9-Man Elite Eight

The teams in 9 Man

Re: 9-Man Elite Eight

Postby d_fense » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Flip was just putting his opinion out there. He is entitled to it. I don't think he cares if it means anything to you ndlions fan.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby classB4ever » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:23 pm

d_fense wrote:Flip was just putting his opinion out there. He is entitled to it. I don't think he cares if it means anything to you ndlions fan.

On the WL-Napolean thread, there were numerous posts stating that Region 1 would sweep the first round. Another poster stated that the top 8 teams from Region 1 were better then the 2nd seed from Region 2, with people agreeing. I think we can lay that to rest now that Region 2 held its own against the Region 1 teams. Flip has been very adamant that Region 1 was far superior to all other regions and their top 2 teams may very well be. But I think it's safe to say that when playoffs come, nobody really knows.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:36 pm

I didn't say I know anything. I'm not dumb enough to come on here and say Cavalier has no shot of winning this week. I have zero bias towards any team remaining in the playoffs.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:40 pm

classB4ever wrote:On the WL-Napolean thread, there were numerous posts stating that Region 1 would sweep the first round. Another poster stated that the top 8 teams from Region 1 were better then the 2nd seed from Region 2, with people agreeing. I think we can lay that to rest now that Region 2 held its own against the Region 1 teams. Flip has been very adamant that Region 1 was far superior to all other regions and their top 2 teams may very well be. But I think it's safe to say that when playoffs come, nobody really knows.

w/o going back and looking at that thread I'm pretty some people agreed if the #1 seeds played each other and the #2 seeds played each other, etc. There was a decent chance region 1 would win all 4 games. I think I was the only one that picked region 1 every playoff game.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:46 pm

Flip wrote:I didn't say I know anything. I'm not dumb enough to come on here and say Cavalier has no shot of winning this week. I have zero bias towards any team remaining in the playoffs.

Well you know I have Zero Bias.....but I do recall you posting (and i can find it) that your not going with Cavalier because of a "certain Member" on this Forum..... that was of course during Basketball!!....maybe football erases bias, I don't Know....Like I said, if Hartz still has a flat Tire on Saturday.....it will be a long Saturday!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:50 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:If you haven't seen the other teams in question play all you're doing is basing your opinion on your favorite teams.

So when R4F picks every single game in every class if he hasn't seen them play he's picking his favorite team? I haven't seen Divide County play and I think they're going to be in the championship game, that doesn't mean they are my favorite west team.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:54 pm

winner-within wrote:Well you know I have Zero Bias.....but I do recall you posting (and i can find it) that your not going with Cavalier because of a "certain Member" on this Forum..... that was of course during Basketball!!....maybe football erases bias, I don't Know....Like I said, if Hartz still has a flat Tire on Saturday.....it will be a long Saturday!

You don't need to find I believe you. Last BB I thought Cavalier was the best team in region 2, this football season I think they are 3rd best team in the state. It is what I think. I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong in the future too.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:57 pm

Flip wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:If you haven't seen the other teams in question play all you're doing is basing your opinion on your favorite teams.

So when R4F picks every single game in every class if he hasn't seen them play he's picking his favorite team? I haven't seen Divide County play and I think they're going to be in the championship game, that doesn't mean they are my favorite west team.

Nobody can see all the teams and most are just going to take a pick on who will win them. What I was talking about is you being so adament that no other team can compare with the region 1 teams this year. Give credit where credit is due and there are many other great teams out there that aren't in Region 1. Like what was brought up in a previous post.....the top 8 teams in region 1 are better than the 2-4 seeds in region 2 garbage.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:02 pm

Halfway through the season I stated that there would be a surprise champion from the west this year and I went with CM. I'm sticking with that pick and have them winning on the road at Northstar in an upset this week 30-24. I think DC beats MR again in the other matchup out west 36-20. In the east, I said NB would be my surprise pick and knock off Nap in round two and I'm sticking with that, too. I'll go with 12-8 NB. The other east game is going to be a heck of a game and is really a tossup who wins, but I'll go wtih the home team and Cav's d to squeek out a win over WL 24-22.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:09 pm

classB4ever wrote:
d_fense wrote:Flip was just putting his opinion out there. He is entitled to it. I don't think he cares if it means anything to you ndlions fan.

On the WL-Napolean thread, there were numerous posts stating that Region 1 would sweep the first round. Another poster stated that the top 8 teams from Region 1 were better then the 2nd seed from Region 2, with people agreeing. I think we can lay that to rest now that Region 2 held its own against the Region 1 teams. Flip has been very adamant that Region 1 was far superior to all other regions and their top 2 teams may very well be. But I think it's safe to say that when playoffs come, nobody really knows.

There was also at least one poster who picked all region 2 teams if I recall corectly. I realize people do not like to think that their teams are not as good as teams from another area. But a region one sweep was not all that far fetched. Congrats to North Boarder and Cavalier. But remember it took a last second score and an unusually accurate day from their qb to beat LaMoure, and in talking to Cavalier fans after the game, their victory was much closer than the final score indicated. I don't think the other two games in the east where competitive, where they? I have not talked to anyone at either of those games, only seen the scores.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:41 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Nobody can see all the teams and most are just going to take a pick on who will win them.

This is why your previous statement of picking your favorite teams is not true.

What I was talking about is you being so adament that no other team can compare with the region 1 teams this year.

Top to bottom I don't think there was another region that could compare to region 1 this year.

Give credit where credit is due and there are many other great teams out there that aren't in Region 1.

I'm not sure there are any "great" teams in the state. Definetely some good ones. Cavalier, NB and DC are all pretty good.

Like what was brought up in a previous post.....the top 8 teams in region 1 are better than the 2-4 seeds in region 2 garbage.

That is a poor statement and I don't think anyone said it, I know it wasn't me.

Edit: I went back and looked and no one ever said the top 8 teams in region 1 are better than the 2-4 in region 2.
Last edited by Flip on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:45 pm

OT (like this thread isn't already): How do teams get video of their upcoming opponents?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:15 pm

On line film exchange.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:18 pm

Flip wrote:OT (like this thread isn't already): How do teams get video of their upcoming opponents?

From: http://www.ndhsaa.org/athletics/footbal ... egulations

RECOMMENDED VIDEO EXCHANGE:

Teams involved in the first round are encouraged to exchange videos of the two previous games or suitable substitutes as determined by the coaches involved.

Home teams involved in play-off games should video the games and distribute copies to the visiting team and to the opponent of the winning team for the next play-off game.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby defense1st » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:46 pm

Flip wrote:OT (like this thread isn't already): How do teams get video of their upcoming opponents?

www.sportsfilmexchange.com is a website used by many teams for a quick excange of videos.
defense1st
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:52 pm

defense1st wrote:

http://www.sportsfilmexchange.com is a website used by many teams for a quick excange of videos.

I know of a lot of people that use this website.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:57 pm

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:Well you know I have Zero Bias.....but I do recall you posting (and i can find it) that your not going with Cavalier because of a "certain Member" on this Forum..... that was of course during Basketball!!....maybe football erases bias, I don't Know....Like I said, if Hartz still has a flat Tire on Saturday.....it will be a long Saturday!

You don't need to find I believe you. Last BB I thought Cavalier was the best team in region 2, this football season I think they are 3rd best team in the state. It is what I think. I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong in the future too.

I would buy into anything.....Nap and NS.... Divide County and W-l......they could all easily be better than Cav then NB.....I don't know!!!
The one reason I am not comparing Cavalier to anyone as far as being better or worse is because they played A ball last year.....They had a nice run and sorta bombed in the last game.....this young Team has not exceeded expectations....they just didn't have to worry about it.....in the end their rated #1 (which could a come earlier) and they are focused.
Anybody on this forum who has their mind set on who they think is best, will never in a million years change their minds just because a few games get played and the theres a last man standing.....believe me! I've been a member of this forum long enough to know that.............. Everything's a Fluke!!!
I saw Wheaties on Sale at the store today!!! :wink:
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:49 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
Flip wrote:

Nobody can see all the teams and most are just going to take a pick on who will win them. What I was talking about is you being so adament that no other team can compare with the region 1 teams this year. Give credit where credit is due and there are many other great teams out there that aren't in Region 1. Like what was brought up in a previous post.....the top 8 teams in region 1 are better than the 2-4 seeds in region 2 garbage.

Now I am not saying that the 2-4 seeds in region 2 are garbage. IMO some of the non playoff teams in Region 1 were better than the 3 and 4 seeds from region 2. NGS could have easily won their game this weekend by 50 over NRS, but showed a lot of class. From the sounds of it WL left no doubt against Hillsboro either.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby classB4ever » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:36 pm

waterboy wrote:You could even go a step further and line up the next three teams in Region - Hankinson, Edgeley, and Richland. They could easily match up competively against NB, NRS, and Lakota.

Flip wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Nobody can see all the teams and most are just going to take a pick on who will win them.

What I was talking about is you being so adament that no other team can compare with the region 1 teams this year.

Top to bottom I don't think there was another region that could compare to region 1 this year.

Give credit where credit is due and there are many other great teams out there that aren't in Region 1.

I'm not sure there are any "great" teams in the state. Definetely some good ones. Cavalier, NB and DC are all pretty good.

Like what was brought up in a previous post.....the top 8 teams in region 1 are better than the 2-4 seeds in region 2 garbage.

Edit: I went back and looked and no one ever said the top 8 teams in region 1 are better than the 2-4 in region 2.

My mistake. Thought it was 8, was only 7.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby panthercub » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:02 am

classB4ever wrote:
waterboy wrote:You could even go a step further and line up the next three teams in Region - Hankinson, Edgeley, and Richland. They could easily match up competively against NB, NRS, and Lakota.

Flip wrote:

My mistake. Thought it was 8, was only 7.

Region 1? :roll: :lol: get reall NB could roll any of those 3 by 50+!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:42 pm

Nobody said the top 8 or top 7 teams could beat NB. All that crap is made up because the region 2 backers want to feel disrespected.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby classB4ever » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Flip wrote:Nobody said the top 8 or top 7 teams could beat NB. All that crap is made up because the region 2 backers want to feel disrespected.

Better take another look.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:56 pm

I looked at the whole thread and never saw it. Maybe I'm blind. quote and link it.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby classB4ever » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:04 pm

I already did that. Quoted it in front of yours a few back.
Listen, all I am doing is making a point of how hard it is to say one region is "so much" better then another region when there was no play outside of each region to compare. Your statement of a region 1 sweep being very possible and another of yours stating that region 1 is the best in the state, easily, just kind of set me off. You may be correct that from top to bottom they are. Just didn't sit right with me at the time.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:20 pm

"could match up" and "beat" are two different things. NB is better than those teams, the next 3 could compete with the other Region 2 teams mentioned.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man