Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:30 pm

Friday, November 11th
@ FargoDome

R1 #1 Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter (11-1) vs. R3 #1 North Star (11-1) @ 9:00 am
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 9-Man FINAL

Postby cardinal10 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:38 pm

I will be the first to pick North Star. They made me a believer today.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby panthercub » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:29 pm

I will take NS in another close one! Good luck to both teams at the dome!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:02 am

I will take NGS by 10. They have the full package this year with a good quarterback, a good runningback, a pretty solid recieving core and a good line. Their defense seems to have improven enough to where they can stop both the run and pass. If Northstar jumps on them early though it could be a totally different game. I think the east continues it's dominance though.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:59 am

defensewinsgames wrote: I think the east continues it's dominance though.

I know you are referring to regional alignment. However, it should be noted that Cando is actually further east than Napoleon so regardless of the result, it seems the dominance of the "east" will continue.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jenkman » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:05 am

North star by 12. hagler to grande will be to much
Jenkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:28 am

I was referring to regional alignments. If it comes down to a shoot-out I think NGS has the weapons to hang with them. It will probably come down to if Northstar can get pressure on the QB and once they get pressure on him if they can keep him from making the plays he has been making all year long. He is great at not only keeping plays alive but on making the defenders decide if they want to come and tackle him or stay in coverage.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:11 pm

Jenkman wrote:North star by 12. hagler to grande will be to much

Hagler/Grande < Bell/Illies/Vasquez

Something to think about. Cavalier gave up 102 points the first 10 games of the season and 66 to WL in the 11th. In 2 games vs Napoleon WL scored 20 points!

Napoleon needs to contain Hagler. DC was able to get pressure on Hagler, but he had the ability to get outside the pocket, extend the play and find open receivers.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby YMCMB » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:54 pm

I like Napolean in a very close one 22-20
YMCMB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AF PN » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:25 pm

One thing is for sure, this WILL be a good game. I am a Bearcat fan and I will pick them to win this game by 6.

-I don't know a whole lot about NGS, but, I know they have a rich football history there with success in the past.

-Northstar also has a good history of good football, 75% of the time having winning seasons and making the playoffs quite often. In years past they have gotten better each year, making the playoffs now for 3 years before this year, never getting past the 2nd round. This is the first time ever we have made it to the championship game.
-There is one thing different about this team however. They have some kids that absolutely REFUSE to give up, and HATE to lose. I know this isn't basketball, but this is the same group of kids who has 1 loss in the last 2 basketball seasons combined. In the past we have had a lot of teams that would have good skill positions and the line was questionable, and a few years we had some linemen but questionable in the skill positions.
This year they have it all, the lineman are physical and relentless and do not tire out. I myself was questionable going into the second round matchup against CM and then last week to DC. I was afraid that their lines would wear them down but they didn't at all. They play a great bend but don't break defense, with a defensive coordinator that we picked up this year that does not allow the kids to miss an assignment on defense, hence they don't give up very many big plays on defense. They make you sustain long drives to get a score. DC last week was expecting to be ahead the whole game and run the ball, but they were forced into some passing situations which was not their strength and went 4-8 with 1 int and 33 yards.
-And you can't say enough about Grande and Hagler, they WILL make plays no matter if you triple team or double team Grande. And when teams double and triple team Grande, they go to their other tight ends or 2 running backs that are both very good pass catchers.

-Northstar will win because even though NGS im sure has an awesome team with great kids, nobody will want to win as much as these kids from Northstar!
AF PN
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Got to go with the boys from the North - NS
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:05 pm

I'll say NGS by 14
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:42 pm

End of the road for Polaris....they don't grow em any tougher than Linton, Gackle, Streeter, Napoleon area
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby FrankTheTank » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:51 pm

winner-within wrote:End of the road for Polaris....they don't grow em any tougher than Linton, Gackle, Streeter, Napoleon area

Your credibility and knowledge on high school sports really makes us from the northeastern part of the state look bad!!

I think I speak for all of us in that area---ITS TIME TO PUMP THE BRAKES WINNER!!!
FrankTheTank
NDPreps Rookie

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:53 pm

I don't know much about Northstar but if they hope to stop NGS they better have good disciplined defensive lineman and some people who can be in coverage for an extended period of time. If the lineman fall for all of the pump fakes or break contain and let the QB get out of the pocket and extend plays, they are gonna get picked apart
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby panthercub » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:23 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:I don't know much about Northstar but if they hope to stop NGS they better have good disciplined defensive lineman and some people who can be in coverage for an extended period of time. If the lineman fall for all of the pump fakes or break contain and let the QB get out of the pocket and extend plays, they are gonna get picked apart

Sounds like what I would say about NGS wanting to stop NS! Should be a battle!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:57 am

Napoleon
W - Sargent Central 8 @ Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter 30
W - Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter 42 @ Lamoure-L-M 20
W - Strasburg-Zeeland 0 @ Napoleon 38
W - Richland 16 @ Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter 36
W - Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter 36 @ South Border 30 F/OT
W - Ellendale 12 @ Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter 48
W - Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter 33 @ Edgeley-Kulm 20
L - Hankinson 6 @ Napoleon-Gackle Streeter 0 F/OT
W - Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter 16 @ Wyndmere-Lidgerwood 6
W - Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter 48 vs. New Rockford-Sheyenne 18
W - North Border 18 @ Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter 42
W - Wyndmere-Lidgerwood 14 @ Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter 20

North Star
W - North Star 36 @ St. John 28
W - MLS 20 @ North Star 34
W - Four Winds 0 @ North Star 45
W - North Star @ Dunseith FORFEIT
W - North Star 50 @ Surrey 22
W - Tri County 6 @ North Star 56
W - Kenmare 0 @ North Star 56
W - North Star 52 @ TGU 18
L - North Star 16 @ Benson County 26
W - North Star 36 vs. Shiloh Christian 6
W - Central McLean 22 @ North Star 24
W - Divide County 28 @ North Star 32
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:22 am

FrankTheTank wrote:
winner-within wrote:End of the road for Polaris....they don't grow em any tougher than Linton, Gackle, Streeter, Napoleon area

Your credibility and knowledge on high school sports really makes us from the northeastern part of the state look bad!!

I think I speak for all of us in that area---ITS TIME TO PUMP THE BRAKES WINNER!!!

My evidence of High School sports and what I know about teaching them is right around the Corner.....and you dont pump brakes anymore we have antilock (ABS)

If your from the northeast...take your 2 post and run with it..... :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby CumminsPower » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:27 am

AF PN wrote:One thing is for sure, this WILL be a good game. I am a Bearcat fan and I will pick them to win this game by 6.

-I don't know a whole lot about NGS, but, I know they have a rich football history there with success in the past.

-Northstar also has a good history of good football, 75% of the time having winning seasons and making the playoffs quite often. In years past they have gotten better each year, making the playoffs now for 3 years before this year, never getting past the 2nd round. This is the first time ever we have made it to the championship game.
-There is one thing different about this team however. They have some kids that absolutely REFUSE to give up, and HATE to lose. I know this isn't basketball, but this is the same group of kids who has 1 loss in the last 2 basketball seasons combined. In the past we have had a lot of teams that would have good skill positions and the line was questionable, and a few years we had some linemen but questionable in the skill positions.
This year they have it all, the lineman are physical and relentless and do not tire out. I myself was questionable going into the second round matchup against CM and then last week to DC. I was afraid that their lines would wear them down but they didn't at all. They play a great bend but don't break defense, with a defensive coordinator that we picked up this year that does not allow the kids to miss an assignment on defense, hence they don't give up very many big plays on defense. They make you sustain long drives to get a score. DC last week was expecting to be ahead the whole game and run the ball, but they were forced into some passing situations which was not their strength and went 4-8 with 1 int and 33 yards.
-And you can't say enough about Grande and Hagler, they WILL make plays no matter if you triple team or double team Grande. And when teams double and triple team Grande, they go to their other tight ends or 2 running backs that are both very good pass catchers.

-Northstar will win because even though NGS im sure has an awesome team with great kids, nobody will want to win as much as these kids from Northstar!

I have to agree, the line for north star did not tire and never gave up which gave Hagler enough time to make the play and i anticipate the same for this week!
Hear the whistle, see the smoke you've been passed by a Powerstroke!
CumminsPower
NDPreps Reserve

Postby FrankTheTank » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:44 pm

winner-within wrote:
FrankTheTank wrote:

My evidence of High School sports and what I know about teaching them is right around the Corner.....and you dont pump brakes anymore we have antilock (ABS)

If your from the northeast...take your 2 post and run with it..... :wink:

Spoken like a true car salesmen..... :mrgreen:
FrankTheTank
NDPreps Rookie

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:17 pm

look at My Linton, Napolean post as if I'm showing respect and throwing a bone....if you think you know me so well, then you know My Dad's from there... :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Duckfan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Since they are playing in a dome, in exceptional passing conditions. I think that The Hagler to Grande connection will be tougher than ever, The only team I have heard of stopping them was Benson County on a windy night.
Duckfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:30 pm

Duckfan wrote:Since they are playing in a dome, in exceptional passing conditions. I think that The Hagler to Grande connection will be tougher than ever, The only team I have heard of stopping them was Benson County on a windy night.

2 things: 1) I think Napoleon is the better passing team 2) Napoleon found a way to stop WL's passing attack twice, which I think is better than North Star's.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:56 pm

It would be real cool, If NS won a Championship in Basketball and then 8 months later they win one in Football, it actually happens more than we think it does overall....it may even be in a different sequence, meaning win in the Fall and then 4 months later in the spring.....but if in fact NapGS comes out of the more intensified Region, 1 (which I would agree with, now that hindsight is 20/20 and my jets have cooled) then the buck stops here for Polaris......no disrespect, just speculation!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:03 pm

Nice observation. I don't think anyone has ever won the 9 man title and a class B basketball title in the same school year.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to 9 - Man