Coaching with Class

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Coaching with Class

Postby Flip » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:31 pm

clipguy wrote:I find it strange how NDHSAA can figure out how to have mercy rule in football, but will have huge point spreads in basketball with the shot clock. Beach girls will have a hay day.

so you think last year when they put up 130 on Ray they were running more than 30 seconds off the clock before they shot?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby kiper » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:36 pm

Flip wrote:
clipguy wrote:I find it strange how NDHSAA can figure out how to have mercy rule in football, but will have huge point spreads in basketball with the shot clock. Beach girls will have a hay day.

so you think last year when they put up 130 on Ray they were running more than 30 seconds off the clock before they shot?

im sorry but this is about football not girls basketball, no one cares about girls basketball
kiper
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:37 pm

kiper wrote:
Flip wrote:

im sorry but this is about football not girls basketball, no one cares about girls basketball

Even though this is the football thread...I do find that the Beach situation from last year in GBB does fall under 'Coaching with Class'.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:31 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
kiper wrote:
Flip wrote:

Even though this is the football thread...I do find that the Beach situation from last year in GBB does fall under 'Coaching with Class'.

Agreed. And I care about girls basketball.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:24 pm

OK. You tell me what you think of this one.

36-0 with 6 minutes to go in the game. Both teams with starters still in the game. Trailing team scores to make it 36-6, now under 6 minutes to go. Starting offense and starting defense sent back on the field after the ensuing kickoff and on the first play the team ahead throws the ball.

OK or classless by the team ahead?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby footballchicken » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:01 pm

its the playoffs - stop them from scoring and make the game closer.

the team that is up (like mentioned in earlier posts) might want to try some things while they have the cushion - who cares if it is a pass play. What made pass plays so bad when up big...? But to some, if you dont run FB dives with your second string, their feelings might get hurt - WAAAA WAAA :cry:

(Not geared towards you Hinsa, just my thoughts about...i know you were jsut throwing it out there....but if you thoguht it was classless, it wasnt)
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Hinsa wrote:OK. You tell me what you think of this one.

36-0 with 6 minutes to go in the game. Both teams with starters still in the game. Trailing team scores to make it 36-6, now under 6 minutes to go. Starting offense and starting defense sent back on the field after the ensuing kickoff and on the first play the team ahead throws the ball.

OK or classless by the team ahead?

If the team ahead is trying to run the clock out I'm ok with it. If Hillsboro runs out 9 new players and WL keeps their starters in then I have a problem.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to 9 - Man