Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:03 pm

My Predictions:

Wyndmere-Lidgerwood 22 Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter 20
Divide County 40 North Star 30
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 9-Man Final Four

Postby cardinal10 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:04 pm

W-L vs. Napoleon should be a dandy. Gotta go with W-L in the rematch, not sure why. Unfortunately for NS, the clock will be running in the second half. Saw a couple games in region 3 this year and that region was not very good. DIvide is tough. "Home" field for NS could make it tough in the first half for Divide.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:13 am

Admittedly, I do not know much about Divide County or North Star but it looks like a game of contrasting styles. DC likes to pound it and NS can air it out with the best of them. I'm going with NS primarily because of Hagler and Grande, they will make the differece in this game.

The WL vs NGS game is going to be another good one. I'll take WL to score late to win 14 to 8.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:48 pm

WL might play a lot better than the last time they played and they might lose by more. From what I hear of the first time they played Napoleon dominated the entire game and WL was lucky the score wasn't much worse.

I think DC should be favored by at least 2 TDs in the other game.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby panthercub » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:04 pm

cardinal10 wrote:W-L vs. Napoleon should be a dandy. Gotta go with W-L in the rematch, not sure why. Unfortunately for NS, the clock will be running in the second half. Saw a couple games in region 3 this year and that region was not very good. DIvide is tough. "Home" field for NS could make it tough in the first half for Divide.

Are you kidding me how could you say "Unfortunately for NS, the clock will be running in the second half. Saw a couple games in region 3 this year and that region was not very good." This team has not got the respect it deserves all season long! I have watched them play every game and they will stand toe to toe with ANYBODY! Most were saying CM would "pound" the ball they tried ask them how it worked. CM ran 15-20 sweeps in the game and most had about 3 holds on the tries and we still heard complaining from the Cougar fans of "the refs are cheating". They got beat at their own game(physical play)!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:07 pm

panthercub wrote:
cardinal10 wrote:W-L vs. Napoleon should be a dandy. Gotta go with W-L in the rematch, not sure why. Unfortunately for NS, the clock will be running in the second half. Saw a couple games in region 3 this year and that region was not very good. DIvide is tough. "Home" field for NS could make it tough in the first half for Divide.

Are you kidding me how could you say "Unfortunately for NS, the clock will be running in the second half. Saw a couple games in region 3 this year and that region was not very good." This team has not got the respect it deserves all season long! I have watched them play every game and they will stand toe to toe with ANYBODY! Most were saying CM would "pound" the ball they tried ask them how it worked. CM ran 15-20 sweeps in the game and most had about 3 holds on the tries and we still heard complaining from the Cougar fans of "the refs are cheating". They got beat at their own game(physical play)!

Just going to throw this out there...Divide County's physical play is a BIG difference than Central McLean's physical play. I think this game will be great game, high-scoring but I do think Divide County will come out on top (40-30). Two contrasting styles will be on display!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby panthercub » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:11 pm

The NS defense will hold their own enough to keep their balanced offense in this one.
NS 30 DC 24
Don't know much about the "superior" region 1 teams but I will take NGS.
NGS 20 W-L 14
Last edited by panthercub on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby panthercub » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:21 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
panthercub wrote:

Just going to throw this out there...Divide County's physical play is a BIG difference than Central McLean's physical play. I think this game will be great game, high-scoring but I do think Divide County will come out on top (40-30). Two contrasting styles will be on display!

Just going to throw this out there. DC has five kids that go over 200#'s Cm has 12 that are over 200#'s so on paper CM would be the more "physical" team. It all depends on the way they "move" while engaging in the "physical" play! NS will win this with heart and determination to accomplish their goal, "9-man State Title" .
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby footballfanforever » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:51 pm

After seeing how effective Mott was early on passing, I'm gonna have to go with North Star since passing is what they seem to do well. I think DC will score some points but they'll have a hard time stopping North Star. Mott was really banged up or yesterdays game maybe wouldve been a little different. Then I'll take NGS in the other one. Dont know much about the east teams.
footballfanforever
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:57 pm

Is that correct that DC doesn't have a senior on the team?

edit: nm I think the way NDHSAA's website is set up no one has any seniors.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby DCFan » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:00 pm

No not true. if you are looking at the ndhsaa site it must be messed up. Not showing seniors on several teams.
DCFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby cardinal10 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:28 pm

panthercub wrote:

I will either eat my words or be correct come Saturday. I am not a fan of either team, nor from either town. Just my prediction and opinion based on what I saw this season.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby jr83h » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:32 pm

saw the central mclean/dc game and felt that dc was close to 40 points better then cm...they had the line 6 yards down the field every play. also dc runs the best fakes i have ever seen. gonna take a team that can take a beatin for 4 quarters cause dc never lets up. but on the other hand, i am cheering for ns to pull it off, like to see a throwing team in the champ
jr83h
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:42 pm

jr83h wrote: i am cheering for ns to pull it off, like to see a throwing team in the champ

Same here. I know DC's offense is very effective and obviously you run what wins you games, but from an unbiased fan's perspective, I really really hope I don't have to watch a team in the title game that doesn't even attempt a pass.

Another thing, what kind of offense does DC run? I know all they do is run but is it an I formation, do they run option, or is it just a bunch of fakes then a designed give?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsreporter » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:43 pm

I haven't seen North Star this year but I have hard time seeing anyone beat Divide County this year. Covered them five or six times and they just dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Both Central McLean and Mott-Regent last Saturday, played tough in the first quarter trading touchdown for touchdown. The Maroons just wore them down though. That is what I am seeing every game.

Opposing teams are beat up by the time the second quarter rolls around because Divide County does it on offense and defense. Let's not forget Divide County allowed 55 points less than anyone else in a Region 4 that won three first round playoff games.

Not saying Divide County will win. I don't predict games that I've only seen one team play. North Star could match up with Divide County and not wear down. Certainly possible, just not likely from what I have seen of the Maroons.
sportsreporter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsreporter » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:50 pm

Indy5 wrote:
jr83h wrote: i am cheering for ns to pull it off, like to see a throwing team in the champ

Same here. I know DC's offense is very effective and obviously you run what wins you games, but from an unbiased fan's perspective, I really really hope I don't have to watch a team in the title game that doesn't even attempt a pass.

Another thing, what kind of offense does DC run? I know all they do is run but is it an I formation, do they run option, or is it just a bunch of fakes then a designed give?

To answer your question ... yes. They change it up and run out of a bunch of formations which some options, some fakes and some normal designed runs. They run a 9-man variation of what I would call the flexbone or wing T formation a lot. It allows Andreas Holm to line up on the outside but dropped back a step from the line. They can run up the middle with Isaac Jacobs (RB) with a the FB lead blocking or have Holm come across the formation going to the edge with the FB lead blocking. If you don't stack the middle Jacobs will get 5-10 every play. If you stack the middle, Holm will get daylight and he is near unstoppable in the open field because of speed and size (6'4").

Mott-Regent concentrated the defense on Holm in the first match up and he was contained but Jacobs killed them up the middle. On Saturday, Mott-Regent stacked the middle and Holm had four touchdowns (one defensive).
sportsreporter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vball10 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:58 pm

panthercub wrote:

AMEN! I'm really happy to see someone giving North Star some credit! Almost no one respects North Star because "they are a basketball team". These kids aren't just basketball players! They are ATHLETES that are going to work hard at whatever they do because ATHLETES don't like to FAIL!

Sorry for the capital letters and harshness. I'm close with the North Star team and they have been working hard and Coach Haugen has built this team up from almost nothing. They at least deserve a little respect.
vball10
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:39 pm

dont ever be sorry!....support your team!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby panthercub » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:14 am

vball10 wrote:
panthercub wrote:

AMEN! I'm really happy to see someone giving North Star some credit! Almost no one respects North Star because "they are a basketball team". These kids aren't just basketball players! They are ATHLETES that are going to work hard at whatever they do because ATHLETES don't like to FAIL!

Sorry for the capital letters and harshness. I'm close with the North Star team and they have been working hard and Coach Haugen has built this team up from almost nothing. They at least deserve a little respect.

EXACTLY
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby d_fense » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:02 pm

jr83h wrote:saw the central mclean/dc game and felt that dc was close to 40 points better then cm...they had the line 6 yards down the field every play. also dc runs the best fakes i have ever seen. gonna take a team that can take a beatin for 4 quarters cause dc never lets up. but on the other hand, i am cheering for ns to pull it off, like to see a throwing team in the champ

You will see a throwing team in the championship game. Both teams from the east throw the ball.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:07 pm

d_fense wrote:
jr83h wrote:saw the central mclean/dc game and felt that dc was close to 40 points better then cm...they had the line 6 yards down the field every play. also dc runs the best fakes i have ever seen. gonna take a team that can take a beatin for 4 quarters cause dc never lets up. but on the other hand, i am cheering for ns to pull it off, like to see a throwing team in the champ

You will see a throwing team in the championship game. Both teams from the east throw the ball.

well W-L does both effectively...but they do like to throw
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Maddawg34 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:36 pm

Flip wrote:Is that correct that DC doesn't have a senior on the team?

edit: nm I think the way NDHSAA's website is set up no one has any seniors.

woooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww
Maddawg34
NDPreps Rookie

Postby panthercub » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:46 pm

DC has 7 seniors. I also just noticed NS has aloowed the least points in the state and have scored the 3rd most points of the remaining 4 teams. They could have easily had another 40+ points scored as the 1 victory was a forfeit (no disrespect). DC has allowed the 2nd least points and have scored the most. Its going to be a good one!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to 9 - Man