Wyndmere-Lidgerwood @ Cavalier

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Wyndmere-Lidgerwood @ Cavalier

Postby winner-within » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:35 am

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Actually the #1 Team in the State.....They"ll beat the #1 team in Region 1 too

You didn't even pick WL to make it out of the first round of the playoffs now you think they're going to the state title game?

They have a Chance.....D County wins it all though.

Cavalier played W-L's game.....it was awesome seeing the ball flying all over the place....2 less fumbles, 2 less dropped ball for a TD's and we win by 24.....Cav gave up 100 points all season and 60 yesterday....is that the team we watched all year NOPE!....
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:43 am

winner-within wrote:
Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:

You didn't even pick WL to make it out of the first round of the playoffs now you think they're going to the state title game?

They have a Chance.....D County wins it all though.

Cavalier played W-L's game.....it was awesome seeing the ball flying all over the place....2 less fumbles, 2 less dropped ball for a TD's and we win by 24.....Cav gave up 100 points all season and 60 yesterday....is that the team we watched all year NOPE!....

I like to stay out of this...but it was too tempting! Its probably because they finally saw some real competition. Other than the game vs. North Border...Cavalier was able to walk through the rest of the region because much of that region was poor.

I love how somehow 2 fumbles and 2 dropped passes could make a 48 point switch...seems unlikely (but now that I think about it..could be possible). However, from my reliable source that was in attendance of this game...Wyndmere-Lidgerwood was outright the better team.

Congrats to the Wyndmere-Lidgerwood Warbirds as they continue their run to the Title.
Congrats to the Cavalier Tornadoes on a Great Season.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:45 am

EHS1998 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:
Johnny wrote:Wyndmere 66-42 late in 4th quarter. Cavalier has no answer for Illies, Vasquez and Bell.

Not exactly a defensive masterpiece. I am glad the number 2 team in Region 1 beat the number 1 team in Region 2 by 24 though.

Rankings are meaningless to me, what counts is actual standings/results. At least until they start giving out the state championship based on rankings.

Regardless, Region 1 showed dominance over Region 2 today (another day could tell a different story). No excuse you come up with will change that.

Winner - Since you still seem to be a Region 1 hater, let's revisit what the Eastern playoffs showed us up to this point.

1st Round: Region #1 1st and 2nd seeds with decisive victories over Region 2 4th and 3rd seeds. Region 2 2nd seed with razor thin miraculous victory over Region 1 3rd seed. Region 2 1st seed with decisive victory over Region 1 4th seed in a game that was still in doubt in the 3rd quarter.

Quarter Finals: Region 1 1st seed with decisive victory over Region 2 2nd seed. Region 1 2nd seed with decisive victory over Region 2 1st seed.

Semis: All Region 1 Match up.

I have never said I hate anyone.....you cant hate if you haven't loved...and I haven't Loved...
But thanks for trying to put words in my mouth
and Ranking dont mean anything....I was just clarifying your post!
It all Started when the Region 1 bangers said they easily had the toughest Region...IN THE STATE this season....I dont think there was anything easy about it....Just ask the Players and Coaches!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:01 am

winner-within wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:
Johnny wrote:Wyndmere 66-42 late in 4th quarter. Cavalier has no answer for Illies, Vasquez and Bell.

Not exactly a defensive masterpiece. I am glad the number 2 team in Region 1 beat the number 1 team in Region 2 by 24 though.

Rankings are meaningless to me, what counts is actual standings/results. At least until they start giving out the state championship based on rankings.

Regardless, Region 1 showed dominance over Region 2 today (another day could tell a different story). No excuse you come up with will change that.

Winner - Since you still seem to be a Region 1 hater, let's revisit what the Eastern playoffs showed us up to this point.

1st Round: Region #1 1st and 2nd seeds with decisive victories over Region 2 4th and 3rd seeds. Region 2 2nd seed with razor thin miraculous victory over Region 1 3rd seed. Region 2 1st seed with decisive victory over Region 1 4th seed in a game that was still in doubt in the 3rd quarter.

Quarter Finals: Region 1 1st seed with decisive victory over Region 2 2nd seed. Region 1 2nd seed with decisive victory over Region 2 1st seed.

I have never said I hate anyone.....you cant hate if you haven't loved...and I haven't Loved...
But thanks for trying to put words in my mouth
and Ranking dont mean anything....I was just clarifying your post!
It all Started when the Region 1 bangers said they easily had the toughest Region...IN THE STATE this season....I dont think there was anything easy about it....Just ask the Players and Coaches!

"Hate" in the context used above was a figure of speech.

Show me where I said anything was easy.

Congrats to Cavalier on a great season, sounds like they are a young team so this isnt the last we have heard from them. Good Luck to the Warbirds next week.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby classB4ever » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:43 am

EHS1998 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:

Well there is little doubt that NGS and WL deserve the recognition they received all year. Shouldn't be a real surprise as they have great programs. Congrats to both teams on great wins. Also congrats to Cav & NB on great seasons.
You can spin numbers and stats all you want. It appears to me that each region had 2 or 3 good teams and then there was a drop off in competition after that. I don't know how anybody can argue that. In this instance, Region 1 had 2 top teams in the state. EHS, referring to your statement above in bold, wouldn't you also agree that both games yesterday were still in doubt in the 3rd quarter? People can use information how ever they want to reinforce their argument. Now that we have had play outside the regions, what we know is NGS and WL from Region 1 are very good. After that, Region 2 held serve against the other 2 top teams. That can't be argued.
Hope Mr. Hartz is ok. Any updates on him?
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sb08 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:23 pm

All I know is that Wyndmere-Lidgerwood were winners within!
sb08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sb08 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:27 pm

And the better passing team won, which winner said never happens. Don't worry winner, everyone is wrong at some point, but you are just wrong more often then others.
sb08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:22 pm

Before the quarterfinals.
winner-within wrote:This will be a dog fight....DC goes down!

After the the quarterfinals.
winner-within wrote:...D County wins it all though.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:17 pm

classB4ever wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:

Well there is little doubt that NGS and WL deserve the recognition they received all year. Shouldn't be a real surprise as they have great programs. Congrats to both teams on great wins. Also congrats to Cav & NB on great seasons.
You can spin numbers and stats all you want. It appears to me that each region had 2 or 3 good teams and then there was a drop off in competition after that. I don't know how anybody can argue that. In this instance, Region 1 had 2 top teams in the state. EHS, referring to your statement above in bold, wouldn't you also agree that both games yesterday were still in doubt in the 3rd quarter? People can use information how ever they want to reinforce their argument. Now that we have had play outside the regions, what we know is NGS and WL from Region 1 are very good. After that, Region 2 held serve against the other 2 top teams. That can't be argued.
Hope Mr. Hartz is ok. Any updates on him?

Yep, I would agree with that. In retrospect, it really is kind of a silly argument, I just took issue with some of winners comments. I see a clear difference in the quality of team both at the top of the two Regions (validated yesterday) and in the depth of the two Regions, but it doesnt really matter at the end of the day.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:28 pm

sb08 wrote:And the better passing team won, which winner said never happens. Don't worry winner, everyone is wrong at some point, but you are just wrong more often then others.

Better push off team won...!! ref cant catch them all.....Hartz got knocked out by a Helmet to the Head after he lost his Helmet......
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:32 pm

winner-within wrote:
sb08 wrote:And the better passing team won, which winner said never happens. Don't worry winner, everyone is wrong at some point, but you are just wrong more often then others.

Better push off team won...!! ref cant catch them all.....

Ha. Whatever helps you sleep at night Winner.

I do hope the Hartz kid os ok.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby HONKER » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:51 pm

Hard to believe a team could push off for 66 points, but what do I know.
HONKER
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:30 am

I said they (Passing teams) dont win it all.....W-L will beat Nappy but they go down in the Dome to DC
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby formerwarrior » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:38 am

I guess you are forgetting who won the championship last year. Wyndmere Lidgerwood Warbirds, a passing team. Not only do they pass, they run! I have been reading these posts by winner within and wonder why anyone responds, but I couldn't resist this one.
formerwarrior
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:45 am

formerwarrior wrote:I guess you are forgetting who won the championship last year. Wyndmere Lidgerwood Warbirds, a passing team. Not only do they pass, they run! I have been reading these posts by winner within and wonder why anyone responds, but I couldn't resist this one.

I don't know if winning last year means they'll win it again the same way.

Bell ran good at Cavalier.....stop Bell (on the run) and you've stopped their run......I think they go big this weekend with the 1-2 punch (pass and run).....I had just heard all they do is Pass....not true.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to 9 - Man