Top 2013 Baseball Players?

Top 2013 Baseball Players?

Postby packerbacker2013 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:32 pm

Who's the up and coming players in the class of 2013?
packerbacker2013
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Top 2013 Baseball Players?

Postby Ndbaseball999 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:00 am

South-Stephen Howlett, Aaron Green
Davies-Ryan Smith, Casey Quinlan, Brett Meers, Andrew Beyer
North-Issac Rerick, Seth Tollefson
Red River-Danny Palmacino, Dylan Dufault
Shanley-Lincoln Voss, Alex Widmer
Wahp-Tyler Grippentraug(Spelling?)

I know that minot has some good players.
Bismark has a really good first baseman/pitcher/and i think he plays outfield(but i dont know his name).
Not sure about the rest of the state.
Last edited by Ndbaseball999 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ndbaseball999
NDPreps Starter

Postby Catchmasterflex » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:30 pm

Don't forget about West Fargo's Corey Wolden
Catchmasterflex
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ndbaseball999 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:23 pm

Catchmasterflex wrote:Don't forget about West Fargo's Corey Wolden

Oh yah sorry forgot to throw him into the mix, yes corey wolden also! But what about Luke johnson too? i know he didnt play varsity this year, but had a pretty good legion year i hear. Does anyone know if he will be a varisty or jv player this year?
Ndbaseball999
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bamboozled » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:23 pm

kory wolden, luke johnson - wf
gunnar linstaedt - davies
caleb fornshell - minot
Bamboozled
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ndbaseball999 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:15 pm

Bamboozled wrote:kory wolden, luke johnson - wf
caleb fornshell - minot

Fornshell has been a solid player in the past, i know that there is also a 2013(he might be a 2012 though) player that goes to minot that is a LHP but i do not know his name, anyone have anything on these guys?
Ndbaseball999
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:06 am

Ndbaseball999 wrote:
Bamboozled wrote:kory wolden, luke johnson - wf
caleb fornshell - minot

Fornshell has been a solid player in the past, i know that there is also a 2013(he might be a 2012 though) player that goes to minot that is a LHP but i do not know his name, anyone have anything on these guys?

I believe your thinking of Austin Bernston. He's a 2012 guy, but is in the same legion age group as Fornshell. Even though he was Jr Legion age, he played for the Vistas this past summer.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby cheddar » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:33 pm

Quinlan, smith, linstaedt- davies
Howlett, green- south
voss, widmer- shanley
Wolden-WF
grippentraug- Wahp
Dufault- Red river
cheddar
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndakotasports94 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:29 pm

linstaed is not one of the top players in the region or state from the class of 2013. The others seem legit if Widmer hits like he did in the summer rather than last spring
ndakotasports94
NDPreps Starter

Postby cheddar » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Linsteadt was one of the top hitters for the bombers this summer so i would say he is. I agree with you on widmer, he struggled all of springball but hit well for the bombers.
cheddar
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndakotasports94 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:29 pm

Linsteadt struggled mightly with a wood bat and with defense.
ndakotasports94
NDPreps Starter

Postby packerbacker2013 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:56 pm

South- Ian McDonald, Cole Rokke
Davies- Justin Odney, Dane Poppe, Zander Mairs
North- Andrew "Sandy" Grieve
Shanley- Brad Conant
Grand Forks- Danny Palmiscno
West Fargo- Adam Schroeder
packerbacker2013
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ndbaseball999 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:02 pm

ndakotasports94 wrote:linstaed is not one of the top players in the region or state from the class of 2013. The others seem legit if Widmer hits like he did in the summer rather than last spring

agreed
Ndbaseball999
NDPreps Starter

Postby packerbacker2013 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:10 am

ndakotasports94 wrote:linstaed is not one of the top players in the region or state from the class of 2013. The others seem legit if Widmer hits like he did in the summer rather than last spring

I belive Linstaedt is one of the top 2013 prospects and the best 1B in the state. When he recently was invited to an mlb scouting event, scouts wrote that "Gunnar Linstaedt is a 2013 1B/RHP with a 6'2" 180 lb. frame from Fargo, North Dakota who attends Davies High School. Tall lean athletic build, looks the part. Pitches from an over the top arm slot, tall and fall delivery. Uses torso and creates whip with lanky arms. Arm is long in back, cut fastball, tight arm action. Fastball gets cut action at times, great use of corners, fields position well, has an idea of how to pitch. Fantasic 11-5 curve, quick bite, great control. At first uses the leather well, backhand digs, quick swipe tags, high quality footwork. Hits from a closed stance, strides closed, short load, low hand set with swaying motion. Leverage in swing, long in back, upper cut swing plane, creates bat speed and pop. Bat works, has great bat speed. Very good student. College Scouting Rank 8.5"
packerbacker2013
NDPreps Reserve

Postby packerbacker2013 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:15 am

What about Davies Bryton Buth and Norths Andrew Grieve, both potientally dominant lefties from the mound and the plate
packerbacker2013
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ndbaseball999 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:03 pm

packerbacker2013 wrote:What about Davies Bryton Buth and Norths Andrew Grieve, both potientally dominant lefties from the mound and the plate

If Buth could get stronger and work on command he could become and OK at best pitcher, but will never hit the varsity level. Grieve throws hard but has to much sand in extra areas, if he could work on command he could be a decent pitcher, and an ok hitter/fielder.
Ndbaseball999
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Sparta » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:39 pm

Ndbaseball999 wrote:
packerbacker2013 wrote:What about Davies Bryton Buth and Norths Andrew Grieve, both potientally dominant lefties from the mound and the plate

If Buth could get stronger and work on command he could become and OK at best pitcher, but will never hit the varsity level. Grieve throws hard but has to much sand in extra areas, if he could work on command he could be a decent pitcher, and an ok hitter/fielder.

Well Buth has extremely fast hands for a power lefty and i think he will have a break out varsity year, Grieve on the other hand needs to sand down and refine his tools so he can be a dominant varsity pitcher
Mr. Sparta
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndakotasports94 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Good one Sparta. Is it really necessary to make mention of these guys even?
ndakotasports94
NDPreps Starter

Postby Linebacker48 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:37 pm

packerbacker2013 wrote:

I belive Linstaedt is one of the top 2013 prospects and the best 1B in the state. When he recently was invited to an mlb scouting event, scouts wrote that "Gunnar Linstaedt is a 2013 1B/RHP with a 6'2" 180 lb. frame from Fargo, North Dakota who attends Davies High School. Tall lean athletic build, looks the part. Pitches from an over the top arm slot, tall and fall delivery. Uses torso and creates whip with lanky arms. Arm is long in back, cut fastball, tight arm action. Fastball gets cut action at times, great use of corners, fields position well, has an idea of how to pitch. Fantasic 11-5 curve, quick bite, great control. At first uses the leather well, backhand digs, quick swipe tags, high quality footwork. Hits from a closed stance, strides closed, short load, low hand set with swaying motion. Leverage in swing, long in back, upper cut swing plane, creates bat speed and pop. Bat works, has great bat speed. Very good student. College Scouting Rank 8.5"

How did this kids do during high school ball last spring? I don't remember hearing too much about him?
Linebacker48
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:46 pm

Linebacker48 wrote:
packerbacker2013 wrote:

How did this kids do during high school ball last spring? I don't remember hearing too much about him?

packerbacker2013's comment is quite the exaggeration.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby packerbacker2013 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:43 pm

ndakotasports94 wrote:Good one Sparta. Is it really necessary to make mention of these guys even?

ummm is it necessary to mention stephen howlett, lincoln voss, or seth tollefson......they are pretty terrible
packerbacker2013
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ndbaseball999 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:20 am

Linebacker48 wrote:
packerbacker2013 wrote:

i know he started firstbase for davies but i dont know how well he did, and that he played for the bombers and did pretty well. and to packer backers comment, stephen howlett is a great righty pitcher and will be at the top of the edc this year, same with voss; he can also hit and field his position. and seth tollefson is also a good SS/2nd baseman who can hit and pitch also.
Ndbaseball999
NDPreps Starter

Postby packerbacker2013 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:55 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Linebacker48 wrote:
packerbacker2013 wrote:

packerbacker2013's comment is quite the exaggeration.

ummm....its not a comment, its a quote. and i have inside sources who give me highly classified intell.....my sources are legit.
packerbacker2013
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mr. Sparta » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:03 pm

Ndbaseball999 wrote:i know he started firstbase for davies but i dont know how well he did, and that he played for the bombers and did pretty well. and to packer backers comment, stephen howlett is a great righty pitcher and will be at the top of the edc this year, same with voss; he can also hit and field his position. and seth tollefson is also a good SS/2nd baseman who can hit and pitch also.

have you seen howlett swing a bat, voss doesn't even know how to use correct form to lead off, and tollefson has only warning track power.
Mr. Sparta
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gunslinger13 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:32 pm

Howlett is going to get hit around at the varsity level, lets be honest. He has a 75-79mph fastball, a curve he cant throw for a strike and a nonexistant change up because its a bounce pass to home plate. If south is going to use him verse a Salentine, Steen, Mapes, Quinlan or Young they will be in for a world of hurt at the merry go around thats going to be going on. As for Voss he has proven himself in the past at the varsity level to be a good solid player who will only get better, and tollefson can contribute with a high average at the plate but i dont see much power.
LOVE ME SEXY:P
gunslinger13
NDPreps Starter

Return to Class A