South Border vs. Cavalier

The teams in 9 Man

South Border vs. Cavalier

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:40 pm

Any thoughts on this game? Cavalier is the heavy favorite coming in, but SB is very toughj. How does everyone see this game played out? SB has a very good QB/RB combination in Jacobson/Bosch, also their D is very quick and athletic, if not really big.
Last edited by EHS1998 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Re: South Border vs. Cavalier

Postby SBFan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:50 pm

There is always a chance. 3 years ago SB was the #4 out of Region 1 and went up and played NB the #1 from their region. NB was picked to win by 42 points. SB beat NB by 42. So anything can happen.
SBFan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:54 pm

SBFan wrote:There is always a chance. 3 years ago SB was the #4 out of Region 1 and went up and played NB the #1 from their region. NB was picked to win by 42 points. SB beat NB by 42. So anything can happen.

Agreed, I phrased that wrong. Didnt mean anything against SB, who I think is a very good team. I have just heard Cavalier is very tough.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:31 pm

SBFan wrote:There is always a chance. 3 years ago SB was the #4 out of Region 1 and went up and played NB the #1 from their region. NB was picked to win by 42 points. SB beat NB by 42. So anything can happen.

NB was #2 from region 3 that year. I can't remember off hand who was #1, but the #1 seed whould have had a bye.

edit: Dakota Prairie was #1 from region 3 that year and lost 48-6 to Oakes in the 2nd round.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby witherspoon » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:14 pm

SB seems to be a smash mouth football team and Cavalier seems to be a bit more athletic so it could come down to determination, who wants it more.
witherspoon
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:32 pm

witherspoon wrote:SB seems to be a smash mouth football team and Cavalier seems to be a bit more athletic so it could come down to determination, who wants it more.

They can throw a little bit too. Jacobson is in his 3rd year starting at QB and had a game early in the season with 5 TD passes vs SC.

What type of offense does Cavalier run?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:13 pm

Cavalier isn't into giving points away. Thier true Starters gave up few Td's this season. Most scoring by opponents came later in the Game..............It takes a whole team to win it all...AAA-AA-A-9-man....proven year in year out...Defense Drives the train, Egos and attitudes and Glory spoil all opportunities for Victory and ultimately the Victor....The best team in the State, any State is (like in the Olympics, whether the judges were unfair or not) the one Standing on the top tier when the last Game or event is played, its simple, yet its real challenging and difficult.
We have know Idea what any horse is thinking before the race has started.....although its normal to think that if even the best Horse thinks it will be a sure thing.....well you know...is it???
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ratman » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:11 am

I'm not trying to be mean or call you out winner, but do you put these type of posts on here for cavalier's players to read or do you just like saying stuff like this?
ratman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:42 am

ratman wrote:I'm not trying to be mean or call you out winner, but do you put these type of posts on here for cavalier's players to read or do you just like saying stuff like this?

Great question.....I put them on for anyone to read (obviously) they don't pertain to Cavalier Tornadoes they pertain to High School Sports....a missed opportunity is a missed opportunity....when analyzing after the fact a player does not want to feel any weight on their shoulders (been there) they want to know the gave their all.

"Supposed to Win".....and Won/Lost are three different things.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:42 pm

winner-within wrote:
ratman wrote:I'm not trying to be mean or call you out winner, but do you put these type of posts on here for cavalier's players to read or do you just like saying stuff like this?

Great question.....I put them on for anyone to read (obviously) they don't pertain to Cavalier Tornadoes they pertain to High School Sports....a missed opportunity is a missed opportunity....when analyzing after the fact a player does not want to feel any weight on their shoulders (been there) they want to know the gave their all.

ratman, one day when you graduate and grow up, you will understand the complexity of winner's posts.
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Big Coot » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:05 am

winner-within wrote:Cavalier isn't into giving points away. Thier true Starters gave up few Td's this season. Most scoring by opponents came later in the Game..............It takes a whole team to win it all...AAA-AA-A-9-man....proven year in year out...Defense Drives the train, Egos and attitudes and Glory spoil all opportunities for Victory and ultimately the Victor....The best team in the State, any State is (like in the Olympics, whether the judges were unfair or not) the one Standing on the top tier when the last Game or event is played, its simple, yet its real challenging and difficult.
We have know Idea what any horse is thinking before the race has started.....although its normal to think that if even the best Horse thinks it will be a sure thing.....well you know...is it???

Whiner-within has a way to conflict his own words, not that long ago he posted on me that it only takes 5 or 6 "weightlifters" to be a strong team and in his quote above "it takes a whole team to win it all". I am
not that familar with Cavalier but they were slightly overrated last year so we shall see after today!
Big Coot
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ratman » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:47 pm

thewanderer wrote:
winner-within wrote:

ratman, one day when you graduate and grow up, you will understand the complexity of winner's posts.
I don't feel like you know me but when I turn 30 I'll come back and read these posts and gain some knowledge to teach my children.
ratman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wombat » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:31 pm

0-0 end of 1st qtr
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wombat » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:45 pm

Cavalier had a 60 yd td called back. Now in the red zone
Mitch Greenwood

Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wombat » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:48 pm

Touchdown Cavalier, 2 pt good. 8-0 with 5:17 to go in first half
Mitch Greenwood

Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wombat » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:05 pm

Cavalier scored through the air going about 60 yards on the drive in under a minute. 14-0 at halftime.
Mitch Greenwood

Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wombat » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:27 pm

Mustangs answer early in 2nd half. 62 yd td pass makes it 14-6. 2 pt conversion no good
Mitch Greenwood

Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wombat » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:33 pm

4th and 10: cavalier throws a 28 yd td, conversion good. 22-6 with 8 mins left in 3rd
Mitch Greenwood

Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vball10 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:03 pm

Does anybody have a final score on this game?
vball10
NDPreps Starter

Postby thewanderer » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:23 pm

ratman wrote:
thewanderer wrote:
winner-within wrote:

I don't feel like you know me but when I turn 30 I'll come back and read these posts and gain some knowledge to teach my children.

you will be surpised how fast 12 years will go.
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:54 pm

vball10 wrote:Does anybody have a final score on this game?

30 to 6
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man