West and East all region players? your all state pics?

The teams in Class AA.

West and East all region players? your all state pics?

Postby sportsfan24 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:04 pm

what are any of your guys thoughts on all region for east and west and also all state pics?
sportsfan24
NDPreps Reserve

Re: West and East all region players? your all state pics?

Postby sportsfan24 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:07 pm

allstate lineme im gussing is going to be between plankers from kindred and shroeder (not sure on spelling) from carrington. would alsmost have to go with shroeder because ive watched plankers play and seen he likes to take quite a few plays off but when he does go hard he can do some damage. shroeder seems to take his plays off every now and then but he seems to work a little bit harder.. also i heard something about number 74 from st marys i beleive? any word on him?
sportsfan24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:33 pm

sportsfan24 wrote:allstate lineme im gussing is going to be between plankers from kindred and shroeder (not sure on spelling) from carrington. would alsmost have to go with shroeder because ive watched plankers play and seen he likes to take quite a few plays off but when he does go hard he can do some damage. shroeder seems to take his plays off every now and then but he seems to work a little bit harder.. also i heard something about number 74 from st marys i beleive? any word on him?

That would be Alex Herald. He is very good and I would be willing to bet he's probably all state even though he missed the first 3 games with a knee injury. #74, I think his name is Berg, from Shanley is also a very good play. He is huge and causes problems inside defensively.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby nodak football » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:32 am

Indy5 wrote:
sportsfan24 wrote:allstate lineme im gussing is going to be between plankers from kindred and shroeder (not sure on spelling) from carrington. would alsmost have to go with shroeder because ive watched plankers play and seen he likes to take quite a few plays off but when he does go hard he can do some damage. shroeder seems to take his plays off every now and then but he seems to work a little bit harder.. also i heard something about number 74 from st marys i beleive? any word on him?

That would be Alex Herald. He is very good and I would be willing to bet he's probably all state even though he missed the first 3 games with a knee injury. #74, I think his name is Berg, from Shanley is also a very good play. He is huge and causes problems inside defensively.

Alex herold is an obvious pick for me from st. Marys also berg from shanley first name I think Josh berg is another obvious pick for me plankers I think is better than shroeder (spelling???) (but, yes if you take plays off your not that great because the play you take off is the play the guy across from you goes all out and hits your QB harder than you've ever seen him get hit before) carrington has a couple other good ones Ryan has Kramer he has some size I saw it said he was 275 pounds in a program... Not sure if he's actually that big though. Still a talented lineman Who does grafter have for lineman? What about wahpeton? Oh and I almost forget to mention mike Berger from st marys not that big but no one beats him up and he goes 110 % every play and he is tough.
NDSU 1995
nodak football
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsfan24 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:46 pm

i saw a carrington game agaisnt bottinue. very good game. looked like carrington has a team more so than individual players. i know i saw shroeder, miller was a good one on defense, skytland seemed to be a good corner that read a few plays. any other big ones im missiing?
sportsfan24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsfan24 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:47 pm

lets hear some of your allstate picks for offensive and deffensive?
sportsfan24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SBd » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:00 pm

I think with the season grafton is having and all of the talent they have they should have an abundance of all state players but that probably wont happen. Jaime Villareal (junior 235lbs)is the one of their offensive and defensive line leaders. He is having a great season and should be in the conversation for one of the top lineman in the state. Another leader is Zack Peterson (junior 210) End/Tackle is also have a great season. Graftons whole recieving core, which is led by Jiskra are also having a great year. Jiskra has put up solid numbers with only playing until about halftime in most of the games. ( which has been the case with most of grafton players). He has something like 8 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. Hansen at quarterback has something like 25-30 total touchdowns and only 2 interceptions thrown. Some defensive leaders are Zach Burns and Jeremy talemantes who plug up the middle.
I have been to everyone of Graftons games and some players from other teams that have impressed me have been Medhaug from Whapeton and also some of their lineman. (names?) Martino from Shanley and their running back I think his name is Rivard. I dont really know much about the teams out west.
SBd
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nodak football » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:31 pm

i think preston tescher deserves to be an all stater. He had a good year. If herold doesn't go down early in the season i think they would have been up there in the west. preston had to do a lot of work with not much help this year and if i were a voter on this topic i would vote for preston tescher :!: :!: :!:
NDSU 1995
nodak football
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsfan24 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:00 pm

tescher i beleive should not make it. got talent but also is a very dirty player from what ive seen. never seen a kid that was such a dirty and cheap player. not cool to see people with some talent but has pathetic sportsmanship. so tescher is a definent no in my book
sportsfan24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nodak football » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:08 pm

sportsfan24 wrote:tescher i beleive should not make it. got talent but also is a very dirty player from what ive seen. never seen a kid that was such a dirty and cheap player. not cool to see people with some talent but has pathetic sportsmanship. so tescher is a definent no in my book

how exactly is he dirty? He plays hard and through the whistle thats for sure. and he lays the lumber in my opinion. i don't know if thats what your saying is dirty? ... back to my question, why is he dirty?
NDSU 1995
nodak football
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basketball9 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:26 pm

i've also heard from players on more than one team that tescher is cheap. fans and officials don't see, hear, and feel everything that the players themselves do while they are on the field so it's tough for anyone off the field to get a good grip as to what's going on out there but when you hear similar things from multiple sources it's a pretty safe bet that it's mainly true
basketball9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsfan24 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:49 pm

thank you basetball9. but i will disagree with you on that the fans dont see him. if you would just replay one of his games and just keep your eye on him while the play is going on and also after the play. little stuff like after he takles and when he gets up quick he will give a quick yank on his facemask. also when receivers try to catch a pass he will give them cheap shot to the ribs or stomach with a punch. if youve ever notice if a player from opposite team gets in his face or has an arguement it is usually with that cheap a$$ player.
sportsfan24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby footballislife14 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:02 pm

When do the all region teams get announced?
footballislife14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Either State week or after State.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Indy5 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:35 pm

nodak football wrote: Ryan has Kramer he has some size I saw it said he was 275 pounds in a program... Not sure if he's actually that big though. Still a talented lineman

Trust me, he's a solid 275. Was 290 over the summer, but lost a little weight. The thing so impressive about him is his athleticism at that size. He's not slow by any means. They played him at linebacker against Bottineau and he did well. He can touch the rim of a basketball hoop being maybe 6 foot. That's some athleticism for a kid that big. He's a strong kid too, not just a big one. I definitely think he should be all state. Never saw him really get beat all year. And caused A LOT of problems in teams backfields at the nose.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:39 pm

nodak football wrote:
sportsfan24 wrote:tescher i beleive should not make it. got talent but also is a very dirty player from what ive seen. never seen a kid that was such a dirty and cheap player. not cool to see people with some talent but has pathetic sportsmanship. so tescher is a definent no in my book

how exactly is he dirty? He plays hard and through the whistle thats for sure. and he lays the lumber in my opinion. i don't know if thats what your saying is dirty? ... back to my question, why is he dirty?

Well I saw him pick up two personal fouls against Bottineau. I think two, I know one for sure. I'm pretty sure it was on Bottineau's first two point conversion that this happen, but McCloud runs into the endzone and he's a good 10 yards in the endzone and even out of bounds too and slowing to a stop. Then, Tescher comes and blindsides him. Extremely dirty play. I've heard people that played against him in basketball say he's really dirty too. I'm not saying he isn't a good player, he is. He does lay some wood too, but he is just a dirty player.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison football73 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:58 pm

Indy5 wrote:
nodak football wrote:

Well I saw him pick up two personal fouls against Bottineau. I think two, I know one for sure. I'm pretty sure it was on Bottineau's first two point conversion that this happen, but McCloud runs into the endzone and he's a good 10 yards in the endzone and even out of bounds too and slowing to a stop. Then, Tescher comes and blindsides him. Extremely dirty play. I've heard people that played against him in basketball say he's really dirty too. I'm not saying he isn't a good player, he is. He does lay some wood too, but he is just a dirty player.

all of this may be true but what do voters look at? stats, stats, and more stats. do u actually think a voter watches tape on the player?
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:00 pm

bison football73 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
nodak football wrote:

all of this may be true but what do voters look at? stats, stats, and more stats. do u actually think a voter watches tape on the player?

I'm not talking about him not being all state because of it. I'm simply replying to the guy who said he wanted to know how he is dirty.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:44 pm

CLASS AA WEST REGION HONORS

Senior athlete of the year: Preston Tescher, St. Mary's.

Coach of the year: Marty Hochhalter, Carrington.

All-West Region
Carrington: Cordell Schroeder, Casey Murphy, Cole Hendrickson, Tyson Rosenau, Julio Ybarra, Taylor Skytland, Austin Schuldheisz, Alex Nelson

Bottineau: Justin McCloud, Harrison Aide, Wyatt Johnson, Vince Bechtold, Mark LaCroix, Matt Bowers, Trevor Wettlaufer

Minot Ryan: Mark Koble, Mason Kramer, Will Decoteau, Austin Eggl, Chase Fugere, Sam Ebert

Beulah: Tanner Dolbec, Erik Ham, Karson Hintz, Trevor Zacher, Isaiah Krebs

St. Mary's: Preston Tescher, Micheal Berger, Alex Herold, Alex Willey

Dickinson Trinity: Dylan Fridrich, Jesse Kubik

Rugby: Kyle Lovcik, Jarett Lovcik, Kris Leier

Turtle Mountain: Zack Belgarde, Chris LaFountain.

Honorable mention
Carrington: Austin Johnson, Scott Engelhorn, James Jones, DeShawn Bates

Bottineau: Dalton Sivertson, Bryce Pottenger, Jeremiah Aberle, Jackson Bernstein

Minot Ryan: Nick Berentson, Brody Bosch, Tylers Allers, Issac Niess

Beulah: Mark Muscha, Cody Nelson, Jesse Hettich

St. Mary's: Jordan Weichel, Trent Bohan, Robert Richter

Dickinson Trinity: Mason Schiff, Cameron Berry, Brandon Sickler

Rugby: Zach Berube, Josh Michels, Andrew Hershey

Turtle Mountain: Wyatt Azure, John Slater, Chugger Davis
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby thewanderer » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:12 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:CLASS AA WEST REGION HONORS

All-West Region
Carrington: Cordell Schroeder, Casey Murphy, Cole Hendrickson, Tyson Rosenau, Julio Ybarra, Taylor Skytland, Austin Schuldheisz, Alex Nelson

Bottineau: Justin McCloud, Harrison Aide, Wyatt Johnson, Vince Bechtold, Mark LaCroix, Matt Bowers, Trevor Wettlaufer

Minot Ryan: Mark Koble, Mason Kramer, Will Decoteau, Austin Eggl, Chase Fugere, Sam Ebert

Honorable mention

Bottineau: Dalton Sivertson, Bryce Pottenger, Jeremiah Aberle, Jackson Bernstein

wow, thats alot of kids that make it, i am suprised that so many do. i counted 72.
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:02 am

thewanderer wrote:

All-West Region

Honorable mention

wow, thats alot of kids that make it, i am suprised that so many do. i counted 72.

I counted 63 but then again I got my education in Cavalier so i could be wrong. :lol:
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:04 am

ndfan wrote:
thewanderer wrote:

All-West Region

Honorable mention

I counted 63 but then again I got my education in Cavalier so i could be wrong. :lol:

There are 64.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndfan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:07 am

ndfan wrote:
thewanderer wrote:

All-West Region

Honorable mention

Nope I was wrong :( I recounted and got 64. :roll:
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:57 am

thewanderer wrote:

All-West Region

Honorable mention

i didnt think my counting was that bad. i was trying to scroll and count at the same time. I guess i am one of those guys that needs to stick to one brain function at a time. i hope my counting is right this time. i counted 12 for Carrington, 11 for Bottineau, 10 for MR, 8 for Beaulah so it still seems like a lot make it. I am sure they all are good players. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsfan24 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:44 pm

whats the difference between honarble mention and all region
sportsfan24
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to AA