Fargo North?

Teams of the East

Fargo North?

Postby qbkilla26 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:02 pm

Ive heard north has a dominating junior class and a few good seniors.. Any chance that they make a run this year? ive also heard that they had two good sophmores.
qbkilla26
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Fargo North?

Postby Bud225 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:30 pm

If their Going to make a run this year Kraft is going to have to put up big numbers and their going to need 4 or 5 other players to step up and score 20 plus
Last edited by Bud225 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bud225
NDPreps Starter

Postby highandwide » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:59 pm

What exactly has this Junior class ever "dominated?" I don't see that they ever won anything in Pee Wee or Bantams. The highest scorer of that class was at about 150th in the state last year.
They finished last season losing 6 in a row and 7 of the last 8 games they played.
highandwide
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nextgreatone » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:07 am

highandwide wrote:What exactly has this Junior class ever "dominated?" I don't see that they ever won anything in Pee Wee or Bantams. The highest scorer of that class was at about 150th in the state last year.
They finished last season losing 6 in a row and 7 of the last 8 games they played.

First off this is the same class that was one of the top bantam teams in the state if I remember correctly. Very solid bunch. Also, Bottineau had 3 scorers in the top 10 last year so you might as well throw that point straight out of the nearest window. They beat every team in the East last year besides West Fargo, including two at Grafton. To say this team is not for real is not giving them a quarter of the respect they deserve.
nextgreatone
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highandwide » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:41 am

If I remember correctly they lost to Minot 7-2 in the bantam tournament.
They do have a pretty solid group of Juniors, but they have dominated nothing I can see to this point.

I think I'm giving them all the respect they've EARNED.
highandwide
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nextgreatone » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:29 pm

All I have to say is be prepared for North to surprise you this season.
nextgreatone
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ordeen » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:17 am

with whapeton out of the edc north might have a chance this year
ordeen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nextgreatone » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:25 pm

ordeen wrote:with whapeton out of the edc north might have a chance this year

This might be offensive to North if it didn't take overtime for Davies to take out the powerhouse of Wahpeton.
nextgreatone
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highandwide » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:04 pm

And thankfully Davies did win in OT because now that Wahp. is gone, NORTH will forever hold the distinction of being the ONLY EDC team to have ever lost to them.
highandwide
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nextgreatone » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:00 pm

highandwide wrote:And thankfully Davies did win in OT because now that Wahp. is gone, NORTH will forever hold the distinction of being the ONLY EDC team to have ever lost to them.

Assuming you're a Davies fan, I look forward to Davies and North playing this year...
nextgreatone
NDPreps Reserve

Postby LarryHoover » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:19 pm

Well with the way North is playing right now, i could easily see them making a run. They are 5 and 1.. theyre only loss came to grafton, but they outshot grafton 35 to 12 in the game and clearly dominated. i could see them being at the top of the EDC this year.
LarryHoover
NDPreps Reserve

Postby old#63 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:38 pm

LarryHoover wrote:Well with the way North is playing right now, i could easily see them making a run. They are 5 and 1.. theyre only loss came to grafton, but they outshot grafton 35 to 12 in the game and clearly dominated. i could see them being at the top of the EDC this year.

They are looking tough so far. I still think I put Red River as the top in the EDC, but North is making a strong case for being ranked #2. Saw them play Grafton and they have a lot of big kids. They played a pretty physical game against Grafton. Is that how they always play?
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby nextgreatone » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:04 pm

The only chance I've had to watch North was their game against West Fargo. They were down early but made a comeback, and they played fairly physical in this game (compared to other teams). I also heard they beat Davies highandwide...
The true test for any team this year is when they play GFRR.
nextgreatone
NDPreps Reserve

Postby purple_drank » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:56 pm

i went to the north grafton game and north dominated the game completely. Schmit (norths tender) had a bad game and let in two goals on like 13 shots. graftons goalie suda had the best hockey game ive ever seen him play and in the process shutting out north. RR Grafton n North are clearly the 3 best teams in the state. because west hockey is always just garbage
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:13 pm

Saturday, January 14th

GF Red River def. Fargo North 3-2 F/OT
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby highandwide » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:53 am

nextgreatone wrote:
highandwide wrote:And thankfully Davies did win in OT because now that Wahp. is gone, NORTH will forever hold the distinction of being the ONLY EDC team to have ever lost to them.

Assuming you're a Davies fan, I look forward to Davies and North playing this year...

Careful what you wish for...
highandwide
NDPreps Reserve

Postby CAS10 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:21 am

qbkilla26 wrote:Ive heard north has a dominating junior class and a few good seniors.. Any chance that they make a run this year? ive also heard that they had two good sophmores.

You had a pretty good hunch. Now let's see how they handle State. They "should" win the opening round, but you never know.
CAS10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby LarryHoover » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:12 pm

highandwide wrote:If I remember correctly they lost to Minot 7-2 in the bantam tournament.
They do have a pretty solid group of Juniors, but they have dominated nothing I can see to this point.

Well I hope they have EARNED all of your respect now.
LarryHoover
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highandwide » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:24 pm

Your goalie has....
highandwide
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nextgreatone » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:48 am

highandwide wrote:Your goalie has....

Hockey is a team sport. Yes Nick Schmit is an amazing goalie but you can't allow that to take away from the fact that the Spartans won the title, not just Schmit. Looking at the stats, Schmit had zero goals on the tournament, and that's how games are won.
Well done Fargo North Spartans.
nextgreatone
NDPreps Reserve

Postby CAS10 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:38 am

nextgreatone wrote:
highandwide wrote:Your goalie has....

Hockey is a team sport. Yes Nick Schmit is an amazing goalie but you can't allow that to take away from the fact that the Spartans won the title, not just Schmit. Looking at the stats, Schmit had zero goals on the tournament, and that's how games are won.
Well done Fargo North Spartans.

Well said, but his save late in the game where it was 2 on 1 and sprawled out to knock it away from GPR player was HUGE. He definitely should've been MVP of the tourney.
CAS10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highandwide » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:54 pm

Nick was the "Chevy Player of the Game" in both the semi's and the ship, think about what that tells ya.

The fact he was not "All-State" is a joke. Somebody ranked 22nd, with the worst goals against and save % among any of the "starters" ranked above him is "All-State," give me a break....
highandwide
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nextgreatone » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:43 am

highandwide wrote:Nick was the "Chevy Player of the Game" in both the semi's and the ship, think about what that tells ya.

The fact he was not "All-State" is a joke. Somebody ranked 22nd, with the worst goals against and save % among any of the "starters" ranked above him is "All-State," give me a break....

Oh no doubt Schmit was the Spartans' best player, but he didn't do all of the work, just most of it.
He was more deserving of All-State than any other goalie as he was tested much more than Nies.
nextgreatone
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theZfactor » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:44 am

highandwide wrote:If I remember correctly they lost to Minot 7-2 in the bantam tournament.

OBVIOUSLY NOT!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
theZfactor
NDPreps Rookie

Return to EDC