King James

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: King James

Postby winner-within » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:11 pm

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:they (the Heat) needed to win it in 4 or 5 otherwise the wiser and more experienced Team was going to win instead and thats just what happened.

If you acutally thought this why would you ever pick Heat in 7?

I said they needed to...(Hind sights 20/20)

I thought! (solely because of Pat Riley) the Heat would win at Home in 7.....cant say they shouldn't have, can you??
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:17 pm

winner-within wrote:
Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:they (the Heat) needed to win it in 4 or 5 otherwise the wiser and more experienced Team was going to win instead and thats just what happened.

If you acutally thought this why would you ever pick Heat in 7?

I said they needed to...(Hind sights 20/20)

I thought! (solely because of Pat Riley, well not solely, there were 2 other names with influence) the Heat would win at Home in 7.....cant say they shouldn't have, can you??
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:05 pm

winner-within wrote:I dont know if its SCARED vs Low Self Confidence, which in reality alot of Superstars with freak Talent posses and the general population doesn't realize, I saw it in Jordan, Shaq, KG, Tiger, A-Rod, Nadel at one time.

I'll give you A-Rod and Tiger (only after his life had been ruined). The rest I have never seen any of those issues. If you're talking about KG having low confidence in Boston, thats not the case. He just doesn't want to be a big scorer. He'd rather rebound, play D, and be a team leader like he has been for the Celtics. Thing was, in Minnesota he was just forced to score 25 a night because the team around him was terrible. I've never seen it in Jordan or Shaq.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:I dont know if its SCARED vs Low Self Confidence, which in reality alot of Superstars with freak Talent posses and the general population doesn't realize, I saw it in Jordan, Shaq, KG, Tiger, A-Rod, Nadel at one time.

I'll give you A-Rod and Tiger (only after his life had been ruined). The rest I have never seen any of those issues. If you're talking about KG having low confidence in Boston, thats not the case. He just doesn't want to be a big scorer. He'd rather rebound, play D, and be a team leader like he has been for the Celtics. Thing was, in Minnesota he was just forced to score 25 a night because the team around him was terrible. I've never seen it in Jordan or Shaq.

Tiger had never come from behind on Sunday to win a major in 14 of them, he managed to keep his lead most of the time and could get real scary off the T when under pressure, also his low self-confidence played a huge part in stepping out on his wife....Jordan rode his status well but it wasn't till Jackson came into the picture when he finally matured...Shaq showed it immensely on the free throw line....he was real good at dunking (hence the FG% record)....KG has (to me) shown it all along with his Swearing and Hiding from the Media.

Low Self Confident is the same as immature when it comes to Pro Sports, thats why when everything has gotten "lets go younger" you deal with more of it.
When I said " If the Mavericks win the Finals with an average age of the starting 5 at 32 plus, would be a major accomplishment" (which it was) I had forgot somewhat how immature the East Representation was....believe me it helped.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:44 pm

winner-within wrote:I sat back and thought when the last time I had watched a finals and the team with the best player didn't win, Shaq Maybe?....

2008 - Boston/LA
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:23 pm

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:I sat back and thought when the last time I had watched a finals and the team with the best player didn't win, Shaq Maybe?....

2008 - Boston/LA

Kobe yes...thank you
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:54 pm

winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

Tiger had never come from behind on Sunday to win a major in 14 of them, he managed to keep his lead most of the time and could get real scary off the T when under pressure, also his low self-confidence played a huge part in stepping out on his wife....Jordan rode his status well but it wasn't till Jackson came into the picture when he finally matured...Shaq showed it immensely on the free throw line....he was real good at dunking (hence the FG% record)....KG has (to me) shown it all along with his Swearing and Hiding from the Media.

Low Self Confident is the same as immature when it comes to Pro Sports, thats why when everything has gotten "lets go younger" you deal with more of it.
When I said " If the Mavericks win the Finals with an average age of the starting 5 at 32 plus, would be a major accomplishment" (which it was) I had forgot somewhat how immature the East Representation was....believe me it helped.
KG doesn't swear because he has low self confidence, he does it because he likes to talk trash and he is just someone who swears. Shaq's free throw shooting doesn't count. That's just him not being able to shoot a basketball. He doesn't make 15 foot jumpers either. It's just because he can't shoot a basketball. And I'm not even going to start arguing with you about Jordan.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:35 pm

True Self Confidence is hard to come by....it has to be instilled by someone who loves you and respects you then it grows.
Talent can take you to be the best player on the floor but true self confidence is being able to shoot an apple off your friends head at 30 yards with a bow and arrow.
Believe me Jordan lacked it at one time, like when the pistons beat him three straight years in the playoffs and when he retired to play baseball and when he repeatedly cheated on Juanita.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby benelli1 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:45 am

I don't think that stepping out on your wife is a sign of low self confidence. It's just a bad decision.
benelli1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:02 pm

benelli1 wrote:I don't think that stepping out on your wife is a sign of low self confidence. It's just a bad decision.

"IT" totally coincides, "IT" blends with denial and False Confidence and "IT(Low self confidence)" really clings hard to BIG EGO! why? because your riding on your Celebrity/Social status along with your $$$$ and your not in touch with the real you.
wanna be Gambler's (and we know Jordan was one) are notorious for Low self confidence.

People are forgetting that Jordan won rings because of John Paxon's shooting, because of Steve Kerr and Tony Kucuc's shooting... Magic won because of Byron Scott and Kareem and Worthy....Bird won because of Dennis Scott and Chief and McHale.
It is very common for the superstar to fall into the shadows, or become the decoy in the Finals and some under ranking teammate takes over....self confidence can lie in the wings and is alot of times trapped inside the co-pilot just waiting to come to surface....this can be the case in life in general...or sports.
My attraction to sports (even Pro Sports) is just this....I'm rooting for a certain team and then in turn realize why the other one Won and am Happy for them.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:25 pm

On Tuesday, James backed down from those statements and said they were misinterpreted.

"Basically I was saying at the end of the day this season is over and -- with all hatred -- everyone else has to move on with their lives, good or bad. I do too," James said.

"It wasn't saying I'm superior or better than anyone else, any man or woman on this planet, I'm not. I would never every look at myself bigger than anyone who watched our game. It may have come off wrong but that wasn't my intent."

Speaking after the Heat went through their exit interviews with coaches and management, James also said he felt he let his teammates down in the Finals. He averaged just 17.8 points per game in the series and played passively at times in the 4-2 series loss.

Taken from SI.com

This is actually how I took it, I don't know why everybody made a big deal out of it.

I do though remember His Girlfriend and mother of his children not wanting to leave Cleavland...she had said that South Beach was a good place to vacation but loved living in Cleavland....I think its more immature and more ignorant of Gilbert and the Governor to be pulling for Dallas and to be dissing Lebron....I think they will regret it someday....one of my favorite lines is "it all comes back around in the wash".
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:23 pm

winner-within wrote:People are forgetting that Jordan won rings because of John Paxon's shooting, because of Steve Kerr and Tony Kucuc's shooting... Magic won because of Byron Scott and Kareem and Worthy....Bird won because of Dennis Scott and Chief and McHale.
It is very common for the superstar to fall into the shadows, or become the decoy in the Finals and some under ranking teammate takes over

Well apparently this wan't the case too much with Jordan seeing is how all 6 times his team won the title, he was finals MVP. He owned the finals and thats where his mark was made more so than in ther regular season or even earlier in the playoffs. He averaged 33.5 per game in the finals for his career. That number astounds me.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:37 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:People are forgetting that Jordan won rings because of John Paxon's shooting, because of Steve Kerr and Tony Kucuc's shooting... Magic won because of Byron Scott and Kareem and Worthy....Bird won because of Dennis Scott and Chief and McHale.
It is very common for the superstar to fall into the shadows, or become the decoy in the Finals and some under ranking teammate takes over

Well apparently this wan't the case too much with Jordan seeing is how all 6 times his team won the title, he was finals MVP. He owned the finals and thats where his mark was made more so than in ther regular season or even earlier in the playoffs. He averaged 33.5 per game in the finals for his career. That number astounds me.

I watched every game of all 6...Did he sweep all 6? He won, he lost, he scored, he didn't, he shot, he passed he traveled, he turned the ball over...I mean he is human after all.....and the Bulls won the Championship...

Jordan's average is awesome, although they scored alot more points back then as a team...It was his passion that amazed me but he didn't do it alone.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:44 pm

winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

I watched every game of all 6...Did he sweep all 6? He won, he lost, he scored, he didn't, he shot, he passed he traveled, he turned the ball over...I mean he is human after all.....and the Bulls won the Championship...

Jordan's average is awesome, although they scored alot more points back then as a team...It was his passion that amazed me but he didn't do it alone.

Well I know that he had help around him with Pippen and the others, but the point I am making is that he always stepped up huge and owned the finals and made is name there.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:50 pm

Jordan like I said before was and will always be my favorite to watch Play the game...Lebron does things that amaze me too, somewhat in the same way, so I find myself tuning in...
He is the biggest reason they made the Finals knocking off the #1 seed Bulls, I saw Passion and desire and will...(like Jordan possessed) as he made sure D-Rose knew who was Boss....Maybe we don't know all the details of his demeanor and thought process like the media thinks they do...maybe he was Humbling himself as the Final Series went forward and decided inside to let the boys who had paved the road before him actually take it from him...Who Knows....its kinda like holding the door for an elder, It makes YOU feel good....Or if the Mavs actually slamed the door in his face, he still has to respect them.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Deuces24 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:00 pm

Lebron James doesn't have the killer instinct to be the best player in the world. Jordan had the killer instinct. Kobe has that same killer instinct. You just don't see that killer instinct in Lebron. If the game is coming down to the final seconds, its almost like Lebron is scared to take the last shot. He would rather have D-wade shoot it. Kobe and MJ would always have the ball in their hands for the final shot.
Deuces24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:57 pm

Deuces24 wrote:Lebron James doesn't have the killer instinct to be the best player in the world. Jordan had the killer instinct. Kobe has that same killer instinct. You just don't see that killer instinct in Lebron. If the game is coming down to the final seconds, its almost like Lebron is scared to take the last shot. He would rather have D-wade shoot it. Kobe and MJ would always have the ball in their hands for the final shot.

He has d-wade shoot it because its d-wades team....in the next 2-3 years of the NBA you will see whos boss and it wont be durant or rose.....I agree with you though lebron could use a little "eye of the tiger" IMHO i think he was to spoiled by MOM
Jordan was raised in a blue collar environment where his dad was the man of the house and that was that......Kobe had a strict father also and was challenged by him.
I just never got into Kobe (to obvious, in regards to LOOK at ME)....excellent work ethic....but not as (and this will sound odd) natural as Lebron, MJ, durant,rose,magic....imo the best five ever, in regards to take away the ball lock them in a cage and then 3 years later hand them the ball and put them back on the court.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:16 am

Its Lebrons team now!..... :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things