Question about ND State Hockey Tournament broadcasting

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby money2128 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:14 pm

Why is it that ND Sate Hockey Tournament Quarter finals can't be broadcasted on tv.Image

Not to question the popularity of basketball in our state, but i notice they broadcast every game, or at least the quarter finals of boys and girls basketball during East Region, West Region, and State Tournament.

Maybe 10 or 20 years ago i would understand, but hockey has grown alot in the past 10 years and i think its time for a little more recognition from the media in our sport.

Also, does anyone know of any radio stations doing live internet broadcasting for the Evening quarterfinal games. 

thanks.

money2128
NDPreps Starter

Postby money2128 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:43 pm

thats a good assumption
money2128
NDPreps Starter

Postby 1337 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:21 pm

Olympics.
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby puck71 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:58 pm

The quarterfinals weren't on TV when the Olympics weren't on, so I'm pretty sure it's just due to the fact that not enough people would watch and they wouldn't make money (or would lose too much) on it. Plus I heard that the affiliates can only preempt regular programming so many times per year, and if they broadcast the quarterfinals that would eat up more of those allowances, which they probably can't afford with the state basketball coverage coming up.
puck71
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Hockey