Next Season

The teams in 9 Man

Next Season

Postby winner-within » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:19 pm

Will the 9-man class be the same towns and teams next season????
does anyone know of any changes to structure of playoffs or regions?
will any teams elect up?

who will be preseason favorite (little early i know) figured I'd throw it in

Good Luck to NS and NapGS.(play safe)....you earned it!!!and you deserve it!! :D
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Next Season

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:59 am

Everything is the same for next season because football goes on a 2 yr plan. During the season the NDHSAA will start looking at enrollments and changes and draft a new plan for the 2013 season so you may see some new co-ops then or teams moving up and down.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:55 am

Drayton-V-E and Central Valley will be playing a JV schedule, so some things are changing in region 2 next season.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby FTS » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:58 am

Flip wrote:Drayton-V-E and Central Valley will be playing a JV schedule, so some things are changing in region 2 next season.

Any speculation on how this will affect scheduling for region 2. Will they possibly play non-region games in Minnesota?
FTS
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:04 am

This was discussed to some extent in the region 2 thread. Playing MN teams was discussed, but it was purely speculation on our part.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:01 am

I think the early favorites in region 1 have to be wyndmere lidgerwood and NGS. My favorite in the region is WL. They lose 2 defensive starters and 3 offensive starters. They return 4 all region players and 1 honorable mention I believe. They also return 2 of the best players in the state in Illies and Vasquez. If they can find someone to play quarterback they will be a very tough out come playoff time. It shouldn't be that difficult to find someone because Illies and Vasquez catch everything. NGS also returns a lot of really good players and again if they can find someone to step up at QB they will be a real good team
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:18 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:I think the early favorites in region 1 have to be wyndmere lidgerwood and NGS. My favorite in the region is WL. They lose 2 defensive starters and 3 offensive starters. They return 4 all region players and 1 honorable mention I believe. They also return 2 of the best players in the state in Illies and Vasquez. If they can find someone to play quarterback they will be a very tough out come playoff time. It shouldn't be that difficult to find someone because Illies and Vasquez catch everything. NGS also returns a lot of really good players and again if they can find someone to step up at QB they will be a real good team

Would you consider Grande as good as them two or not ? Just curious because I heard there the real deal.
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:20 pm

Prior to today having never seen him play I would have said no but after watching him today I would say he has to be close. He isn't as physicallylarge and impressive as Illies and Im not sure if he makes the amazing catches Vasquez does because I haven't seen him play much but I would say he probably can based on what I saw today. I would say they are definetly the top 3 receivers in the state and that they are pretty comparable making a case for choosing one would be hard. Illies and Vasquez won't be as statistically dominate because they split catches being on the same team
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:17 pm

A few questions. Who does NS lose? Who are the favorites to replace Bell and Napoleon's QB (sorry I know I can't spell that name)? I'm guessing both teams could face a big drop off at that position considering how much those 2 QBs are responsible for.

I looked at Cavalier's roster a few weeks ago and I figured at the time they would probably have to be the favorite in region 2 again. I think South Border may compete for a region title next year, they return a lot.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby panthercub » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:10 am

NS loses Hayden Larson, Schill, Sager, Murchie, Haugen, Blake, & Vote. Returning Hagler, Braun, Grande, B. Larson, S. Hunt, Reider,& Dahle all of which will be seniors. I agree with Flip about his take on Cav, South Border, NGS and W-L and I also think DC and NS will be very strong again.
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:32 am

defensewinsgames wrote:Prior to today having never seen him play I would have said no but after watching him today I would say he has to be close. He isn't as physicallylarge and impressive as Illies and Im not sure if he makes the amazing catches Vasquez does because I haven't seen him play much but I would say he probably can based on what I saw today. I would say they are definetly the top 3 receivers in the state and that they are pretty comparable making a case for choosing one would be hard. Illies and Vasquez won't be as statistically dominate because they split catches being on the same team

North Star has about every football game highlight on YouTube just search North Star football if you wanna see highlights.
The only reason I brought this into discussion is because I had got into a argument with some buddies that only think he is good because he has a good quarterback and plays 9 man.
I say he would be a heck of a WR at any of the levels. Would he have the numbers he has in nine man no not even close, but easily all state at any level and a big go to guy.
Also heard some rumors that
Vasquez and Illies are being looked at by d1 schools? Any truth to that? If so can you name em.
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:06 am

I'm not positive but I also heard the same thing. They are only jrs so they have a lot of time but from what I heard it sounds like NDSU is the most likely place. It wouldn't surprise at all if they were getting D1 looks, they are both big capable receivers who catch almost anything. I was really impressed with Illies's routes and just the shear size of him. Vasquez catches everything! And I mean everything he has a sports center top 10 catch at least once a game. Both young men have a tremendous upside and anyone D1 or anywhere else would be lucky to have them on their team.

I'm not sure what NGS will have for a QB but at one of the games I was at I looked at the roster for WL thinking to the future and the only other QB on the roster is a 5' 10" 160ish pound freshman. Vasquez threw the ball quite a few times this year (out of wildcat, HB passes, or double passes) so I would say he has to be the early favorite to play QB unless the freshman puts in a lot of work in the off season
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:02 pm

One that hasn't been mentioned about Illies is his speed the kid qualified for state in a couple sprints.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:18 pm

Flip wrote:One that hasn't been mentioned about Illies is his speed the kid qualified for state in a couple sprints.

He qualified in hurdles and two relays (4x2 they were slow...4x4 decent)...not the sprints. His brother qualified in the sprints.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:23 pm

I was going to look up what he events he qualified, but I was too lazy.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:37 pm

Even so he isn't slow. He isn't the fastest kids in the world but he makes up for it many other ways
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby dyhardballa09 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:24 am

Early favorite from East: W/L
Team to rebound from East: Lakota
Team that will off fall greatly: Lamoure
Biggest suprise: New Rockford pushing for region championship

Early favorite from West: North Star
Team to rebound from West: St. John
Teams that will fall off greatly: Mott/Regent and MLS
Biggest suprise: TGU going to state!
dyhardballa09
NDPreps Starter

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:22 am

I like wyndmere lidgerwood from the east and northstar from the west. Assuming WL figures out the QB situation but Strenge does an excellent job with that program so I have confidence they will. For the first time in a long while the Warbirds return most of their starters and major contributers. Northstar also returns a lot and brings back IMO what will be the best passing combo (Hagler to Grande). They are going to have a huge year.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:54 am

I dont what LaMoure and Napoleon will bring back for the East but Cavalier will be real steady again, they really shouldnt miss a beat...should make at least as far as they did this year and farther the next!!!.. :D
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:21 am

Northstar has a lot of talent at the skill positions coming back, but who do they have on the line? I heard they had 7 seniors on a roster of only 17. Are they going to be able to fill out the other positions with some decent talent? If not, Hagler and Grande will take them into the playoffs but they won't repeat this season.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby witherspoon » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:43 am

panthercub wrote:NS loses Hayden Larson, Schill, Sager, Murchie, Haugen, Blake, & Vote. Returning Hagler, Braun, Grande, B. Larson, S. Hunt, Reider,& Dahle all of which will be seniors. I agree with Flip about his take on Cav, South Border, NGS and W-L and I also think DC and NS will be very strong again.

My order of predictions

South Border---return all their skill players and most of the line that they finished with, will be a contender
W/L----as long as Illes and Vasques are around they will be contenders
Nappy----will be hit hard but return a nice nucleus in Beine and company
LaMoure----B. Theilges is a good football player, who will be along with is a long shot, will win more games than they lose.
Sargent---- a potential above average team, depaends on how hard they work this summer
Hankinson-------really big question mark with this heady team
Richland------lose alot but could be above average
EE----lose almost their whole team could be ugly
Ellandale----two years away
Strasburg------Nope
witherspoon
NDPreps Starter

Postby panthercub » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:59 am

NS O-line next season, Reider, Hunt, Solseth(6'1"230# will be frosh) B. Larson(E)
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:04 am

Flip wrote:A few questions. Who does NS lose? Who are the favorites to replace Bell and Napoleon's QB (sorry I know I can't spell that name)? I'm guessing both teams could face a big drop off at that position considering how much those 2 QBs are responsible for.

I looked at Cavalier's roster a few weeks ago and I figured at the time they would probably have to be the favorite in region 2 again. I think South Border may compete for a region title next year, they return a lot.

Napoleon's Schwartzenberger will be replaced by Trent Fettig who will be a junior next year.
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:05 am

panthercub wrote:NS O-line next season, Reider, Hunt, Solseth(6'1"230# will be frosh) B. Larson(E)

Could be a concern?? I don't care how big or good a freshmen is, you put them up against jrs and srs and they are going to struggle because they just don't have the strength or the speed.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby panthercub » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:13 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
panthercub wrote:NS O-line next season, Reider, Hunt, Solseth(6'1"230# will be frosh) B. Larson(E)

Could be a concern?? I don't care how big or good a freshmen is, you put them up against jrs and srs and they are going to struggle because they just don't have the strength or the speed.

You could be right but I believe he was held back as a youngster. He saw a lot of time this year and he has a lot of speed and loves to lay big hits so he might struggle early but Haugen and Elsperger and the rest of the staff will get him where he needs to be quickly!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to 9 - Man