Ponder

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Ponder

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:47 am

Time to bring him in????
I say yes...Not Joe Webb....Ponder
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Ponder

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:59 am

Webb will get the chance before Ponder.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:17 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Webb will get the chance before Ponder.

I think you're wrong, and I haven't read anywhere that suggests Webb would play before Ponder.

I said this in a different thread, but I think you should start Ponder, not because there is nothing to lose in this so far dreadful season, but because I think he would be better than McNabb.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:20 pm

Flip wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Webb will get the chance before Ponder.

I think you're wrong, and I haven't read anywhere that suggests Webb would play before Ponder.

I said this in a different thread, but I think you should start Ponder, not because there is nothing to lose in this so far dreadful season, but because I think he would be better than McNabb.

I had heard that Webb would get the chance before Ponder because of what Webb was able to do towards the end of last season. Don't get me wrong...Ponder deserves the playing time too...but I think you got to go with Webb first, since he is considered the "backup" and Ponder the "3rd String". Just my opinion though.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:30 pm

I thought Ponder was the #2 QB.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:35 pm

Flip wrote:I thought Ponder was the #2 QB.

I thought I had heard Webb was...maybe I'm wrong.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:36 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
Flip wrote:I thought Ponder was the #2 QB.

I thought I had heard Webb was...maybe I'm wrong.

Just checked on ESPN...Ponder is considered the backup. I still think that Webb should get the start if Frazier ever gets up the guts to pull McNabb.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby classB4ever » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:37 pm

I believe Ponder will be in before Webb because of one person and his comments. Paul Allen. I believe PA has the inside track on what the coaches know and are thinking. After training camp PA flat out said that Webb is not an NFL quarterback. Webb's a great athlete and needs to get into games, but is not and will not ever be an NFL quarterback.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Heard on 740 "the fan" that Dungy told Frazier to Start Ponder last week...in other words for the Arizona game...Nabby keeps throwing way to low to avoid the pick.....(which is at least better than Favre) but its costing them first downs first......you take Ponder he will be more accurate with the Pass (how could you not be) and he'd be quicker to take the run if needed. Theres only one way The Vikes win some more games....a little more unpredictability and Mix it up, mix it up!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:07 pm

winner-within wrote:Heard on 740 "the fan" that Dungy told Frazier to Start Ponder last week

I don't know if he told him personally, but he said on TV.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison football73 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:18 pm

Ponder needs to start very soon. they need to get him ready for next year cuz he is going to learn anything from Mcnabb. the only way he is going to be ready for next season is to play this season. so yes Ponder should start this year. soon.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:24 pm

bison football73 wrote:Ponder needs to start very soon. they need to get him ready for next year cuz he is going to learn anything from Mcnabb. the only way he is going to be ready for next season is to play this season. so yes Ponder should start this year. soon.

Which is truthfully the same reason Tebow needed in
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:30 am

Looked Awesome in his first Start......Was he outta town the first 5 Games had they forgot they Drafted him with their ###1 pick. wow!!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:53 am

He didn't play bad, but if McNabb would have went 13-32 passing people would have all up in arms about it. I think most Vikings fans will cling to any sense of hope for the future and that's why everybody is worshiping Ponder at the moment.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:16 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:He didn't play bad, but if McNabb would have went 13-32 passing people would have all up in arms about it. I think most Vikings fans will cling to any sense of hope for the future and that's why everybody is worshiping Ponder at the moment.

Well if McNabb had thrown 13-32 his passing yards may not have reached 150 yards. Ponder wasn't afraid to let the ball fly. It was Ponder's first start on the BIG STAGE. Give him a few more...it'll be better than McNabb...that's a guarentee
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Hinsa » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:27 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:He didn't play bad, but if McNabb would have went 13-32 passing people would have all up in arms about it. I think most Vikings fans will cling to any sense of hope for the future and that's why everybody is worshiping Ponder at the moment.

Well if McNabb had thrown 13-32 his passing yards may not have reached 150 yards. Ponder wasn't afraid to let the ball fly. It was Ponder's first start on the BIG STAGE. Give him a few more...it'll be better than McNabb...that's a guarentee

The difference between a McNabb 13-32 and a Ponder 13-32 is that, as Run alluded to, Ponder wasn't missing on 5-yard dumpoffs or 10 yard curls or outs. Ponder was missing on downfield throws. When they said that his percentage was that bad I was very surprised because he hit on some very big passes that made it seem like his percentage was much higher.

I am very encouraged by the way he played, although with a week for Carolina to analyze film they'll know more of what to expect from Ponder next Sunday.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:49 pm

Agreed....I was also surprised to hear AP had 175 yds just the three point conversions alone added at least 75 of those yds he never got a chance to get Nabby!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:38 pm

I was very encouraged. You have to remember he's playing behind one of, if not, the worst OL in football. The ball came out on time, he could sense the pressure and when he was pressured he didn't sit there and stare at it, his eyes were downfield.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things