9. Ellendale
10. Strasburg
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Re: Next Season

Postby defense1st » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:03 pm

panthercub wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
panthercub wrote:NS O-line next season, Reider, Hunt, Solseth(6'1"230# will be frosh) B. Larson(E)

Could be a concern?? I don't care how big or good a freshmen is, you put them up against jrs and srs and they are going to struggle because they just don't have the strength or the speed.

You could be right but I believe he was held back as a youngster. He saw a lot of time this year and he has a lot of speed and loves to lay big hits so he might struggle early but Haugen and Elsperger and the rest of the staff will get him where he needs to be quickly!

I've seen the kid play, I think he is overwhelmed with the varsity level game. To me, he needs one or two more years to learn how hard and fast the varsity level is, then he could be a real stud if he picks it up.
defense1st
NDPreps Starter

Postby theworldismine1999 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:51 pm

dyhardballa09 wrote:Early favorite from East: W/L
Team to rebound from East: Lakota
Team that will off fall greatly: Lamoure
Biggest suprise: New Rockford pushing for region championship

Early favorite from West: North Star
Team to rebound from West: St. John
Teams that will fall off greatly: Mott/Regent and MLS
Biggest suprise: TGU going to state!

IF anyone overlooks LaMoure their in for a rude awakening... LaMoure returns 2 statring lineman one who had 8 sacks on the defensive side... and they get a 6'2 285 pound freshman to fill in a spot on the line..... LaMoure has arguably one of the best runing backs in the state in Brady theilges and they have couple other running backs that are good and will fill in spots... And if they fill in that QB spot they could be fine... I expect LaMoure to be better than everyone thinks
theworldismine1999
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:02 am

theworldismine1999 wrote:IF anyone overlooks LaMoure their in for a rude awakening... LaMoure returns 2 statring lineman one who had 8 sacks on the defensive side... and they get a 6'2 285 pound freshman to fill in a spot on the line..... LaMoure has arguably one of the best runing backs in the state in Brady theilges and they have couple other running backs that are good and will fill in spots... And if they fill in that QB spot they could be fine... I expect LaMoure to be better than everyone thinks

That was only one person's opinion. If SB is really the 3rd best team in the region I would expect Lamoure to be behind them. Top of region 1 appears to be really tough next year, but I have no idea if it will be as deep as it was last year.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:14 am

The top of region 1 is always really tough. WL, NGS, Lamoure, and South Border could finish in any order 1 to 4. With 3 of the top 4 teams losing QBs (I'm not sure if South Border does) it will most likely come down to who has the best QB and how fast they can get them ready. It wouldn't surprise me at all if LaMoure was better than number 4 but IMO that's where they are gonna end up.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:09 am

South Border's QB, Michael Jacobson does return. He is very good.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jenkman » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:38 am

Don't know much besides region 4.
If divide county stay in region 4, I'd say their the favorite.
1. DC-lost a couple kids but return a bunch back. Their qb knutson, and rb jacobs will have a good year with there big line they return.
2. CM- they lose a lot but they always see to put a good team together
3. Hettinger/scranton- could be a surprising team here. only lose 1 person on there O-line. good qb in erickson, very quick and shifty.
4. Parshall- Could be a crazy pick but i think the talent is there. They got two very good and strong running back returning next year.
5. Mott/Regent- Could be a rebuilding year for them. Lost a lot on the skilled positions.
6. Beach- Same position as Mott. Lose a lot, especially losing Hardy.
7. Shiloh- Lose a lot as well
8. Center-Stanton
9. Trenton
10. Bowman County
Jenkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:16 am

I thought Jacobson was back but I wasn't sure. I think with them being the only playoff team from region 1 returning their QB they have to be considered in the hunt for a region title. My favorites in the state are:
1. Cavalier
2. Northstar
3. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
4. Napoleon
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby footballchicken » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:49 am

From what i see at rosters around:

South Border is the favorite on paper - they return too much
WL is right there because they have 2 of the best players in the state on their team
North Star will probably come out of the West again as they return another couple of the top players in the state
Cavalier will be there as well

thats 3 from east and 1 west, but those are my final 4
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby panthercub » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:37 pm

defense1st wrote:
panthercub wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
panthercub wrote:NS O-line next season, Reider, Hunt, Solseth(6'1"230# will be frosh) B. Larson(E)

Could be a concern?? I don't care how big or good a freshmen is, you put them up against jrs and srs and they are going to struggle because they just don't have the strength or the speed.

You could be right but I believe he was held back as a youngster. He saw a lot of time this year and he has a lot of speed and loves to lay big hits so he might struggle early but Haugen and Elsperger and the rest of the staff will get him where he needs to be quickly!

I've seen the kid play, I think he is overwhelmed with the varsity level game. To me, he needs one or two more years to learn how hard and fast the varsity level is, then he could be a real stud if he picks it up.

I guess I was implying he will fill in nicely on the line, yes, he has a lot to learn but has a TON of potential! I wasnt saying he was going to step in and replace H. Larson and not miss a beat that would be impossible as Larson is one of a kind.
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:55 pm

footballchicken wrote:From what i see at rosters around:

WL is right there because they have 2 of the best players in the state on their team
North Star will probably come out of the West again as they return another couple of the top players in the state

Where can you find correct rosters? The NDHSAA website is all messed up, some seniors are listed as juniors and I'd imagine some juniors are listed as sophomores and so forth.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:41 pm

I would agree with those picks. My only issue is who is gonna throw Illies and Vasquez the ball. They aren't 2 of the best players if no one can get them the ball. Is south borders stud running back going to be around or does he graduate this year? Cause with out him I don't think they have the athletes to make a title push.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby footballchicken » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:47 pm

Bosch from SB is back next year - with WL, anyone who knows how to throw a football at least 30 yards will become an all region QB thanks to those two. Toughest position in HS football is DB......who is going to cover those two, no one.
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:49 pm

footballchicken wrote:Bosch from SB is back next year - with WL, anyone who knows how to throw a football at least 30 yards will become an all region QB thanks to those two. Toughest position in HS football is DB......who is going to cover those two, no one.

Toughest position in any level of football is DB, after Quarterback
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:13 pm

As of now I don't think they have anyone besides Vasquez who can throw it 30 yards. I saw the JV QB (the only one besides Bell on the roster) and he couldn't hit wide open receivers on hitches or outs. He would be able maybe to get 20 and after that they might as well play anyone else. So Vasquez is gonna have to play QB and he can't throw it to himself so then you can double or even triple Illies and spy someone on Vasquez and it's lights out for th offense.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby panthercub » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:58 am

Flip wrote:

Where can you find correct rosters? The NDHSAA website is all messed up, some seniors are listed as juniors and I'd imagine some juniors are listed as sophomores and so forth.

I use http://www.maxpreps.com/state/football/north-dakota.htm
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thunder » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:47 am

defensewinsgames wrote:As of now I don't think they have anyone besides Vasquez who can throw it 30 yards. I saw the JV QB (the only one besides Bell on the roster) and he couldn't hit wide open receivers on hitches or outs. He would be able maybe to get 20 and after that they might as well play anyone else. So Vasquez is gonna have to play QB and he can't throw it to himself so then you can double or even triple Illies and spy someone on Vasquez and it's lights out for th offense.

Excellent bulletin board material.
thunder
NDPreps Reserve

Postby footballchicken » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:24 am

Lights out for the offense?? - hah, i would bet the farm that wont happen
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:29 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:As of now I don't think they have anyone besides Vasquez who can throw it 30 yards. I saw the JV QB (the only one besides Bell on the roster) and he couldn't hit wide open receivers on hitches or outs. He would be able maybe to get 20 and after that they might as well play anyone else. So Vasquez is gonna have to play QB and he can't throw it to himself so then you can double or even triple Illies and spy someone on Vasquez and it's lights out for th offense.

You overestimate the difficulty of throwing it 30 yards. Trust me, there is another kid in the school that can throw a football that far. There has to be.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:24 pm

Bell will be very hard to replace....but I agree having those 2 receivers is Gold....believe me they will have an Offense....in fact that will be their strong point....I would be more concerned about D.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Ok so when I said lights out I was just trying to get a reaction to see what others thought of them. They will have a very good offense with Illies and Vasquez, a WR named Wittenburg, Frank at RB, and a pretty good TE who started getting significant playing time towards the end of the year in Clark (I believe is his name). As far as defense goes they only lose 2 starters (Bell and then a nose guard who lost a lot of his minutes towards the end of the year) they should be real solid on defense. I know many people can throw a 30 yard pass but if you can't get it even close to a WR or throw it right to a defender how much good does that do you?
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:09 pm

I'm debating within myself if they will be as Potent as they were this Season....their Coached well.....but I know one thing.....its not that the Southeast has Stronger Kids that are Better Athletes....they just Play a Meaner Style ....they May tap the top of your Helmet after the ball goes Dead.....but when they (at least NapGS, LaMoure, W-L) Get set back up, they'er ready to tear heads off!...JMO!
Last edited by winner-within on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:28 pm

If they can find someone to step in a do a decent job at QB they shouldn't be much worse an offense, they do need to develop a running game early though. If you watched them play not being able to run the ball consistantly hurt them. LaMoure, NGS, WL, and EK all know how to hit. The day after any of those teams play each other I'm sure there are a lot of guys who don't move real well. I have to say that LaMoure is one of the most smash mouth teams IMO, they don't go after the whistle they do it between them play after play after play and I really respect them for it.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:14 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:If they can find someone to step in a do a decent job at QB they shouldn't be much worse an offense, they do need to develop a running game early though. If you watched them play not being able to run the ball consistantly hurt them. LaMoure, NGS, WL, and EK all know how to hit. The day after any of those teams play each other I'm sure there are a lot of guys who don't move real well. I have to say that LaMoure is one of the most smash mouth teams IMO, they don't go after the whistle they do it between them play after play after play and I really respect them for it.

Thank You!....My Mom-in Law Graduated from LaMoure (love that Name).....I Hunted slightly North of Ludden one year on the Hanson (Phil, Steve) farm.....and I know exactly why that area breeds Hitters....the Coaches are Tough....but the Parents are just as/or maybe tougher!!!...never hurts to lay it on the line!!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:17 am

Ha no problem winner. They are definetly a well coached group with a pretty rich tradition that never hurts. And havingvparents that truly care about the success of the program is always a really good thing as well. Some parents get real into it.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man