm

nduser1 wrote:So RUN are you saying Kindred would have beaten CCHS in state than? I agree with you in the thinking Kindred was a great team and probalby better than some teams at state but why you have try to take away from the fact that CCHS BEAT Kindred when they needed to and discredit the State Championship?

Kindred couldn't have played Central Cass at State...they are in the same region! What I was saying was IF Kindred would have won the Region Title instead of Central Cass..they could have had the same result at State; no dis-creditting here...just an observation.

As I stated earlier...Congrats to Central Cass on their State Title it was Much Deserved!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby nduser1 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:03 pm

GOT U ! Sorry for confusion!! They both must have been fantastic teams!!!
nduser1
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Volleyball