9-Man FINAL

The teams in 9 Man

Re: 9-Man FINAL

Postby 68chevy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Like was stated earlier NGS stopped W/L's passing attack when they had two dominant recieving threats I don't think they will have trouble stopping NS's. I'm picking NGS by 20+
68chevy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby classB4ever » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:54 pm

This is really a tough pick for me. On one hand, Flip has had NGS right all along. Even from before the season. On the other hand, he has picked against Northstar every week and they of course have won.
When winner and Flip start complimenting each other because they agree on one thing (dislike for NS) then either the sky is falling or NS is winning in the dome. I like the latter. NS in a close one. 8)
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:21 pm

classB4ever wrote:This is really a tough pick for me. On one hand, Flip has had NGS right all along. Even from before the season. On the other hand, he has picked against Northstar every week and they of course have won.
When winner and Flip start complimenting each other because they agree on one thing (dislike for NS) then either the sky is falling or NS is winning in the dome. I like the latter. NS in a close one. 8)

So where did I say this???....I said it would be cool for NS to win 2 Championship's from 2 Sports in the same year!.....but will they???
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby FrankTheTank » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:39 pm

I couldnt bare to go threw and read all your posts again winner, but I could of swore you stated that basketball towns dont have the toughness to get to this point in a football season.......once again spoken like a true car salesman =)
FrankTheTank
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Flip » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:17 pm

classB4ever wrote:This is really a tough pick for me. On one hand, Flip has had NGS right all along. Even from before the season. On the other hand, he has picked against Northstar every week and they of course have won.

For the most part I don't dislike any team. I have absolutely nothing against NS. I haven't actually picked against them once as I only pick Region 1 and 2 games, although I did think they would lose last week.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:29 pm

What radio stations are going to be doing this game?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby scrappingerman » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:18 pm

vikingman wrote:What radio stations are going to be doing this game?

KZZY - Devils Lake KSJB am 600 - Jamestown
scrappingerman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:51 pm

FrankTheTank wrote:I couldnt bare to go threw and read all your posts again winner, but I could of swore you stated that basketball towns dont have the toughness to get to this point in a football season.......once again spoken like a true car salesman =)

Well I come from a Basketball town...(I actually said basketball players (not towns), but I'm not used to nine man.....I root for a TOWN (you said it, I didn't) who 3-peated at 11-AA) and the more I think of it, we (meaning, us from my TOWN) had a few round ballers (pretty good ones) who would have fared well on the football field.... Now, any publisity is good publicity!!.. :wink: frankster!
Last edited by winner-within on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:15 pm

I find it funny that it was also stated earlier that a passing team would never win a state title. Not only are both of this years teams are great passing teams but if you think back to last year Wyndmere Lidgerwood was a great passing team.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby kramer85 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:49 pm

68chevy wrote:Like was stated earlier NGS stopped W/L's passing attack when they had two dominant recieving threats I don't think they will have trouble stopping NS's. I'm picking NGS by 20+

Did NGS stop Wyd/Lig passing game or did the wind? I heard it was fairly windy last weekend in Napolean.
kramer85
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:55 pm

It was windy last Saturday, but they played last game of the year where conditions were fine and WL only scored 6 points.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:00 am

The wind was a contributing factor the second time they played but the first time they played it came down more to the defensive line getting pressure on the QB making it impossible for him to throw than it did they defensive backs locking down the receivers. I do believe NGS has the athletes to shut down the pass game though especially if you depend on 1 receiver. And what they make lack in coverage they make up for in making the QB uneasy with the pass rush
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby 68chevy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:03 am

kramer85 wrote:
68chevy wrote:Like was stated earlier NGS stopped W/L's passing attack when they had two dominant recieving threats I don't think they will have trouble stopping NS's. I'm picking NGS by 20+

Did NGS stop Wyd/Lig passing game or did the wind? I heard it was fairly windy last weekend in Napolean.

In both games when W/L played Napoleon, Napoleon found a way to keep W/L from scoring too many points. I think you can attribute one of the passing shut downs to wind but the other was do to NGS's dominance.
68chevy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theman60 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:54 am

68chevy wrote:
kramer85 wrote:

In both games when W/L played Napoleon, Napoleon found a way to keep W/L from scoring too many points. I think you can attribute one of the passing shut downs to wind but the other was do to NGS's dominance.

I believe the wind thing goes both ways here.... Napoleon is as much, if not more, of a passing team than W/L. I believe the wind would slow them down too, right?. In the semi-final game, Schwartzenberger passed only 8 times for 50 yards, and he is a quarterback who is averaging close to 200 a game.
theman60
NDPreps Rookie

Postby kramer85 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:46 am

Sounds like NS should stay home
kramer85
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vball10 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:27 am

The same things are said about North Star every game. According to fans almost everyone thinks that defense is going to stop North Star (i.e. Central McClean, Divide County) but doesn't seem like they have had much of an answer for Hagler/Grande. North Star has more then just that combo for passing anyway. Other receivers may not see as many passes as Grande but there are many more capabale of recieving. Grande has been double teamed a lot and even triple teamed occasionally. He STILL catches the ball.

North Star will pull away with this one again in another close one.
vball10
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:20 am

vball10 wrote:The same things are said about North Star every game. According to fans almost everyone thinks that defense is going to stop North Star (i.e. Central McClean, Divide County) but doesn't seem like they have had much of an answer for Hagler/Grande. North Star has more then just that combo for passing anyway. Other receivers may not see as many passes as Grande but there are many more capabale of recieving. Grande has been double teamed a lot and even triple teamed occasionally. He STILL catches the ball.

I just read the NS/CM and NS/DC threads and I didn't find one poster that said either defense was going to stop NS, let alone "almost everyone." Its like you want to feel disrespected so you just make stuff up.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:09 am

Trent Fettig was assigned to guard Jeff Illies on every play and Illies only had one or two good runs and Fettig shut him down in the pass game. Adam Bell didn't do jack for throwing the ball with or without the wind and only ever ran the ball right up the middle three plays in a row. Bad play call by W-L on a fake punt into the wind from their own 15 when Illies tried throwing the ball and he got stuffed and picked off for a 3 yard interception touchdown. There is no logical reason to fake a punt while on your own 15 and going straight into the wind, especially when the guy rolls out. Best bet would be to punt and at least have them start on their 40 instead of getting sacked and them having the ball on the five. That play call just makes no sense to me. You gotta give Jonah Schwartzenberger for being a pretty good quarterback and only being 5'8". Napoleon was missing their tight end, Wade Rath-Wald, who only played defense due to a sprained ankle. Napoleon really knows how to tackle as well which makes them so good along with good hard running.
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby panthercub » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:38 am

kramer85 wrote:Sounds like NS should stay home

You have to be kidding me! They will once again prove all the doubters wrong and if you guys think Grande is the only receiver threat you got another coming! :lol: They got you right where they want you. NGS is in trouble! :D
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby panthercub » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:40 am

Flip wrote:
vball10 wrote:The same things are said about North Star every game. According to fans almost everyone thinks that defense is going to stop North Star (i.e. Central McClean, Divide County) but doesn't seem like they have had much of an answer for Hagler/Grande. North Star has more then just that combo for passing anyway. Other receivers may not see as many passes as Grande but there are many more capabale of recieving. Grande has been double teamed a lot and even triple teamed occasionally. He STILL catches the ball.

I just read the NS/CM and NS/DC threads and I didn't find one poster that said either defense was going to stop NS, let alone "almost everyone." Its like you want to feel disrespected so you just make stuff up.

Flip are you sure it isn't Flop! :lol:
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:42 am

I remember a few years ago when everyone thought NGS was so dominant, and the east was so dominant, and their region was so dominant.....guess someone forgot to tell MR that. I think everyone has a short memory and can't remember past last year's final when a very deep and talented WL team beat a short handed and injury plagued WC team that made a great run through the playoffs. I didn't think NS would get past CM or DC, but they pulled them both off so its hard to pick against them in the final for me and I highly doubt it will be a 20+ victory for NGS as some are predicting. My pick is that its a one score game either way, high scoring, but I'm going with NS 42-38.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:49 am

ndlionsfan wrote:I remember a few years ago when everyone thought NGS was so dominant, and the east was so dominant, and their region was so dominant.....guess someone forgot to tell MR that. I think everyone has a short memory and can't remember past last year's final when a very deep and talented WL team beat a short handed and injury plagued WC team that made a great run through the playoffs. I didn't think NS would get past CM or DC, but they pulled them both off so its hard to pick against them in the final for me and I highly doubt it will be a 20+ victory for NGS as some are predicting. My pick is that its a one score game either way, high scoring, but I'm going with NS 42-38.

There is no way that they will score that high with Napoleon's defense. First and second most points scored against them this year are 30 and 20. And 18 in the last 4 games. You underestimate Napoleon's defense.
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby FrankTheTank » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:34 pm

winner-within wrote:
FrankTheTank wrote:I couldnt bare to go threw and read all your posts again winner, but I could of swore you stated that basketball towns dont have the toughness to get to this point in a football season.......once again spoken like a true car salesman =)

Well I come from a Basketball town...(I actually said basketball players (not towns), but I'm not used to nine man.....I root for a TOWN (you said it, I didn't) who 3-peated at 11-AA) and the more I think of it, we (meaning, us from my TOWN) had a few round ballers (pretty good ones) who would have fared well on the football field.... Now, any publisity is good publicity!!.. :wink: frankster!

Ok....so once again you make no sense but we are all used to it.....You come from a basketball town but 3 peated in 11-AA football......you must be a figure skating kinda guy!!
FrankTheTank
NDPreps Rookie

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:30 pm

You wanna do some figure skating, you just let me know there twinkle toes!

we could 2-step too!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby vball10 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:58 pm

Flip wrote:

Ok, I should have worded it differently. Someting more like "A lot of posters have picked against North Star but Hagler/Grande still proved to be too much."

That sound better for you Flip?
vball10
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man