Top 4 teams from East and West

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Top 4 teams from East and West

Postby theZfactor » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:49 am

Who do you think the top 4 are gonna be from each side?
theZfactor
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Top 4 teams from East and West

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:52 am

WDA
Mandan
Bismarck
Minot
Century

EDC
GF Red River
Fargo Davies
Fargo Shanley
Fargo South?
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Shaw1 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:31 pm

WDA
Mandan
Bismarck
Minot
Century/Jamestown

EDC
Davies
GF RR
Shanley
?
Shaw1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby demons12345 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:49 pm

It's going to be a dog fight between Mandan and Bismarck. I don't think you can say one team is better than the other. BHS might win at the CC, and Mandan will beat them at home, but when it comes to the games that matter in March who knows.
demons12345
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:11 pm

By the matchups.

1. Schirado - Collins - I give Collins the edge.
2. Fitterer - Coyle - I give Coyle the edge.
3. Jolliffe - Westby - I think this is fairly even.
4. ???????? - Janz - I give Janz the edge.
5. Werner - Watson - I give Werner the edge.

Mandan definitely has the advantage of experience, and is probably deeper on the bench.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby demons12345 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:18 pm

balla45 wrote:By the matchups.

1. Schirado - Collins - I give Collins the edge.
2. Fitterer - Coyle - I give Coyle the edge.
3. Jolliffe - Westby - I think this is fairly even.
4. ???????? - Janz - I give Janz the edge.
5. Werner - Watson - I give Werner the edge.

Mandan definitely has the advantage of experience, and is probably deeper on the bench.

I don't know about Collins having an edge. I'd say that's even. Otherwise yeah it's a pretty fair evaluation. If Fitterer and Schirado are on, their tough to stop going inside out. I don't know how much Janz can score with his back to the basket, tremendous rebounder and slasher though, if Coyle is doing what he typically does its fun to watch and extremely tough to stop. And i don't know about the experience part. Werner is a 3 year starter, fitterer and Schirado will be 2 year starters. I don't think experience will play a huge factor either way.
demons12345
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 pm

Just based off of last year, Collins shot better from everywhere, scored more, and had more rebounds.

I do agree that Jaxon and Devin can definitely fill it up from 3. Jaxon had a stretch last season where he struggled, and Devin seemed to be the type where he would be very on or very off, so consistency will be key.

I do not think Janz can score much with his back to the basket, but I agree with your analysis. Great athlete, and I think he'll be a 12-14 point 8-10 rebound guy this season.

As for experience, Collins, Coyle, Westby, and Janz have all been seeing regular minutes for the past 3 seasons, but the bench is more experienced, with Watson, Marcellais, Fitzsimmons, and Kautzman seeing regular minutes, as Mandan only lost Zinke, while Bismarck lost an all stater in Liggins and 2 other regulars, so Bismarck will need to establish a few new scorers, while Mandan pretty much has their roles defined.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby T$$ » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:05 am

Mandan and Bismarck are sooo much better than everyone, but I think Mandan is the better than BHS. I compare them by ranking As follows....... Coyle and Werner-tie. Janz, Collins, and Westby are better than Schirado, Fitterer, and Jolliffe. Mandans bench is deeper at the moment. Bismarck will need to develop someone (Clairmont, Unruh, Taylor Schafer) to beat Mandan. Bismarck can't match Mandans guards and Dexter can't do anything if he can't get the ball
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby demons12345 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:52 am

T$$ wrote:Mandan and Bismarck are sooo much better than everyone, but I think Mandan is the better than BHS. I compare them by ranking As follows....... Coyle and Werner-tie. Janz, Collins, and Westby are better than Schirado, Fitterer, and Jolliffe. Mandans bench is deeper at the moment. Bismarck will need to develop someone (Clairmont, Unruh, Taylor Schafer) to beat Mandan. Bismarck can't match Mandans guards and Dexter can't do anything if he can't get the ball

I think BHS will be fine with Mandans gaurds, except Coyle (everyone will struggle against him). I know Collins is a good player but i think they can match up with him. The bench depth is suspect for BHS, but looking at the past, they will find players to step up and fill roles as needed. It's going to come down to who's making shots that day since neither team has a distinct advantage. I mean when these teams play dickinson, willy, etc. they can struggle shooting and with TO's and will still probably win by 20.
demons12345
NDPreps Reserve

Postby T$$ » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:11 pm

The more I think about the upcoming season I see Mandan winning, possibly even going undefeated. Bismarckn is the only team that can beat them.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:40 am

WDA

Mandan
Bismarck
Jamestown
Century

Minot will miss the play off because they will have no true inside present w/o Adams

EDC

GFRR
Davies
Shanley
Wahp
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mr.Right » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:22 pm

theZfactor wrote:Who do you think the top 4 are gonna be from each side?

East
1. RR
2.Davies
3.Shanley
4.Devils Lake

West
1.Mandan
2.Bismark High
3.Jamestown
4.St. Marys
Mr.Right
NDPreps Rookie

Postby braves84 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:50 pm

is it true that adams won't be playing this year?
braves84
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:20 am

braves84 wrote:is it true that adams won't be playing this year?

This is correct, he's not playing
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby Linebacker48 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:29 pm

I would expect Wahpeton to be competitive in the East I believe they were Junior dominated last year, similar situation to Davies where they bring pretty much everybody back. I expect Red River, Davies, and Shanley to be tough in the East. I don't know what South, West, and North bring back will they be competitive?
Linebacker48
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:20 pm

My new thoughts after the season has started to get underway.

1. Mandan
2. Bismarck
3. Saint Mary's
4. Minot or Century

1. Red River
2. West Fargo
3. Fargo Shanley
4. Wahpeton

1. Mandan
2. Bismarck
3. Red River
4. Saint Mary's
5. West Fargo
6. Century or Minot
7. Fargo Shanley
8. Wahpeton

Just missing out on my list was Fargo Davies, who I think has a very good chance to make a run at the state tournament.

Quite possible that my opinion will change in the future, but this is how I think the state breaks down right now. I have watched all of these teams play, other than West Fargo.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby T$$ » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:13 am

Baller45. I agree with you except for Jamestown ( too low) and St. Mary's ( too high). Jamestown has to have talent in beating Mandan. I look at this as follows. 1. Mandan will not loose another game to anyone but BHS ( the big question is who wins the game that counts as they will play 4 times. 2. St. Mary's will not beat Mandan or BHS this year. I don't know enough about the east, so I won't comment.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:40 am

Saint Mary's took BHS to the wire with Brad Obritsch scoring 6 points and Trent Bohan shooting 4-12. I feel that Jamestown's win against Mandan was an anomaly, as we see that only Fischer is averaging double figures for that team. Willer played extremely well, while Janz, Westby, and Watson played well below their skills. Jamestown goes as Fischer goes, and at this point, against quality teams, Fischer has only played well against Mandan.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:57 am

The thing I saw with Jamestown this year is they rely too much on Fisher. When they played against Minot, Fisher had two crazy 3pt shots that I would bet he couldn't make them again. Other then this, they limited any clear shots from him. Put pressure on him and don't let the rest of the team shot 3s. Jamestown is a good team but they have to share the ball with other team members and not rely on Fisher to win the game for them for them to make a run for the state. Here's their stats and you will see what I mean

Danny Fisher 16, Tyler Krenz 7, Nathan Willer 5, Dyllan Anderson 5, Jordan Thoreson 5, Cody Benson 3, Jacob Nieland 2, Alex McInnes 2, Brandon Wegner 1. Totals: 13 15-25 46.

Come on Jamestown don't let me down, I want to see you go to state.
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby babyjames6 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:43 pm

Honestly Jamestown without Fischer would be a train wreck.....To many individuals on the team, and fischer might be an individual but he shoots when he is open and doesnt miss to often, and he smart with the ball....Anderson on the on the other hand is not what he looked like in the off season, he is taking dumb shots and trying to prove he is good, which i thought he was until now, but its just the start we have plenty more games to go.

As far as Mandan, they wont lose to Jamestown again, they play great at home and even better at WDA.
babyjames6
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:38 am

Saw RR last night against Minot. Impressive, they moved the ball very well, shot the lights out, and up and down on the floor fast. The only thing that stopped RR was themselves. I think they missed a lay up in the first half, they didn't miss much. IMO Minot should have guarded the 3pt line and let RR try and make lay ups (lol). RR is a very good team. Good luck in the season

Minot..., play the last 5 minutes of the game. When Minot plays you wonder which team will show up to play. They played the way they played against GFC until the last 5 minutes of the game, then they played like they can, as a team. I love my Magi but they got to start playing as a team the whole game.

Grand Forks Red River 67, Minot High 53

GFRR: Mack Arvidson 22, Ricky Farroh 16, John Hoplin 9, Matt Anderson 8, Mac Kroeplin 7, Tyler Burris 4, Jakoby Ripplinger 1. Totals: 24 10-14 67.

M: Brandon VanDusen 17, Austin Frank 11, Kelvin Mackey 10, Colter Hustad 10, Brock Krueger 2, Marcus Quist 2, Brian Bloms 1. Totals: 17 15-20 53.

Halftime score: GFRR 40, M 20; 3-pointers: GFRR 7 (Arvidson 3, Anderson 2, Kroeplin, Hoplin), M 4 (Frank 3, VanDusen); Rebounds: GFRR 35 (Hoplin 8), M 37 (Mackey 8); Assists: GFRR 20 (Kroeplin 12), M 14 (Gerding 5); Blocks: None; Steals: GFRR 7, M 7 (Krueger 3); Turnovers: GFRR 10, M 12; Totals fouls: GFRR 16, M 14. Fouled out: None.
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sno600Pro » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:23 pm

EDC
Red River
South
Wahpeton
West Fargo
Sno600Pro
NDPreps Rookie