Tim Tebow

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Tim Tebow

Postby riders » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:29 pm

Let's hear everyones thoughts on his chances of success/failure in the NFL.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Tim Tebow

Postby Flip » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:16 am

Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:03 am

He's 2 and 1 as we speak as a starter.....not bad for any QB in the NFL ....I picked him on my pool's!!!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:33 pm

winner-within wrote:He's 2 and 1 as we speak as a starter.....not bad for any QB in the NFL ....I picked him on my pool's!!!

Ryan Leaf started 2-0.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:25 am

Tebow is on a game to game basis....I say he makes it in the NFL....its like this, what else will he do for a living???
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:29 pm

He could do a million things, coach football among them.

I really like Tebow, you can tell he genuinely cares, wants to be successful and he always says the right the things. I remember when Gruden did his thing on ESPN with the rookie QBs and Tebow had the best responses to all his questions.

He is in a tough spot in Denver IMO. He probably should have been a 3rd or a 4th round pick, but because he was a 1st rounder there is a lot of pressure to play him early when he probably isn't ready.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:25 pm

Agreed....but we know he isn't the coaching type, he has something to prove on the field and I believe he will....I also think his success will take place on any team if not Denver....I dont Know if Elway is part owner of the Broncos but I really dont care what he thinks.....He was good, but he didn't get it all until he played with a back that could run T. Davis
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:21 pm

1. Tim Tebow came, he saw, he ran the Veer, he conquered. On a gorgeous 67-degree day in Kansas City with weather being no factor, the Denver Broncos completed two passes, never trailed and forged a three-way tie for second place in the mighty AFC West. Denver 17, Kansas City 10. Victories since Oct. 23: Tebow 3, Tom Brady/Michael Vick/Philip Rivers (combined) 2.

and as far as the Vick Led Eagles

Week 2: Up 31-21 at Atlanta with 14 minutes left. The Matt Ryan-led Falcons twice drive 80 yards to touchdowns. Eagles lose, 35-31.
Week 3: Up 16-14 over the Giants at home with 10 minutes left. Eli Manning takes the Giants on 54- and 56-yard touchdown drives. Philadelphia offense snoozes again. Eagles lose, 29-16.
Week 4: Up 23-17 over San Francisco at home with six minutes left. Alex Smith drives the 49ers 77 yards to a touchdown. Jeremy Maclin fumbles with the Eagles on the doorstep to win late. Eagles lose, 24-23.
Week 9: Up 24-20 over Chicago at home with 14 minutes left. Jay Cutler drives the Bears 51 yards to a touchdown and 54 yards to a field goal. Eagles lose 30-24.
Week 10 (Sunday): Up 17-14 over Arizona at home with five minutes to go. Arizona's third-string quarterback last year (behind Derek Anderson and Max Hall) and its second-stringer this year, Fordham Ram John Skelton, drives the Cards 87 yards in 11 plays. On third-and-10 from the Eagle 38, rookie safety Jaiquawn Jarrett, making his first career start, is left alone in coverage on Larry Fitzgerald, and Skelton rainbows a pass to Fitzgerald to the one-yard line. The Cards score three plays later. Skelton throws for 166 yards in the fourth quarter. Eagles lose 21-17.
That, folks, is how to blow a season right there.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:53 pm

winner-within wrote:1. Tim Tebow came, he saw, he ran the Veer, he conquered. On a gorgeous 67-degree day in Kansas City with weather being no factor, the Denver Broncos completed two passes, never trailed and forged a three-way tie for second place in the mighty AFC West. Denver 17, Kansas City 10. Victories since Oct. 23: Tebow 3, Tom Brady/Michael Vick/Philip Rivers (combined) 2.

and as far as the Vick Led Eagles

Week 2: Up 31-21 at Atlanta with 14 minutes left. The Matt Ryan-led Falcons twice drive 80 yards to touchdowns. Eagles lose, 35-31.
Week 3: Up 16-14 over the Giants at home with 10 minutes left. Eli Manning takes the Giants on 54- and 56-yard touchdown drives. Philadelphia offense snoozes again. Eagles lose, 29-16.
Week 4: Up 23-17 over San Francisco at home with six minutes left. Alex Smith drives the 49ers 77 yards to a touchdown. Jeremy Maclin fumbles with the Eagles on the doorstep to win late. Eagles lose, 24-23.
Week 9: Up 24-20 over Chicago at home with 14 minutes left. Jay Cutler drives the Bears 51 yards to a touchdown and 54 yards to a field goal. Eagles lose 30-24.
Week 10 (Sunday): Up 17-14 over Arizona at home with five minutes to go. Arizona's third-string quarterback last year (behind Derek Anderson and Max Hall) and its second-stringer this year, Fordham Ram John Skelton, drives the Cards 87 yards in 11 plays. On third-and-10 from the Eagle 38, rookie safety Jaiquawn Jarrett, making his first career start, is left alone in coverage on Larry Fitzgerald, and Skelton rainbows a pass to Fitzgerald to the one-yard line. The Cards score three plays later. Skelton throws for 166 yards in the fourth quarter. Eagles lose 21-17.
That, folks, is how to blow a season right there.

First off, not sure anyone would call the AFC West mighty. And you can't blame the Eagles struggles on Vick. Couldn't really tell if you were or not, but the reason they aren't winning is all on the D. Offense can't score 40 every week. It'd also help if Desean Jackson didn't get suspended for missing a special teams meeting the day before the game.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:32 pm

I forgot to put (sorry, done it before) that this article was taken from SI....Its all factual....although Mighty might be slight sarcasm from the journalist....Vick is as much to blame as the D, IMO...why? because he isnt on top of his game and he is making dumb decisions at times.....the major thing missing for the Eagles is, continuity .....but getting back to Tebow.....He's over achieving, something even few of the expected aren't.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:33 am

95 yard Drive in the 4th with a couple minutes left....and Teebs runs for 57 oF them, thanbk you I picked them on all 3 pools...Sorry Coach Ryan, Hate to see you pout when you lose!!! :P ....
TT is 4-1... 8)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:55 am

I still haven't picked them, but I'm going to have to start. Each week I think they can't win again, but he always pulls it off. First time I got to see their game last night and I love the option offense they have set up for him. Exciting to watch with all the misdirection and reads going on. Wish the option offense was used in the NFL more, which is may in the next few years with the types of QBs coming out. You see Carolina running it a bit with Cam now, too. Heck, I wish you still saw it more in college. Love watching Georgia Tech and the triple option, too.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:57 pm

I pick Denver now and quit picking the Vikes.... hadn't I not picked the Vikes I would be 100-56 (tied for first) rather than 95-51... :) the Broncs are helping me slowly close the gap!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:17 am

Good article by Mel Kiper on Tebow. Basically says that the Broncos need to actually see if they have a QB they can build around. Since Tebow has been inserted as QB they've been running an offense that is bound to fail and in the mean time they are learning nothing about Tebow.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:01 am

Tebow has been finding ways to win games but let's face it he is terrible! If you watch a full game of his and not just the highlights, he misses wide open receivers and can't make throws that all other starting QBs in the league can. 2 for 8 isn't a real good stat line. They can't run the option stuff they have been running his entire career, this is the NFL. They need to run a normal offense and see if he can play QB in it if not they need to get rid of him.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:17 am

That's what I don't understand. Everyone says they can't run this offense in the NFL, but they are and its winning games. I know they aren't going to be able to run 55 times a games, they will have to pass more to keep defenses honest but I think the offense could work great if you sign/draft the right people to play in it. Give Tebow a full year of offseason and preseason training and his passing will improve. The lockout last year hurt him and then in the short preseason he didn't get much reps. If they name him #1 starter for next season and give him all the first team reps in the offseason, then we'll see if he can be a successful QB in the NFL next year.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:01 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:That's what I don't understand. Everyone says they can't run this offense in the NFL, but they are and its winning games. I know they aren't going to be able to run 55 times a games, they will have to pass more to keep defenses honest but I think the offense could work great if you sign/draft the right people to play in it. Give Tebow a full year of offseason and preseason training and his passing will improve. The lockout last year hurt him and then in the short preseason he didn't get much reps. If they name him #1 starter for next season and give him all the first team reps in the offseason, then we'll see if he can be a successful QB in the NFL next year.

Sample size.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:40 pm

I think you can be successful running the spread in the NFL. Look at how Denver has done so far. Now I know that its just new like when no one could stop the wildcat, but think about this, Denver has been successful with no weapons. Their running backs are not speed guys at all, nor are they even really that good(although McGahee has had a slight resurrgence). Think if you gave him a back like McCoy or Chris Johnson, and a slot guy like Percy Harvin (although Royal isn't terrible). Think about what could happen with those weapons.

Also, Tebow misses throws, but his receivers are straight up awful. They don't get open and there are plenty of throws that Tebow makes that they drop. And it hurts not having a deep threat. Deckert tries to be, but he's not really running by anyone.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:44 pm

So if everyone is buying into the get him weapons and give him a chance thing, then do Blaine Gabbert, Tavaris Jackson, and John Beck all the get the same opportunity? None of them have great weapons, (Jackson has Rice and Lynch but otherwise nothing)
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:59 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:So if everyone is buying into the get him weapons and give him a chance thing...)

I'm not.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:01 pm

Well I'm glad that someone sees reason. He was a great college QB but i don't think that teams should be changing their playbooks for him and building a franchise around him
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:53 am

No they should just trade him for who??? to build around....so the team that get TT can build around him...this sounds typical NFL talk.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:41 pm

Vince Young is going to replace Vick as the starter
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:37 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:So if everyone is buying into the get him weapons and give him a chance thing, then do Blaine Gabbert, Tavaris Jackson, and John Beck all the get the same opportunity? None of them have great weapons, (Jackson has Rice and Lynch but otherwise nothing)

Blaine Gabbert will get the same opportunity. He is a rookie and was their first round pick. Tavaris Jackson had weapons in Minnesota and was still no good. John Beck just doesn't deserve a chance. He wasn't highly picked and no one expects him to be any good.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:01 pm

ILoveBaseball21 wrote:Vince Young is going to replace Vick as the starter

I have always been a Fan of Young....Smoothest delivery in the League!!!....would be skeptical of Attitude though...
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Hot Topics