Beulah @ Grafton

The teams in Class AA.

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby Bud225 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:08 pm

old#63 wrote:Bud225, you seem to know Beulah pretty well. What are their team strengths? Elaborate on how they have improved thoughout the year. I'm curious about how their style will match up to Grafton's.

Well their major improvements have been on their line who in the first three games got dominated. They also filled some gaps defensively over the season. Really they've had a crazy up and down season,starting as a team that ran the ball to open up the passing game to a one dimensional passing team.(hints tore his mcl in Bott game took away there run game almost completely so they had to transition to an all passing offense) In my opinion if they would have had another week of practice they could have defeated bishop ryan, But they didn't get it to click until the carrington game and they just rolled from there.
Bud225
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:29 pm

Bud225 wrote:
old#63 wrote:Bud225, you seem to know Beulah pretty well. What are their team strengths? Elaborate on how they have improved thoughout the year. I'm curious about how their style will match up to Grafton's.

Well their major improvements have been on their line who in the first three games got dominated. They also filled some gaps defensively over the season. Really they've had a crazy up and down season,starting as a team that ran the ball to open up the passing game to a one dimensional passing team.(hints tore his mcl in Bott game took away there run game almost completely so they had to transition to an all passing offense) In my opinion if they would have had another week of practice they could have defeated bishop ryan, But they didn't get it to click until the carrington game and they just rolled from there.

Granted, like you said, their runningback got hurt the week before the Ryan game, I don't think an extra week of practice would've made them win that game. They really weren't about to score on Ryan. Just saying.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby old#63 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:01 am

Bud225 wrote:

It will be interesting to see if Beulah is able to get an offense going on Saturday. Obviously, I'm a homer for the Spoilers, but Grafton's secondary is a pretty talented group of atheletes. No team from the east was able to effectively pass against them all year. Grafton gave up some yards to the run, but not much to anyone's air attack. Sounds like maybe Beulah is going to try. We'll see if the west has something the east doesn't.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:58 pm

old#63 wrote:
Bud225 wrote:

It will be interesting to see if Beulah is able to get an offense going on Saturday. Obviously, I'm a homer for the Spoilers, but Grafton's secondary is a pretty talented group of atheletes. No team from the east was able to effectively pass against them all year. Grafton gave up some yards to the run, but not much to anyone's air attack. Sounds like maybe Beulah is going to try. We'll see if the west has something the east doesn't.

they have Black Gold....We have Sugar.... :lol:
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:59 pm

HERE WE GO SPOILERS, HERE WE GO :!: HERE WE GO SPOILERS, HERE WE GO :!:

FYI

ND CLASS AA FOOTBALL QUARTERFINALS
Spoilers - #1 in the East
verses
Beulah Miners - #4 in the West
MAKE AN EVENT OF IT SPOILER FANS!
TAILGATING 12‐1:00
The Grafton Boosters will be selling pulled pork plates,
potatoes, chili, taco in the bag, brats and dogs.
Treats include caramel apples, cotton candy, bars,
Bavarian almonds and more. Keep warm with hot
chocolate, Russian tea, coffee, or cider.
CONCESSIONS OPEN AT 12:00 – GAME TIME 1:30
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby old#63 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:23 pm

thewanderer wrote:HERE WE GO SPOILERS, HERE WE GO :!: HERE WE GO SPOILERS, HERE WE GO :!:

FYI

ND CLASS AA FOOTBALL QUARTERFINALS
Spoilers - #1 in the East
verses
Beulah Miners - #4 in the West
MAKE AN EVENT OF IT SPOILER FANS!
TAILGATING 12‐1:00
The Grafton Boosters will be selling pulled pork plates,
potatoes, chili, taco in the bag, brats and dogs.
Treats include caramel apples, cotton candy, bars,
Bavarian almonds and more. Keep warm with hot
chocolate, Russian tea, coffee, or cider.
CONCESSIONS OPEN AT 12:00 – GAME TIME 1:30

Bring on da Miners!!! Time to take it to the next level, Spoilers!!!!! :D See you at the game.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby thewanderer » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:54 pm

Hi button
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby preparationissuccess » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:59 pm

Spoilers are going to bring it. No chance of upset, spoilers up 30 at half. Starters will probably sit 3rd and 4th quarter. BOOOOOYAH
preparationissuccess
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndfan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:03 am

38-0
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Unity77 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:47 pm

Half:
Spoilers: 28
Miners: 0

The Spoilers had the ball on the one yard with 12 seconds left in the half, but couldn't convert. They (the Spoilers) have been pretty flat thus far and have had too many penalties. Spoilers could have easily been up 40+ - 0 at the half.

Spoilers had 318 yards first half yards to the Miners' 70 yards.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Unity77 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:18 pm

36 - 0
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Unity77 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:33 pm

42 - 0
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Unity77 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:13 pm

Final
Grafton - 42
Beulah - 0

Unofficial Stats:
* Grafton - 417 yards total offense
* Beulah - 202 yards total offense
* Grafton had 6 running touchdowns
* Jiskra (Spoilers): 85 yards receiving; Nelson (Miners): 95 yards receiving
* Lunde (Spoilers): 108 yards rushing; Erickson (Miners): 30 yards rushing
* Grafton's Jeremy Talamandes had a huge game for the Spoilers
* The Spoilers had several penalties and 3 fumbles (one on the 10 yard line)
Last edited by Unity77 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Unity77 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:17 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:Grafton - 42
Beaulah - 6

prepfan14 wrote:my upset pick standing by it you watch 21-22 Beulah :)

:shock:
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby old#63 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:00 pm

The score is really one sided, but Beulah actually was able to have some success passing against Grafton and actually did a nice job of limiting Grafton's passing attack. Grafton won this game by running the ball effectively against Beulah. The Nelson kid from Beulah who played WR looked pretty impressive to me.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:20 pm

Beulah
RUSHING: Tanner Erickson 7 carries for 32 yards; Tanner Dolbec 6 carries for 4 yards
PASSING: Trevor Zacher 13-31 for 131 yards (2 INTs); John Yale 1-1 for 2 yards
RECEIVING: Cody Nelson 8 catches for 95 yards; Tanner Dolbec 3 catches for 19 yards; Jesse Hettich 2 catches for 17 yards

Grafton
RUSHING: Christian Lunde 4 carries for 107 yards and 2 TDs; Zach Burns 12 carries for 83 yards and 2 TDs; Jake Hanson 18 carries for 59 yards and 2 TDs
PASSING: Jake Hanson 7-13 for 119 yards
RECEIVING: Adam Jiskra 4 catches for 86 yards; Zach Suda 2 catches for 26 yards; Christian Lunde 1 catch for 7 yards
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Previous

Return to AA