Fiechtner out, Rustad in as Post #2 coach

Re: Fiechtner out, Rustad in as Post #2 coach

Postby ndakotasports94 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:30 pm

There defense was not overlooked, it just wasn't noticed because of the offense. That didn't stop the defense from costing them a regional championship.
ndakotasports94
NDPreps Starter

Postby cheddar » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:42 pm

I would not say it cost them the championship. They were worn down in all aspects. Pitchers were beat and people were exhausted physically and emotionally with having 3 intense games the day before. Their top pitchers had all already started a game or two in the tournament and Minnetonka took advantage of that. Griffin Powell had 7 rbi's in the game. One of the best hitters i have seen and with their pitchers not being well rested they left some pitches for griffin and the rest of the team to take advantage of.
cheddar
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mr. Sparta » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:41 am

Maybe Post 2 hasn't had success because they didnt have a competitive swagger like the 2011 Bombers. The players were competitive, theres no problem with that. The Bombers had the best pitching and hitting in the state and that has to be attributed to the coaching. Rustad took players that were mediocre during high school ball and coached them to success in the legion season. The defense was also exceptional and the only reason they made errors in regionals is because the had to play 7 games in 3 days.....they were obviously fatigued. And as far as homerun celebrations go it shows team chemistry and comradery, I'd be pretty excited if one of my teammates hit a game changing home run in the biggest tournament of their young career. It's not showing up the other team when a you cheer for your success and the you are respectful towards other teams mistakes. So quit talking about how terrible the Bombers and their coach were, when THEY WERE THE BEST JUNIOR LEGION TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM AND THE WHOLE STATE.
Mr. Sparta
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball101 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:21 pm

but can they continue that success at the varsity level? thats the only important thing..

Mr. Sparta wrote:Maybe Post 2 hasn't had success because they didnt have a competitive swagger like the 2011 Bombers. The players were competitive, theres no problem with that. The Bombers had the best pitching and hitting in the state and that has to be attributed to the coaching. Rustad took players that were mediocre during high school ball and coached them to success in the legion season. The defense was also exceptional and the only reason they made errors in regionals is because the had to play 7 games in 3 days.....they were obviously fatigued. And as far as homerun celebrations go it shows team chemistry and comradery, I'd be pretty excited if one of my teammates hit a game changing home run in the biggest tournament of their young career. It's not showing up the other team when a you cheer for your success and the you are respectful towards other teams mistakes. So quit talking about how terrible the Bombers and their coach were, when THEY WERE THE BEST JUNIOR LEGION TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM AND THE WHOLE STATE.
baseball101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndakotasports94 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:44 pm

Mr. Sparta wrote:Maybe Post 2 hasn't had success because they didnt have a competitive swagger like the 2011 Bombers. The players were competitive, theres no problem with that. The Bombers had the best pitching and hitting in the state and that has to be attributed to the coaching. Rustad took players that were mediocre during high school ball and coached them to success in the legion season. The defense was also exceptional and the only reason they made errors in regionals is because the had to play 7 games in 3 days.....they were obviously fatigued. And as far as homerun celebrations go it shows team chemistry and comradery, I'd be pretty excited if one of my teammates hit a game changing home run in the biggest tournament of their young career. It's not showing up the other team when a you cheer for your success and the you are respectful towards other teams mistakes. So quit talking about how terrible the Bombers and their coach were, when THEY WERE THE BEST JUNIOR LEGION TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM AND THE WHOLE STATE.

This is totally off. The kids on the Bombers have been winning state championships since they were 11. Clearly coaching had nothing to do with success. And they also weren't mediocre during high school ball; many were varsity starters. And the errors were not due to "fatigue", it was due to playing that way all year. No one who hit a homerun for the Bombers was in any way respectful towards the other team. Cocky gesutures towards opponents players and benches isn't exactly respectful. I'm not sure how anyone could know that this was supposedly the best team in the history of the state either.
ndakotasports94
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Sparta » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:37 am

ndakotasports94 wrote:This is totally off. The kids on the Bombers have been winning state championships since they were 11. Clearly coaching had nothing to do with success. And they also weren't mediocre during high school ball; many were varsity starters. And the errors were not due to "fatigue", it was due to playing that way all year. No one who hit a homerun for the Bombers was in any way respectful towards the other team. Cocky gesutures towards opponents players and benches isn't exactly respectful. I'm not sure how anyone could know that this was supposedly the best team in the history of the state either.

Well actually none of the players hit well during the high school season with no one hitting .300, yet most of the team hit over .300 this summer with 4 or 5 hitting nearly .500. I don't think the transfer from wood to metal would make that much of a difference unless coaching emphasis was put on hitting and mechanics. And the team had control and from what I saw didn't do anything disrespectful to other teams, they just played the game hard. And they were the best team in the history of the program and state because they were one game away from being regional champions and they lost to a team they beat 2 out of 3 times.......so your wrong.
Mr. Sparta
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ndbaseball999 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:51 pm

ndakotasports94 wrote:

This is totally off. The kids on the Bombers have been winning state championships since they were 11. Clearly coaching had nothing to do with success. And they also weren't mediocre during high school ball; many were varsity starters. And the errors were not due to "fatigue", it was due to playing that way all year. No one who hit a homerun for the Bombers was in any way respectful towards the other team. Cocky gesutures towards opponents players and benches isn't exactly respectful. I'm not sure how anyone could know that this was supposedly the best team in the history of the state either.

you must really have something against the kid who "bernied" when he hit his home run, because you have talked bad about him in other forums also. but i agree, it was very arrogant of a kid who should have matured and gotten out of that "b.s." by now. but all i want to say is stop saying whats going to happen or not going to happen; time will tell if they will be a good team or not. Your arguments will not have any affect on the outcome.
Ndbaseball999
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndakotasports94 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:34 pm

Ndbaseball999 wrote:
ndakotasports94 wrote:

you must really have something against the kid who "bernied" when he hit his home run, because you have talked bad about him in other forums also. but i agree, it was very arrogant of a kid who should have matured and gotten out of that "b.s." by now. but all i want to say is stop saying whats going to happen or not going to happen; time will tell if they will be a good team or not. Your arguments will not have any affect on the outcome.

I do have something against him because it was an embarrassment to the game. And Mr. Sparta, they did have at least one player who hit .300 during spring ball, Brad Conant from Shanley hit .300 for them this past school season. Also, just because they finished highest does not necessarily make them the best ever.
ndakotasports94
NDPreps Starter

Postby cheddar » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:56 pm

Actually no, you should get your facts right, brad conant did not bat .300 he actually batted .212 but gabe sandy batted .345 but only had 29 plate appearances. The closest kids who played every game varsity would be either gunnar linsteadt who batted around .270 or Voss who batted around .285. And let the whole "bernie" thing go, he did it one time and it was cause the players get emotional while playing the game and just try to lighten the moods of his teammates, he did it not to disrespect the game, but simply to lighten the moods of his teammates. Just let it go
cheddar
NDPreps Reserve

Postby CAS10 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 am

southpaw32 wrote:For a city with roughly twice the population, to draw players from, as their competitors. The fact that Post #2 has won state twice, in the last 21 years, says it all. This program has much deeper problems than the head coach. (though I have always thought it was a bad idea to have one of the local high school coaches running the summer program. Not just Fiechtner, but anyone tied to a school). Hopefully the new coach brings a new system of coaching and evaluation. And is independent enough not to be pulled back, into clearly what is not working.

Couldn't agree more. I have LONG been frustrated with this program. SO much talent that gets wasted. Fargo should be winning state at least couple years. When you have North, South, Shanley and now Davies to pick from, there should be no excuses. This program needs to turn around and fast. One of my favorite ball parks in the state gets wasted every summer with this crap.
CAS10
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Class A