The teams in Class A

Velva @ Hazen

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:31 am

Thoughts on this weekend's playoff matchup
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Velva @ Hazen

Postby mama_bird » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:13 am

Hoping Velva wins, but I think that Hazen will.
mama_bird
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:03 pm

Seems Wild to Have Harvey gone....and Velva an underdog....I bet the West is Keyed!!!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:12 pm

Velva lost a lot of lasts years squad. Their returning players have seen plenty of mop up time last year and improved greatly as the year has moved on. They lost a one score game early this year to Stanley and I could see them pulling off this game. 20-14 Velva
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby A - Football Fan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:11 pm

Velva will have to play better than they did last week against New Salem/Glen Ulin...also, Velva's quarterback was taken out of the game with an injury in the second half...I don't know the status of that injury...they have a very capable kid running the offense in Bruner's absence but it does leave a bit of a hole if Bruner can't return for the Hazen game. If anything last weeks game may have opened Velva's eyes a bit as to what it will take to compete at this level this year...I hope it's a good game but I'm thinking Hazen will pull this one out in the end....we'll see after this weekend.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:08 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:Velva will have to play better than they did last week against New Salem/Glen Ulin...also, Velva's quarterback was taken out of the game with an injury in the second half...I don't know the status of that injury...they have a very capable kid running the offense in Bruner's absence but it does leave a bit of a hole if Bruner can't return for the Hazen game. If anything last weeks game may have opened Velva's eyes a bit as to what it will take to compete at this level this year...I hope it's a good game but I'm thinking Hazen will pull this one out in the end....we'll see after this weekend.

Who filled in for Bruner?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby A - Football Fan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:20 pm

Indy5 wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:Velva will have to play better than they did last week against New Salem/Glen Ulin...also, Velva's quarterback was taken out of the game with an injury in the second half...I don't know the status of that injury...they have a very capable kid running the offense in Bruner's absence but it does leave a bit of a hole if Bruner can't return for the Hazen game. If anything last weeks game may have opened Velva's eyes a bit as to what it will take to compete at this level this year...I hope it's a good game but I'm thinking Hazen will pull this one out in the end....we'll see after this weekend.

Chandler Mack....and he did and has done a good job of filling those shoes when he has had those opportunities this season.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:55 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

Chandler Mack....and he did and has done a good job of filling those shoes when he has had those opportunities this season.

That was my guess, but i wasn't sure. Is Velva still using more shotgun stuff with Bruner this year or have they gone back to mostly their old stuff? I've only seen them in the first game when they played Ryan.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby A - Football Fan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:38 pm

Indy5 wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

That was my guess, but i wasn't sure. Is Velva still using more shotgun stuff with Bruner this year or have they gone back to mostly their old stuff? I've only seen them in the first game when they played Ryan.

If the Velva Ryan game was the only one you saw this year you would be very impressed with how they have improved this year...they mix it up quite a bit with their "old stuff" if you want to call it that and some other stuff...I think Larry sandy has done quite a job this year on making his team better....they really started to gel after the Stanley game and turned some corners....they had few hitches on Saturday against New Salem but if they play their game on Saturday against Hazen it could be a really good game...I think I still would give Hazen the edge until proven otherwise...I would really like to see a Stanley Velva rematch but it's one game at a time for the teams...We'll see what happens this Saturday....should be good...wish I could be there to watch it.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mama_bird » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:27 pm

I too would like to see a Stanley /Velva rematch this year, but a last year's playoff rematch with Hazen will be just as good. As you said each week is a new season at this point.
mama_bird
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:27 pm

Hazen 36

Velva 14
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby fanofeverything » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:17 pm

jtdc492 wrote:

Hazen 36

Velva 14

Are you smoking something? Hazen may very well win the game, but there is absolutely ZERO chance they put up anything close to 36 points. Velva's defense is probably the best defense Hazen has faced this season. I would venture a guess that Hazen might get to 26, but that would only be if Velva's defense has a real bad day. My guess is Hazen wins 20-12.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby fanofeverything » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:41 pm

22-13 Hazen at the half. Alot higher scoring game than I expected. Quite a few big plays. Look for the Defense to tighten up in the second half. Unless there is a big turnover I think Hazen will pull it out.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby Truce » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:14 pm

30-13 with 1 min left in the 3rd.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby SportsFan101 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:31 pm

37-13 Hazen with 8 minutes left
SportsFan101
NDPreps Rookie

Postby fanofeverything » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:42 pm

fanofeverything wrote:
jtdc492 wrote:

Hazen 36

Velva 14

Are you smoking something? Hazen may very well win the game, but there is absolutely ZERO chance they put up anything close to 36 points. Velva's defense is probably the best defense Hazen has faced this season. I would venture a guess that Hazen might get to 26, but that would only be if Velva's defense has a real bad day. My guess is Hazen wins 20-12.

I would like to insert my foot into my mouth. Great Strong Impressive victory for Hazen!
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby bison football73 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:22 pm

fanofeverything wrote:
fanofeverything wrote:
jtdc492 wrote:

Hazen 36

Velva 14

I would like to insert my foot into my mouth. Great Strong Impressive victory for Hazen!

hahahahahahahahahaha
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:02 pm

Velva
RUSHING: Taylor Barstad 9 carries for 73 yards; Zach Podoll 6 carries for 1 yard and 1 TD; Nathan Schmaltz 7 carries for 12 yards; Ty Bruner 4 carries for 5 yards
PASSING: Ty Bruner 7-16 for 186 yards and 1 TD (2 INTs); Zach Podoll 1-2 for 42 yards; Chandler Mack 1-1 for 13 yards
RECEIVING: Chandler Mack 7 catches for 221 yards and 1 TD; Zach Podoll 1 catch for 7 yards

Hazen
RUSHING: Stetson Carr 22 carries for 236 yards and 2 TDs; Briar Bornemann 21 carries for 142 yards and 3 TDs; Alex Volk 5 carries for 18 yards; Brock Bruner 4 carries for 11 yards; Nate Leintz 1 carry for 6 yards; Hunter Steffen 1 carry for 3 yards; Josh Erhardt 2 carries for 2 yards
PASSING: Stetson Carr 2-5 for 25 yards
RECEIVING: Doll 1 catch for 15 yards; Alex Volke 1 catch for 10 yards
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to A