Postby Flip » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:15 pm

Go!
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:20 pm

Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter 50 North Star 42

NORTH STAR
RUSHING: Colton Braun 18 carries for 112 yards; Ethan Sager 7 carries for 26 yards; Daniel Grande 1 carry for 3 yards; Jacob Hagler 3 carries for -6 yards and 1 TD.
PASSING: Jacob Hagler 21-41 for 377 yards and 5 TDs (1 INT).
RECEIVING: Daniel Grande 11 catches for 191 yards and 3 TDs; Colton Braun 5 catches for 139 yards and 1 TD; Brooks Larson 2 catches for 27 yards; Drew Schill 2 catches for 18 yards and 1 TD; Josh Haugen 1 catch for 2 yards.

NAPOLEON-GACKLE-STREETER
RUSHING: Jonah Schwartzenberger 26 carries for 242 yards and 3 TDs; Jared Reis 13 carries for 91 yards and 2 TDs; Trent Fettig 1 carry for 3 yards.
PASSING: Jonah Schwartzenberger 21-30 for 301 yards and 2 TDs (3 INTs)
RECEIVING: Steven Weigel 9 catches for 146 yards; Jared Reis 5 catches for 76 yards and 1 TD; Trent Fettig 3 catches for 45 yards and 1 TD; Wade Rath-Wald 3 catches for 25 yards; Nicholas Breidenbach 1 catch for 9 yards.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:21 pm

MANY NEW DAKOTA BOWL RECORDS SET TODAY!
(this is what I found)

TEAM RECORDS:
Most Points Scored (two teams): 92, old record set in 2000 when Dickinson Trinity def. Rugby 44-28
First Downs: N-GS 38, old record set in 2002 by West Fargo (26)
Rushing First Downs: N-GS 21, TIES old record set in 2002 by West Fargo
Passing First Downs: North Star 17, old record set in 1995 by Thompson (9)
Most Passes Completed: N-GS & North Star 21, TIES old record set in 2003 by New Rockford-Sheyenne
Most Passes Attempted: North Star 41, old record set in 2001 by Fargo South (32)
Most Yards Passing: North Star 377, old record set in 2000 by Fargo North (356)
Most Total Offensive Net Yards: N-GS 637, old record set in 2005 by Richland (543)
Best Average Yards per Play: N-GS 9.1 (637/70), old record set in 1994 by Bishop Ryan (7.9)

INDIVIDUAL RECORDS:
Most Yards Passing: Jacob Hagler 377, old record set in 2000 by Tim Horn, Fargo North (281)
Most Passes Attempted: Jacob Hagler 41, old record set in 2001 by Mitch Kary, Fargo South (32)
Most Passes Completed: Jacob Hagler & Jonah Schwartzenberger 21, TIES old record from 2003 by Michael Cudworth, New Rockford-Sheyenne
Most Passes Caught: Daniel Grande 11, old record set in 1996 by Mickey Eley, GF Central and 2010 by Brock Larson, Fargo South (8)
Most Touchdowns (Passing): Jacob Hagler 5, TIES old record set in 2000 by Tim Horn, Fargo North
Most Touchdowns (Receiving): Daniel Grande 3, TIES old record set in 1998 by Jonny Thompson, Hatton-Finley/Sharon
Most Touchdowns (Total): Jacob Hagler 6, TIES old record set in 1999 by Jared Essler, Bishop Ryan and in 2001 by Kyle Steffes, Dickinson Trinity
Most Offensive Yards: Jonah Schwartzenberger 543, old record set in 1997 by Jason Dinius, Dickinson
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:27 pm

What does Grande do in the spring, does he run track?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Flip wrote:What does Grande do in the spring, does he run track?

I believe he plays baseball. Stud at catcher.
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:19 pm

Very close game the whole way through, but to it felt as if Napoleon was the better team. Seven of the biggest plays I can think of: the 3 TOs in the redzone for Napoleon, the 3 4th down and 15+ conversions by NS, and Grande's out OB TD all went the way of NS. If even 2 of these plays go Napoleon's way it is probably 3 TD win for them. If Napoleon gets 5 of those plays it is a blowout. I know they didn't get any of them. Also, Napoleon's defense was able to slow NS's offense a little better than NS's defense. NS punted 3 times, Napoleon 1. NS had at least 4 4th down conversions. Was Napoleon even forced to go for it on 4th down? It didn't even seem like they attempted many 3rd down conversions.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Napoleon was 7 for 8 on 3rd down conversions (0 for 0 on 4th down conversions)

North Star was 4 for 13 on 3rd down conversions (5 for 5 on 4th down conversions)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby kramer85 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Flip wrote:Very close game the whole way through, but to it felt as if Napoleon was the better team. Seven of the biggest plays I can think of: the 3 TOs in the redzone for Napoleon, the 3 4th down and 15+ conversions by NS, and Grande's out OB TD all went the way of NS. If even 2 of these plays go Napoleon's way it is probably 3 TD win for them. If Napoleon gets 5 of those plays it is a blowout. I know they didn't get any of them. Also, Napoleon's defense was able to slow NS's offense a little better than NS's defense. NS punted 3 times, Napoleon 1. NS had at least 4 4th down conversions. Was Napoleon even forced to go for it on 4th down? It didn't even seem like they attempted many 3rd down conversions.

What is your problem Flip? Can't give NS any credit what so ever. At least you hit it right on the head with NGS stopping Hagler and Grande. Good call.
kramer85
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AF PN » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Hey it was a close game all the way through like you said, don't make excuses as to why it "wasn't a blowout" both teams made plays that they needed to, Napoleon just made a few more.
AF PN
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:00 pm

kramer85 wrote:What is your problem Flip? Can't give NS any credit what so ever. At least you hit it right on the head with NGS stopping Hagler and Grande. Good call.

I've been wrong before and i'll be wrong many times in the future. I don't think I ever said they would stop them. I probably thought they would, but I never said it was a guarantee. Congrats to NS for making the big plays, Napoleon didn't. Those were my honest thoughts on the game.

Edit: Here is what I said.

Flip wrote:Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter vs. North Star
82-15 ytd

I think Napoleon wins in comfortable fashion, maybe only a 2 score game maybe more, but I don't think they'll have to panic at the end of the game. IF they can't contain Hagler NS has a chance, but if they figured out how to stop Bell I think they can stop Hagler.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby justplayalready » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:21 pm

Ngs could have it easy at the end...a nice long drive to kill the clock, get a first down after ns uses all time outs and take a knee...game over
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby theoldman » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:45 pm

Congratulations to Coach McCleary and the Imperials. A very good looking team. Thought the way they controlled the line of scrimmage won them the game. Beine is a stud.
theoldman
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballchicken » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:58 pm

...and only a Jr - so are the NS studs for that matter!! should be fun next year
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby panthercub » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:59 pm

WOW! Congrats to both teams! Finally a game that lived up to hype. NS made some big plays NGS just had more stops. Not much else to say. Flip you think youre Mel Kiper or Chris Berman or something quit with the bs excuses to why it wasnt a blowout! Best game ever!?
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AF PN » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:57 pm

It's too bad Jonah is only 5'8". He could play somewhere if it wasn't for his height.
AF PN
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:46 pm

Flip wrote:Very close game the whole way through, but to it felt as if Napoleon was the better team. Seven of the biggest plays I can think of: the 3 TOs in the redzone for Napoleon, the 3 4th down and 15+ conversions by NS, and Grande's out OB TD all went the way of NS. If even 2 of these plays go Napoleon's way it is probably 3 TD win for them. If Napoleon gets 5 of those plays it is a blowout. I know they didn't get any of them. Also, Napoleon's defense was able to slow NS's offense a little better than NS's defense. NS punted 3 times, Napoleon 1. NS had at least 4 4th down conversions. Was Napoleon even forced to go for it on 4th down? It didn't even seem like they attempted many 3rd down conversions.

Narrow the Field like they do in MN and you wont see stats and scores like this......there really is no such thing as Defense in 9-man when 2 real good teams play like they did today....it was an exhibition.

Naps the stronger better team....and Hagler could be one of the smartest, savviest HS athletes ND has seen in a long time.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby footballchicken » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:47 pm

leave the field - who cares about MN. Ever seen the 6 man football scores....those are insane. they might as well just put flags on

ND 9 man is unique in its own way - fun to watch, no need to change things now.

Maybe NS should of blitzed more then twice - NGS QB had all day to wait for someone to get open (and all his yards rushing were inside the tackles - not really field related)

just my 2 cents -
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:49 pm

AF PN wrote:It's too bad Jonah is only 5'8". He could play somewhere if it wasn't for his height.

Reminds me of a college QB that isn't a great NFL prospect, but he fits the system he plays in perfectly. Kind of like a Hawaii QB back in the June Jones era.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:51 pm

footballchicken wrote:Maybe NS should of blitzed more then twice - NGS QB had all day to wait for someone to get open (and all his yards rushing were inside the tackles - not really field related)

2nd half I thought they brought a minimum of 4 guys on every play. First half they were bringing 3 on every play and got no pressure.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby footballchicken » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:52 pm

Josh Heupel - Oklahama!!
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:01 pm

panthercub wrote:WOW! Congrats to both teams! Finally a game that lived up to hype. NS made some big plays NGS just had more stops. Not much else to say. Flip you think youre Mel Kiper or Chris Berman or something quit with the bs excuses to why it wasnt a blowout! Best game ever!?

I'm not making excuses. The team that was better won.

I'm going to pat myself on the back too. This post was made November 15th of last year in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=59&t=8947

Flip wrote:I think WL will be decent, but I think the favorite has to be Napoleon.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballchick » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:10 am

Flip, just a note that this is not the NFL . . . one foot in bounds is a touchdown in 9 man football. Grande's TD was a good call on this play.
bballchick
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:15 am

bballchick wrote:

Flip, just a note that this is not the NFL . . . one foot in bounds is a touchdown in 9 man football. Grande's TD was a good call on this play.

It was NOT a touchdown...Flip is correct. He did not have full possession and one foot in bounds on that whole play. When Grande had full possession his next foot was the one that was on the line. Therefore, by the rules of football...he was not in bounds but North Star caught the break.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby panthercub » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:22 am

I agree Flip NGS was better today but NS can score thats for sure! NGS QB was elusive and very quick!
BTW - Nice call last Nov.
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:23 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
bballchick wrote:

It was NOT a touchdown...Flip is correct. He did not have full possession and one foot in bounds on that whole play. When Grande had full possession his next foot was the one that was on the line. Therefore, by the rules of football...he was not in bounds but North Star caught the break.

His right foot was pretty close to being down when he got control of the ball, then his second step with his left touched the sideline. Pretty much a bang bang play with the officials down there, who don't have the benefit of review. If there was review, it would have been overturned, tho.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to 9 - Man