FINAL WEEK of GAMES

The teams in Class AA.

Re: FINAL WEEK of GAMES

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:10 pm

wolves65 wrote:Run? sweet game because C Cass lost or just the game?

Just a sweet game! I have nothing against CC or Kindred in football...now BB that's a different story but that's with my bias to a different district 2 team.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby coolhandluke » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Lets do a top 5 reasons to keep your quarterback in when up by 30 or more: 5) Hanson needs the stats to play small college football. 4) Years of other teams laughing while beating you by 30-40 (VC among them) have slightly altered your thought pattern. 3) You teach math in Grafton and thought that being up by 30 was only a 2 possession game. 2) It's getting closer to Christmas and thoughts of state championships are dancing in your head. AND #1) You remembered what Al Davis once said, "You don't adjust. You just dominate." Please, lighten up on the coach and his team, and don't take my comments too seriously. Grafton is a great football team, and I am hoping they can pull it off this year. Good luck to all.
coolhandluke
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thewanderer » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:08 pm

coolhandluke wrote:Lets do a top 5 reasons to keep your quarterback in when up by 30 or more: 5) Hanson needs the stats to play small college football. 4) Years of other teams laughing while beating you by 30-40 (VC among them) have slightly altered your thought pattern. 3) You teach math in Grafton and thought that being up by 30 was only a 2 possession game. 2) It's getting closer to Christmas and thoughts of state championships are dancing in your head. AND #1) You remembered what Al Davis once said, "You don't adjust. You just dominate." Please, lighten up on the coach and his team, and don't take my comments too seriously. Grafton is a great football team, and I am hoping they can pull it off this year. Good luck to all.

hind site is 20/20 in these scenarios. if you are trying to be funny, it was a little humerous. if not, a few counter points. Maus got thru the season with few injury woes. again, my bias is in hind sight. these kids along with coach maus have been buiding this team for 3 years. the upperclassmen have only been playing a half game most of the season. for one, they do deseve the minutes on the field.(pretty hard work over the years to get 12 to 24 minutes a game depending on whether you play both ways) its almost like getting penalized for their successes 2. Along the same lines, they havent played a full game for over a month. Assuming the playoffs will be tougher, not a bad idea to give the starters a reminder that games will come that dont end at half time. arguing about a past event that didnt happen makes no sense. Maus made a calculated decision that worked out just fine. alot of if's in life. Your little jabs at hanson and maus(if serious) seem a little childish given their and the teams accomplishments this year. especially when it seems from your posts that you are a grafton fan of some sort. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:31 pm

thewanderer wrote:
coolhandluke wrote:Lets do a top 5 reasons to keep your quarterback in when up by 30 or more: 5) Hanson needs the stats to play small college football. 4) Years of other teams laughing while beating you by 30-40 (VC among them) have slightly altered your thought pattern. 3) You teach math in Grafton and thought that being up by 30 was only a 2 possession game. 2) It's getting closer to Christmas and thoughts of state championships are dancing in your head. AND #1) You remembered what Al Davis once said, "You don't adjust. You just dominate." Please, lighten up on the coach and his team, and don't take my comments too seriously. Grafton is a great football team, and I am hoping they can pull it off this year. Good luck to all.

hind site is 20/20 in these scenarios. if you are trying to be funny, it was a little humerous. if not, a few counter points. Maus got thru the season with few injury woes. again, my bias is in hind sight. these kids along with coach maus have been buiding this team for 3 years. the upperclassmen have only been playing a half game most of the season. for one, they do deseve the minutes on the field.(pretty hard work over the years to get 12 to 24 minutes a game depending on whether you play both ways) its almost like getting penalized for their successes 2. Along the same lines, they havent played a full game for over a month. Assuming the playoffs will be tougher, not a bad idea to give the starters a reminder that games will come that dont end at half time. arguing about a past event that didnt happen makes no sense. Maus made a calculated decision that worked out just fine. alot of if's in life. Your little jabs at hanson and maus(if serious) seem a little childish given their and the teams accomplishments this year. especially when it seems from your posts that you are a grafton fan of some sort. JMHO

In Sports you will always be penalized for success, whats nice about a team that was imagined 3 years back and it actually happens, is "it actually is taking place as planed" its like planning to go to the Moon and it actually happens as planned. If it doesn't it means you crashed. Theres one level of athlete in ND there are 4 classes of Football.....and there are Teams and Towns that come and go.....so if its your time to Shine....Shine!!!! :D
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:42 pm

Button :D
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:43 pm

thewanderer wrote:

Well said wander
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby VOTCC » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:12 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
ndfan wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
old#63 wrote:Are all the games in the East and West getting played on Tuesday the 18th?

As far as I know they are ALL on the 18th! Class AAA plays games on the 18th and the 19th.

I know Bishop Ryan and St Marys play on the 19th.

What is the reason they are allowed to play on a Wednesday?

I don't know. They did last year too.

Well it is NDEA weekend..so there usually isn't any church events schedule and no school the next two days. So that is why the last week of the season can be played on this Wednesday.

JMO, it would seem to me that all AA & AAA teams would take advantage of playing on Wednesday instead of Tuesday for 3 obvious reasons: 1) They just played Friday--extra day of rest/prep time for next game 2)Playoff teams don't need 10 days off before they play again 3)No school on Thursday--makes traveling much easier on Wednesday night--for those that have to travel(obviously doesn't include 2 Fargo's or Bismarck's playing each other)
VOTCC
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:31 am

".....so if its your time to Shine....Shine!!!!"

I agree, I don't have a problem with Grafton tacking on another score but there was around 5 min. to go in the game. Hanson was running option so he was free game to get lick after a pitch.
Not too smart going for a championship run in my opinion.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby thewanderer » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:09 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:".....so if its your time to Shine....Shine!!!!"

I agree, I don't have a problem with Grafton tacking on another score but there was around 5 min. to go in the game. Hanson was running option so he was free game to get lick after a pitch.
Not too smart going for a championship run in my opinion.

Putting the shoe on the other foot, i agree with this as well. if he would have gotten a season ending injury many poeple would be playing the blame game. Fact still is, he didnt. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby coolhandluke » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:39 pm

thewanderer wrote:

IF you ever watch Letterman's top 10 lists, you do realize they exist solely as an attempt at humor. Scenarios? No, pure smart aleck actually. Hindsight has nothing to do with a goofy made up top 5 list. I took approximately 2 minutes to type something rapidly as a joke. I guess I didn't analyze it. My mistake, now I will. I should've definitely said "Someone" needed the stats - not Hanson, but thought of him 'cause of G. Guru's post, any starter in the game would have sufficed. The small college comment is because although the "want to" exists, it's not usually realistic. Next, Grafton has a pretty decent group of math teachers, just needed another comment that fit the "why?" they may have left an all-state QB in. Next, it has happened, Valley City, among others, has beaten us pretty handily at times, and revenge is sweet. I guess I didn't research in my 2 minute time frame if our past defeats were by 10-20-30 or more, just threw that out there too. It's not sort of, I am a Grafton fan. Take a joke. They are going to win state (JMO), as long as the team stays healthy, they just have too many weapons. I will be there cheering them on.
coolhandluke
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thewanderer » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:45 pm

coolhandluke wrote:
thewanderer wrote:

IF you ever watch Letterman's top 10 lists, you do realize they exist solely as an attempt at humor. Scenarios? No, pure smart aleck actually. Hindsight has nothing to do with a goofy made up top 5 list. I took approximately 2 minutes to type something rapidly as a joke. I guess I didn't analyze it. My mistake, now I will. I should've definitely said "Someone" needed the stats - not Hanson, but thought of him 'cause of G. Guru's post, any starter in the game would have sufficed. The small college comment is because although the "want to" exists, it's not usually realistic. Next, Grafton has a pretty decent group of math teachers, just needed another comment that fit the "why?" they may have left an all-state QB in. Next, it has happened, Valley City, among others, has beaten us pretty handily at times, and revenge is sweet. I guess I didn't research in my 2 minute time frame if our past defeats were by 10-20-30 or more, just threw that out there too. It's not sort of, I am a Grafton fan. Take a joke. They are going to win state (JMO), as long as the team stays healthy, they just have too many weapons. I will be there cheering them on.

Glad to here. I will be cheering my ice off as well. Go spoilers. I apologize for taking your post as criticism. the hindsight i was refering to was my comments, in hindsight, after the decision to sit or play the starters worked out ok . One problem with written communication vs verbal comm. is that it is hard to know the tone of a post. Could be taken in many different ways. Thats why i included these quotes to leave the interpretation open.
if you are trying to be funny, it was a little humerous. if not, a few counter points.
and
(if serious) seem a little childish
Now that i know it was in jest, i did find the humor in it. Remember not everyone is going to read things the way that they were intended by the poster. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to AA