Who is the best runningback in AAA

The teams in Class AAA

Re: Who is the best runningback in AAA

Postby rz84 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:56 pm

there is a lot of talk about runningbacks. any say on some good fullbacks?
rz84
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDsports98 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:53 pm

Kraft has been injured this year and I believe sat out a full game so he has sat out some. And looking at the whole picture why wouldn't you sit out Johs against Davies? Mandan has done the same with Coyle. Both teams rested there somewhat injured studs in games they fully thought they'd win so that their studs would be ready for the semifinal game that will be a much harder game in which they need all their play makers at full strength, this has been done many times before and is definitely the smart decision.
NDsports98
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rz84 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:12 pm

i heard coyle didnt have the doctors go ahead for the dickinson game and he got it the friday night right before the playoffs
rz84
NDPreps Reserve

Postby go maji » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:03 pm

rz84 wrote:there is a lot of talk about runningbacks. any say on some good fullbacks?

Fullbacks, most people agree with this that it has to be Kolton Larson from Minot. He is a good blocker and averages over 9 yards/carry
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby sendthempackin » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:34 am

As far as i have seen kraft has not sat out any games. he is better than johs in my opinion, not by much but he is better. i think westby should not even be included in the discussion. just johs and kraft because they are the guys who put up real numbers and stats. sure if your coaches dont want you to play then you dont, but im sure he told somebody about his "back spasms"
sendthempackin
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:15 pm

Westby 172 carries for 1154 yards and 17 touchdowns

I guess those aren't real numbers and stats? I think that puts him in second behind Johs.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:02 pm

I did not know Seth Westby was putting up fake numbers and stats.

I do agree with you that Layne told his coaching staff about his back. It would seem stupid to say nothing, would you not agree?

I do not think Kraft is better than Johs or Westby. Against which team has Kraft performed better than Johs or Westby?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby SportsBro17 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:38 pm

I am a BHS fan and know kids in the program and talk to some coaches and I was told it was Layne's hip, not his back, the paper reported it wrong. And I was also told it was actually found out because Layne had been walking with a limp, so I mean if you have to limp it's hard for people not to notice. He's a tough kid and I'm sure he still wanted to play even against Davies.
SportsBro17
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bighouse » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:13 am

If a running back gets banged up and his coaches make him sit out doesn't make him less of a back and if other backs haven't missed a game well then they have not been hurt that bad yet. There isn't a coach out there that would let a injured player play.
bighouse
NDPreps Starter

Postby rz84 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:27 pm

bighouse i disagree with your last statement
rz84
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:39 pm

injured = out

hurt= do what you can with the pain
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:11 pm

Mark Gibson says you don't play = you don't play.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby bighouse » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:06 am

i agree if a coach tells you your not playing your not playing its his team he says what goes. If a player thinks he can't benifit a team by being on the field injured than he shouldn't play.
bighouse
NDPreps Starter

Postby sendthempackin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:35 am

Wild Wolves wrote:injured = out

i completely agree with this. was johs just being soft? could he actually play? it seems like to me kraft is never soft and neither is saintal so i think end of discussion. we know whose the best in AAA.
sendthempackin
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:36 am

sendthempackin wrote:
Wild Wolves wrote:injured = out

i completely agree with this. was johs just being soft? could he actually play? it seems like to me kraft is never soft and neither is saintal so i think end of discussion. we know whose the best in AAA.

well why play an injured back (not 100%) against a team that their JV could have beaten?
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby sendthempackin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:39 am

because its varsity football. and knowing bhs's style they like to run up the score and get their stats high by keeping star players in til the 4th quarter. as far as im concerned, anybody could get that many yards that johs had... if they played the whole game
sendthempackin
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:49 am

alright well just looked this up:

Peter Saintel (North) - 188 carries for 1,188 yards and 4 TDs (his teammate Giffey had 10 TDs but half as many yards: 553 yards)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby sendthempackin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:51 am

ok my point exactly. hes good. so is kraft - 152-934, thats over 6 yards a carry plus he hasnt even played 4 quarters in most games.
sendthempackin
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SportsBro17 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:06 pm

sendthempackin wrote:because its varsity football. and knowing bhs's style they like to run up the score and get their stats high by keeping star players in til the 4th quarter. as far as im concerned, anybody could get that many yards that johs had... if they played the whole game

Obviously you are not a fan of Johs or BHS. But at least speak truth. BHS has had their starters in more than 3 quarters in 2 games all year, century and mandan. Johs is the first starter pulled almost always, example Jamestown Johs had 6 for 66 and was taken out mid 2nd. The starting line was taken out mid 3rd. Johs' stats are not ran up against bad teams. Your statement is completely false.
SportsBro17
NDPreps Rookie

Postby oldcoach2 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:40 pm

sendthempackin wrote:
because its varsity football. and knowing bhs's style they like to run up the score and get their stats high by keeping star players in til the 4th quarter. as far as im concerned, anybody could get that many yards that johs had... if they played the whole game

Sendthempackin is totally right BHS does keep their starters in way too long in given games. This year it could hurt them going into the game with Mandan. BHS is banged up and young... that game expirence in the regular season would help the kids that need to step up to help the team continue to the title game. BHS has a ton of kids that could help them but the coaching staff tends to disregard those kids for some reason.
oldcoach2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sendthempackin » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:34 am

my point exactly oldcoach. i think century would like to play bhs is the state game, but if they had to settle for mandan then they would. but the real question is who is the best runningback??
sendthempackin
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:39 am

To answer your question, Layne Johs.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby demons12345 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:38 pm

To say that BHS keeps their studs in is ridiculous. When Thorton and Miller played, they were out by halftime in most games. Last year Mann was out by ther 3rd quarter in games they were ahead. Congrats to Century, but their going to have to play better next week to win state.
demons12345
NDPreps Reserve

Postby demons12345 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:41 pm

oldcoach2 wrote:sendthempackin wrote:

Sendthempackin is totally right BHS does keep their starters in way too long in given games. This year it could hurt them going into the game with Mandan. BHS is banged up and young... that game expirence in the regular season would help the kids that need to step up to help the team continue to the title game. BHS has a ton of kids that could help them but the coaching staff tends to disregard those kids for some reason.

You must not like BHS at all. If their coaching staff disregards kids that could help them, can you explain them being in the past 4 state championships, winning 2 of those? Give me one example of who they disregard?
demons12345
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Johs hands down, there shouldn't even be a debate there! I think the real question is who is the second best back in the state and Westby is really making it look like it isn't even a contest. Honestly from what I saw Minots best player isn't even a running back its their QB, it looked like when he stepped up he threw the ball strong and prevented a lot of sacks by moving and getting rid of the ball. Too bad his line couldn't give him a little more time.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to AAA