Central McLean @ North Star

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Central McLean @ North Star

Postby d_fense » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:03 pm

IMO nobody should recieve a plaque for winning one playoff game. We have a number of average teams in the playoffs (1/2 of all the teams make it). Win one game vs. an average team is no great feat.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:12 pm

d_fense wrote:IMO nobody should recieve a plack for winning one playoff game. We have a number of average teams in the playoffs (1/2 of all the teams make it). Win one game vs. an average team is no great feet.

community's give their team a hypothetical plack for making the playoffs.....there are alot of teams who simply don't make it and alot of teams who don't make it every year
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:39 pm

d_fense wrote:IMO nobody should recieve a plaque for winning one playoff game. We have a number of average teams in the playoffs (1/2 of all the teams make it). Win one game vs. an average team is no great feat.

16 out of 40 teams make the playoffs
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:20 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
d_fense wrote:IMO nobody should recieve a plaque for winning one playoff game. We have a number of average teams in the playoffs (1/2 of all the teams make it). Win one game vs. an average team is no great feat.

I know this is a 9 man post, but I was talking about high school teams in North Dakota.
16 of 40 nine man teams.
16 of 32 class A teams.
8 of 16 AA teams.
8 of 14 AAA teams (I believe)
just over 47% is awful close to half.

"To be average means you are the best of the lousiest, or the lousiest of the best. " Paul Harvey
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:24 pm

d_fense wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:

I know this is a 9 man post, but I was talking about high school teams in North Dakota.
16 of 40 nine man teams.
16 of 32 class A teams.
8 of 16 AA teams.

"To be average means you are the best of the lousiest, or the lousiest of the best. " Paul Harvey

The hypothetical plack I was referring to was after the first round win.....we know by then "whats left its whats real"!!!! way above average and way above lousy.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:25 pm

winner-within wrote:
d_fense wrote:IMO nobody should recieve a plack for winning one playoff game. We have a number of average teams in the playoffs (1/2 of all the teams make it). Win one game vs. an average team is no great feet.

community's give their team a hypothetical plack for making the playoffs.....there are alot of teams who simply don't make it and alot of teams who don't make it every year

I thought communities such as Cavalier expected more. Maybe that is why their teams (baseball, basketball, and football) have been falling short of your expectations lately.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby d_fense » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:28 pm

winner-within wrote:
d_fense wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:

16 of 40 nine man teams.
16 of 32 class A teams.
8 of 16 AA teams.

The hypothetical plack I was referring to was after the first round win.....we know by then "whats left its whats real"!!!! way above average and way above lousy.

Way above average? If you look at the number for 9 man, only teams in the top 80% are in. I bet an 80% for most of the students is a what? C-
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:36 pm

d_fense wrote:
winner-within wrote:
d_fense wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:

16 of 40 nine man teams.
16 of 32 class A teams.
8 of 16 AA teams.

Way above average? If you look at the number for 9 man, only teams in the top 80% are in. I bet an 80% for most of the students is a what? C-

Its a B-...just going to clarify that one. Also lets get back to discussing the Central McLean/North Star game. Go ahead and make a new topic if you want to have a discussion on what you are talking about...but let's those who want to discuss the CM/NS game do it without this 'fluff' on the thread.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Right, I said they (NS) would go down....no big deal!! jmho
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby panthercub » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:12 am

Does anyone know if there will be any Radio coverage of this game or possibly BEK sports?
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:18 am

panthercub wrote:Does anyone know if there will be any Radio coverage of this game or possibly BEK sports?

BEK is not covering this game.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:32 am

16/40=40%
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:13 am

There are no radio stations carrying the game. It will be on a video webcast with local commentators:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nhs-test

The finished game will be archived at the same site.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby panthercub » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:32 am

vikingman wrote:There are no radio stations carrying the game. It will be on a video webcast with local commentators:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nhs-test

The finished game will be archived at the same site.

NICE! Thanks vikingman!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikingman » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:08 pm

Just got word from NDHSAA -- it looks like we won't be allowed to do the webcast.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby newtotheeast » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:13 pm

How has CM done this season against teams that have thrown alot much like North Star?
newtotheeast
NDPreps Reserve

Postby whitefire » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:22 pm

they beat both mott regent and mohall. bothe teams have very good pass offenses
whitefire
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DCFan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:42 pm

whitefire wrote:they beat both mott regent and mohall. bothe teams have very good pass offenses

CM did not play MLS.
DCFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Buck » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:09 pm

North Star by 2 TD.
Buck
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsreporter » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Haven't seen North Star this season so I won't make a prediction but I can offer my thoughts on Central McLean. I covered them when they played Divide County. I will say I saw potential in their play. They definitely have talent but they just couldn't keep up. Central McLean had an article in a different paper talking about their size on the lines. Well, Divide County dominated the line all game because they have more size than any team I have seen this year but they are all highly athletic. It's not just the size, it's their ability to move too.

Central McLean just got worn down. Both teams scored quickly and easily in the first quarter. McLean had a turnover that the Maroons capitalized on. That gave Divide County a two score lead and McLean was left trying to play catch up. They had to start pressing and never were able to stop the Maroons offense.

McLean is a very a talented team but they aren't great. I'm not sure how accurate of a judge the Divide County game really is though. I have yet to see a team come even close to standing toe-to-toe with the Maroons offensive line.
sportsreporter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:08 pm

Central McLean
RUSHING: Matt Landenberger 15 carries for 128 yards and 2 TDs; Dylan Ruff 22 carries for 125 yards and 1 TD; Aaron Morman 4 carries for 33 yards
PASSING: Dylan Ruff 2-3 for 16 yards (1 INT)
RECEIVING: Aaron Morman 1 catch for 10 yards; Tucker Fylling 1 catch for 6 yards.

North Star
RUSHING: Colton Braun 19 carries for 65 yards; Jake Hagler 3 carries for 24 yards; Ethan Sager 6 carries for 19 yards and 1 TD
PASSING: Jake Hagler 11-26 for 163 yards and 2 TDs
RECEIVING: Josh Haugen 4 catches for 69 yards and 1 TD; Daniel Grande 3 catches for 78 yards; Ethan Sager 2 catches for 15 yards and 1 TD; Colton Braun 1 catch for 56 yards; Brooks Larson 1 catch for 11 yards
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Previous

Return to 9 - Man