The teams in 9 Man

Central McLean @ North Star

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:29 am

Thoughts on this weekend's playoff matchup
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Central McLean @ North Star

Postby ballin.in.nd » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:55 pm

i got North Star by ten. Can't stop the Hagler- Grande duo!
the only place success comes before work is in the dictionary- vince lombardi
ballin.in.nd
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vball10 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:21 pm

And with the weather being favorable for passing (so far) I think North Star's passing game will be too much for Central McLean to handle! The line just has to keep the big guys out for Hagler to have enough time.
vball10
NDPreps Starter

Postby DCFan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:36 pm

ballin.in.nd wrote:i got North Star by ten. Can't stop the Hagler- Grande duo!

Benson County stopped them. And Central McLean stopped Benson County. I will take CM.
DCFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby AC-DC » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:08 pm

DCFan wrote:

Benson County stopped them. And Central McLean stopped Benson County. I will take CM.

Dito
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:25 pm

AC-DC wrote:
DCFan wrote:

Dito

Going back to the BC/North Star game. BC was at home, playing what they felt was the Region championship and they played like it (very good). North Star was on the road, playing a game that meant nothing to them (except pride) and played like it (not good). Have watched each team play many games this year, and IMHO NS is better.
NS is at home and played very well on Saturday. Close through the 1st half, NS wins by 8+.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby panthercub » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:00 am

I believe DC had around 400 yds rushing vs CM. NS has an emerging rushing attack as well as the lethal combo of Hagler to Grande. NS also allowed the 3rd or 4th fewest points this year! I think it will be tight in the first half with NS pulling away in the 2nd half.
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby theoldman » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:28 am

panthercub wrote:I believe DC had around 400 yds rushing vs CM. NS has an emerging rushing attack as well as the lethal combo of Hagler to Grande. NS also allowed the 3rd or 4th fewest points this year! I think it will be tight in the first half with NS pulling away in the 2nd half.

They have allowed the 3rd or 4th fewest points in what would appear to be by far the weakest region in 9-man football. Also DC rushed for 400 behind their big physical line. I don't think NS can say they play nearly as physical as DC.
theoldman
NDPreps Starter

Postby whitefire » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:47 pm

I dont know how you can say region four is the weakest when three of their teams made the second round and only one team from region three made it. Dc is big and physical and will put numbers up on anyone you cant judge cm by one game. They stopped mott regents vaunted passing attack and mohalls run up the score offense. I take cm by two plus td's
whitefire
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballchick » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:13 pm

whitefire wrote:I dont know how you can say region four is the weakest when three of their teams made the second round and only one team from region three made it. Dc is big and physical and will put numbers up on anyone you cant judge cm by one game. They stopped mott regents vaunted passing attack and mohalls run up the score offense. I take cm by two plus td's

I think the old man was referring to Region 3 being the weakest region. As has been repeatedly mentioned on preps, with no non-region games to base any comparisons on, no one can make an accurate prediction of what will happen in any of these games. Regarding the Mohall game, I heard that they were missing 8 players due to National FFA. Can anyone from that area confirm that? Surely it made a huge impact on the outcome of the game?
bballchick
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovwatchingsports » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Wow, if true, what a let down for the other football players, coach, and town. Not a very good expample for the younger football players also. jmo
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikingman » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:47 pm

Would it have been a good example to younger FFA members if they would have skipped National FFA convention to go to the football game?

Students are sometimes put in a no-win situation. It seems that everyone thinks that it's the sports team that should get priority, and that FFA (or state music contest, etc) should be skipped. They had to pick one or the other. Not everyone has football (or sports in general) as their #1 priority.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby theoldman » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:54 pm

whitefire wrote:I dont know how you can say region four is the weakest when three of their teams made the second round and only one team from region three made it. Dc is big and physical and will put numbers up on anyone you cant judge cm by one game. They stopped mott regents vaunted passing attack and mohalls run up the score offense. I take cm by two plus td's

I was referring to Region 3 being the weakest region based on them losing 3 out of 4 games. And I was also saying that DC is big and physical and I don't believe that the NS line can be compared to them. I think you are proving the same point I was initially trying to make. I do think CM will win this game because of physical play.
theoldman
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballchick » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:59 pm

vikingman wrote:Would it have been a good example to younger FFA members if they would have skipped National FFA convention to go to the football game?

Students are sometimes put in a no-win situation. It seems that everyone thinks that it's the sports team that should get priority, and that FFA (or state music contest, etc) should be skipped. They had to pick one or the other. Not everyone has football (or sports in general) as their #1 priority.

Unfortunately this is the plight of many small town school students. Kids are encouraged to participate, then are forced to choose when they excel in several areas.
bballchick
NDPreps Starter

Postby whitefire » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:14 pm

Apologies to oldman. Must have misread your post
whitefire
NDPreps Reserve

Postby panthercub » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:55 am

theoldman wrote:

I was referring to Region 3 being the weakest region based on them losing 3 out of 4 games. And I was also saying that DC is big and physical and I don't believe that the NS line can be compared to them. I think you are proving the same point I was initially trying to make. I do think CM will win this game because of physical play.

You might to check the size of the lines you are comparing. I have watched NS play a few games this year. They play as physical as anyone and the RB's are as physical as any in the state. They also have depth on the o-line and d-line they sub in a couple kids in different situations that are 290 and 240#'s. Also you are saying DC is the more physical team than CM, but yet you are saying CM will win because of physical play?
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:28 pm

panthercub wrote:
theoldman wrote:

You might to check the size of the lines you are comparing. I have watched NS play a few games this year. They play as physical as anyone and the RB's are as physical as any in the state. They also have depth on the o-line and d-line they sub in a couple kids in different situations that are 290 and 240#'s. Also you are saying DC is the more physical team than CM, but yet you are saying CM will win because of physical play?

North Star has been a potent offensive team for the past 5 - 6 years. The problem has always been low numbers and having to play many underclassmen. These underclassmen from the past are now juniors and seniors. North Star has had problems stopping bigger teams in the past and believe this is what theoldman is referring to. They are deeper with older kids and seem to have a different mentality this year on defense. I hope they come out and show people this weekend what they are capable of.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby panthercub » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:35 pm

Bison-Vikes #1 wrote:
panthercub wrote:
theoldman wrote:

North Star has been a potent offensive team for the past 5 - 6 years. The problem has always been low numbers and having to play many underclassmen. These underclassmen from the past are now juniors and seniors. North Star has had problems stopping bigger teams in the past and believe this is what theoldman is referring to. They are deeper with older kids and seem to have a different mentality this year on defense. I hope they come out and show people this weekend what they are capable of.

I halso hope they come out and show what they are capable of. I might have misinterpreted theoldman.
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:47 pm

NS gets cold feet.....they do not want to jeopardize a run on the hard court.....CM move on!!....you need size in football....
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby panthercub » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:33 am

winner-within wrote:NS gets cold feet.....they do not want to jeopardize a run on the hard court.....CM move on!!....you need size in football....

These kids put their heart and souls into everything they do not just the "hard court"! It will show on Saturday. Winner another intellegent statement by you...not surprising!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:50 am

panthercub wrote:
winner-within wrote:NS gets cold feet.....they do not want to jeopardize a run on the hard court.....CM move on!!....you need size in football....

These kids put their heart and souls into everything they do not just the "hard court"! It will show on Saturday. Winner another intellegent statement by you...not surprising!

Are you saying I am not intelligent????......Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! take that.... 8)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:57 am

Is that what happened to Cavalier last year winner? Serious question.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:10 am

ndfan wrote:

Is that what happened to Cavalier last year winner? Serious question.

NO & Yes.....In the days of dominance at the AA level (48 or so wins in a row) the majority of True Football players never picked up the round ball.....at this point in the season (and NS is good) but at this point in the season It'll be your football players who win you the game, not your basketball players....If someone is truly both (and few are) then that particular team will move on!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballchick » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:57 am

You saw North Star on the basketball court I'm assuming. From what I saw, those boys are going to be competitive no matter what sport they are playing. They have had great success in football and basketball the last two years, I think they just plain old don't like to lose and will leave it all out there no matter which sport they are playing. JMHO
bballchick
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:33 am

bballchick wrote:You saw North Star on the basketball court I'm assuming. From what I saw, those boys are going to be competitive no matter what sport they are playing. They have had great success in football and basketball the last two years, I think they just plain old don't like to lose and will leave it all out there no matter which sport they are playing. JMHO

Oh yes they will.....all teams left in deserve a plack.....all teams who continue to the Dome will need Muscle!!....all teams left in have Muscle....some just have more.....if thats NS, thats great!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to 9 - Man