9-Man FINAL

The teams in 9 Man

Re: 9-Man FINAL

Postby Flip » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:13 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I remember a few years ago when everyone thought NGS was so dominant, and the east was so dominant, and their region was so dominant.....guess someone forgot to tell MR that. I think everyone has a short memory and can't remember past last year's final when a very deep and talented WL team beat a short handed and injury plagued WC team that made a great run through the playoffs.

I wasn't on the board in '07 when MR beat Napoleon, but you could make the same case the last 3 seasons and in each of those games the heavy NDPreps favorite dominated.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defense1st » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:40 pm

vball10 wrote:
Flip wrote:
vball10 wrote:The same things are said about North Star every game. According to fans almost everyone thinks that defense is going to stop North Star (i.e. Central McClean, Divide County) but doesn't seem like they have had much of an answer for Hagler/Grande. North Star has more then just that combo for passing anyway. Other receivers may not see as many passes as Grande but there are many more capabale of recieving. Grande has been double teamed a lot and even triple teamed occasionally. He STILL catches the ball.

North Star will pull away with this one again in another close one.

I just read the NS/CM and NS/DC threads and I didn't find one poster that said either defense was going to stop NS, let alone "almost everyone." Its like you want to feel disrespected so you just make stuff up.

Ok, I should have worded it differently. Someting more like "A lot of posters have picked against North Star but Hagler/Grande still proved to be too much."
That sound better for you Flip?

It doesn't sound better to me. Flip said he found NO posters that said defense would stop NS. I agree with Flip, seems like you're making a lot of thing up.
defense1st
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:46 pm

Green Bay can rack up the points.......they can also give them up......they wont repeat!.....as I say this, 9-man is surly a different beast!!!....ND has to do what MN does.......Narrow the field!!! why??? because you have 4 less players on it.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby yadot » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:34 am

Its hard to predict these games with no out of region contests. Most of the neutral observers seem to think NGS will win with ease. How many posters here have actually seen both teams play. I have only seen northstar play and they are impressive. It sounds to me like both qbs have a lot of the same traits. One thing I think a lot of people are missing with northstar, and it has been mentioned by northstar fans, is they do have quite a few more weapons than just Hagler to Grande. DC starte the game trying to single Grande with Andreas Holm, but a few completions later it was double coverage, which in 9 man gives a lot of room for other receivers like Haugen, Sager, Braun, and Larson. Will NGS be able to single Grande? It sounds like they have the players to do that but I thought DC did too. My biggest question is northstars defense going to be able to defend NGS passing as all of their playoff opponents ( shiloh, central mclean, and Dc) have relied heavily on the run. Should be a fun and exciting game
yadot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vball10 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:43 am

defense1st wrote:
vball10 wrote:
Flip wrote:
vball10 wrote:The same things are said about North Star every game. According to fans almost everyone thinks that defense is going to stop North Star (i.e. Central McClean, Divide County) but doesn't seem like they have had much of an answer for Hagler/Grande. North Star has more then just that combo for passing anyway. Other receivers may not see as many passes as Grande but there are many more capabale of recieving. Grande has been double teamed a lot and even triple teamed occasionally. He STILL catches the ball.

North Star will pull away with this one again in another close one.

I just read the NS/CM and NS/DC threads and I didn't find one poster that said either defense was going to stop NS, let alone "almost everyone." Its like you want to feel disrespected so you just make stuff up.

Ok, I should have worded it differently. Someting more like "A lot of posters have picked against North Star but Hagler/Grande still proved to be too much."
That sound better for you Flip?

It doesn't sound better to me. Flip said he found NO posters that said defense would stop NS. I agree with Flip, seems like you're making a lot of thing up.

I re-worded it without any form of the word defense in it. I also went back and looked and obviously read the posts to fast. Which is why I reworded myself to what I said before. So, if you would have read my second post you would understand that I admitted I was wrong about posters talking about defense. But, some posters thought DC was just going to roll over NS and most others thought DC would win in a closer game and all I was saying is that Hagler/Grande still prove to be too much.
vball10
NDPreps Starter

Postby Buck » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:02 am

Going with. Should be a great game.
NGS 30
NS 24
Buck
NDPreps Starter

Postby theworldismine1999 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:32 am

IMO i think that Napolean will win big. They shut down 2 of the best recievers in the state (IMO) twice. If they shurt down NS pasing attack they will win by 2-3 touchdowns if not they win by 1 touchdown. If Napolean doesnt win the battle up front then they lose... but if they do they win... Napolean should win this game if they get the job done.
theworldismine1999
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:52 pm

Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter vs. North Star
82-15 ytd

I think Napoleon wins in comfortable fashion, maybe only a 2 score game maybe more, but I don't think they'll have to panic at the end of the game. IF they can't contain Hagler NS has a chance, but if they figured out how to stop Bell I think they can stop Hagler.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:53 pm

Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter 32
North Star 30
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby AF PN » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:02 pm

I think its crazy how a fair amount of people on this post keep picking against NS for the past three weeks like they are just some lucky cinderella team this year. Not only picking against, but picking them to lose by 2-3 scores. But.....every week they keep winning......so they must be doing something right. I realize NS has never been to the big game before, and that NGS comes from a history of success, and according to some people "a superior region" but guess what, its 1 game. Anyone can win tomorrow as long as they play up to their potential. Its going to come down to who can get the most 2 point conversions, who doesn't have penalties, stop those big plays, and avoid injuries to key players. Another thing to think about is coaching. Who is going to be able to exploit the other teams weaknesses, and come up with different defensive looks, and new offensive plays. So.....there are many variables, but I think its dumb to pick either of these teams to win big over the other.
AF PN
NDPreps Reserve

Postby footballchicken » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:10 pm

Stopping WL therefore stopping NS, is not a good comparison.

If you can stop WL's passing game - then all you have to worry about is Bell running the ball from the QB position (thats what NGS did twice)

WL also only had 2 receivers that got the ball (very good recievers!!)

With North Star - if you stop their passing game, they can still run with the RB and QB (more options then WL)
If you stop their run, NS has more then jsut 2 guys they can throw the ball to.

I think NGS wins this game, but i beleive NS has more balance than WL did - therefore making it a close game
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:47 pm

I'm not sold on their running game, it was pretty non existent last week.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:17 pm

footballchicken wrote:Stopping WL therefore stopping NS, is not a good comparison.

If you can stop WL's passing game - then all you have to worry about is Bell running the ball from the QB position (thats what NGS did twice)

WL also only had 2 receivers that got the ball (very good recievers!!)

With North Star - if you stop their passing game, they can still run with the RB and QB (more options then WL)
If you stop their run, NS has more then jsut 2 guys they can throw the ball to.

I think NGS wins this game, but i beleive NS has more balance than WL did - therefore making it a close game

WL ran the ball with their quarterback a lot and Luis Vasquez took a couple of direct snaps but otherwise WL had no running back factor.
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:01 pm

NapGS must be real solid....because Cavalier gave up nothing all season and Bell ran wild on them
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:34 pm

ILoveBaseball21 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:I remember a few years ago when everyone thought NGS was so dominant, and the east was so dominant, and their region was so dominant.....guess someone forgot to tell MR that. I think everyone has a short memory and can't remember past last year's final when a very deep and talented WL team beat a short handed and injury plagued WC team that made a great run through the playoffs. I didn't think NS would get past CM or DC, but they pulled them both off so its hard to pick against them in the final for me and I highly doubt it will be a 20+ victory for NGS as some are predicting. My pick is that its a one score game either way, high scoring, but I'm going with NS 42-38.

There is no way that they will score that high with Napoleon's defense. First and second most points scored against them this year are 30 and 20. And 18 in the last 4 games. You underestimate Napoleon's defense.

In the 4th Q and the score has already surpassed ndlionsfan's prediction. These are two HIGH powered offenses...not much the defenses can do.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby defensewinsgames » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:01 pm

It came down to what I thought it would. Northstar didnt have an answer to jonah and he ran all over them. It was a great game! Fun to watch and both teams gave it all they had! Great season to both teams! Perhaps the best offensive nine man game ever. It was exciting from the opening kick off to the final drive and that isn't easy to do. Unfortunatly not much defense played minus the turnovers but sometimes that's fine. Congrats NGS
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby AF PN » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Congrats to both teams. So much for that blowout prediction that some had said on here and stopping Northstars offense. I am a Northstar Fan, and I will say that Napoleon had a very good team......we played with more heart all season that any team, in the end it wasn't quite enough, but effort, intensity and heart will get you a long ways!
AF PN
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to 9 - Man