CLASS B REGION VOLLEYBALL TOURNEYS

Re: CLASS B REGION VOLLEYBALL TOURNEYS

Postby gameplayer » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:54 pm

Midkota spanks Carrington 3-0. I guess the championship was Tuesday night in region 4!
Hart senior player of year.
gameplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby BEK SPORTS NETWORK » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:56 pm

Region 4
Midkota wins 3-0 over Carrington to advance to the state tournament.

Region 3
Linton-HMB wins 3-0 over Napoleon

Region 6
Kenmare win 3-1 over Bottineau

Region 5
Grand County leads 2-0 over New Salem

Region 1
Kindred Leads 2-1 over Northern Cass

Region 2
North Border tied 1-1 with Hatton-Northwood
BEK SPORTS NETWORK
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:01 pm

BEK SPORTS NETWORK wrote:Region 4

Region 3

Region 6

Region 5

Region 1

Region 2

Kindred didn't play Northern Cass they played Central Cass

Central Cass def. Kindred 3-2 (25-16, 20-25, 18-25, 25-15, 15-10)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby KG4MVP » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:26 pm

gameplayer wrote:Midkota spanks Carrington 3-0. I guess the championship was Tuesday night in region 4!

Carrington came to play, Midkota came to win!! Nice work ladies! Guess Carrington will have to scrape the "state bound" crap off their cars...shame...
KG4MVP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bud225 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:28 pm

Beulah def. Dickinson Trinity 3-0 (25-13,25-17,25-23)
Bud225
NDPreps Starter

Postby Carr » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:52 pm

KG4MVP wrote:
gameplayer wrote:Midkota spanks Carrington 3-0. I guess the championship was Tuesday night in region 4!

Carrington came to play, Midkota came to win!! Nice work ladies! Guess Carrington will have to scrape the "state bound" crap off their cars...shame...

That would be my car you are talking about! Win or lose- I am very proud of our Carrington Cardinal Volleyball players. I had big hopes that this was going to be our year and I am very disappointed that we will not be advancing. Washing my windows, yes........ ashamed.... NOT EVEN CLOSE! Congratulations again to the Midkota team, coahes, and fans.
Carr
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ballin34 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:47 am

KG4MVP wrote:

TO KG4MVP:
As far as scraping the "State Bound" crap off cars - nobody from Carrington EVER assumed they had a lock on making it to State. We have played Midkota 7 times over the last year and have won the matchup 3 times so we knew it was going to be a tough battle going in. We have made it to state twice in basketball and know what a tough road it is to get there. Trying to stay injury free, healthy and fired up throughout the year is a long tough battle. How many times has your team made it to state or made it to state and won - if so then you should know that. It's NEVER a lock. It's a compliment to Region 4 that so many teams in this region were getting rankings in the polls for state. It is also a testament to Region 4 that they have so many athletes that have worked hard for so many years to get where they are. It shows in the number of times that Region 4 has won state in Track, Basketball and Volleyball. What an amazing group of kids! Good luck to the Midkota Mustangs. May you be as fortunate to win State in volleyball as we were to win State in basketball last year. FIGHT HARD FOR REGION 4.
ballin34
NDPreps Rookie

Postby KG4MVP » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:15 pm

ballin34 wrote:
KG4MVP wrote:

TO KG4MVP:
As far as scraping the "State Bound" crap off cars - nobody from Carrington EVER assumed they had a lock on making it to State. We have played Midkota 7 times over the last year and have won the matchup 3 times so we knew it was going to be a tough battle going in. We have made it to state twice in basketball and know what a tough road it is to get there. Trying to stay injury free, healthy and fired up throughout the year is a long tough battle. How many times has your team made it to state or made it to state and won - if so then you should know that. It's NEVER a lock. It's a compliment to Region 4 that so many teams in this region were getting rankings in the polls for state. It is also a testament to Region 4 that they have so many athletes that have worked hard for so many years to get where they are. It shows in the number of times that Region 4 has won state in Track, Basketball and Volleyball. What an amazing group of kids! Good luck to the Midkota Mustangs. May you be as fortunate to win State in volleyball as we were to win State in basketball last year. FIGHT HARD FOR REGION 4.

Just sayin it was nice to have some extra motivation if you know what I mean! And I know for a fact that some fans 'thought' it was a lock. But your right, region 4 has the best athletes in virtually every sport, every year.
KG4MVP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBEast » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:47 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Region 3

Region 6

Region 5

Region 1

Region 2

What an AWESOME match this was - a true battle to the very end. And what a great atmosphere -- although I personally believe Oak Grove should not be able to host a regional VB tourney due to gym size and parking issues -- it was fun having a PACKED house. Fans were standing at the end of the courts and sitting in the aisles - CRAZY! As one sportscaster put it "a fire marshall special, filled to the brim."

Both teams DESERVE to go to state, unfortunately, only one can. CONGRATS SQUIRRELS on continuing the winning tradition and good luck next week at the state tournament!
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Carr » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:20 pm

KG4MVP wrote:
ballin34 wrote:
KG4MVP wrote:

TO KG4MVP:

Just sayin it was nice to have some extra motivation if you know what I mean! And I know for a fact that some fans 'thought' it was a lock. But your right, region 4 has the best athletes in virtually every sport, every year.

I never thought It was a sure thing. Just a goal! I was simply showing our players and community that I believed in my teams ability to get there. (Just so you know.... It was on there since the start of districs. Nothing personal against any one team.) Carrington does not have a good fan following and many here simply overlook Volleyball as it typically has never been a strong sport for us. There is stuff all over Carrington for every other sport but seldom volleyball. I am a huge volleyball fan and I am not afraid to show our girls that I think they are the greatest!
Carr
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wolves65 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:12 am

Any thoughts on what the coach from Kindred had to say in the Fargo Forum? Nice statement to make after a loss. He has a lot to learn about coaching and being a good leader. If you don't get the Forum he said something along the lines of every team has its star players and his didn't show up when it counted and that was disappointing. He needs to look in the mirror before he throws his team under the bus. The only defense is you never know what the reporter left out but you still don't put blame on your team. He could have said I made some stupid personel changes during the game or maybe I shouldn't pull some girls when they make a mistake. He is the coach of the year so maybe it was the kids fault that they lost a 5 set match that could have gone either way!
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby yosports » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:53 pm

ballin34 wrote:
KG4MVP wrote:

TO KG4MVP:

I know people from Carrington and they said all year that Midkota was a tough challenge for them and Langdon too. They never assumed they would make State but of course were hoping they would. Don't cut someone down for writing encouragement on their vans. Is there a little bitterness here about BB or something? All the Region qualifiers can be proud. Congrats to Carrington on a great season--and Langdon too.
yosports
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBalways » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:06 pm

wolves65 wrote:Any thoughts on what the coach from Kindred had to say in the Fargo Forum? Nice statement to make after a loss. He has a lot to learn about coaching and being a good leader. If you don't get the Forum he said something along the lines of every team has its star players and his didn't show up when it counted and that was disappointing. He needs to look in the mirror before he throws his team under the bus. The only defense is you never know what the reporter left out but you still don't put blame on your team. He could have said I made some stupid personel changes during the game or maybe I shouldn't pull some girls when they make a mistake. He is the coach of the year so maybe it was the kids fault that they lost a 5 set match that could have gone either way!

Read the article as well with my family as well and I believe the comment was "WOW, Way to slam your players when they are down! Kindred played good. Maybe the coach should think before he speaks".
ClassBalways
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBalways » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:11 pm

ClassBEast wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Region 3

Region 6

Region 5

Region 1

Region 2

What an AWESOME match this was - a true battle to the very end. And what a great atmosphere -- although I personally believe Oak Grove should not be able to host a regional VB tourney due to gym size and parking issues -- it was fun having a PACKED house. Fans were standing at the end of the courts and sitting in the aisles - CRAZY! As one sportscaster put it "a fire marshall special, filled to the brim."

Both teams DESERVE to go to state, unfortunately, only one can. CONGRATS SQUIRRELS on continuing the winning tradition and good luck next week at the state tournament!

Agreed! For a big tournament such as the Regionals, it should be held in a facility that will accomodate every aspect from players to every single fan that wants to be there to support their team. Both teams in the Region 1 Championship are great teams it was a battle that was fun to watch!
ClassBalways
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Volleyball