Tyler Rivard best player in class AA?

The teams in Class AA.

Tyler Rivard best player in class AA?

Postby gunslinger13 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:44 pm

?
LOVE ME SEXY:P
gunslinger13
NDPreps Starter

Re: Tyler Rivard best player in class AA?

Postby thewanderer » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:01 pm

i have only seen him play against Grafton. He did not have a "best player in state" game vs the spoilers. Does he have impressive stats? Shanley gives him a lot a run attempts. Good player.
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Runninganalyzer » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:53 pm

No
Runninganalyzer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wolves65 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:14 pm

my vote goes to the Hansen kid from Grafton!
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:51 pm

wolves65 wrote:my vote goes to the Hansen kid from Grafton!

Yep!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:06 pm

wolves65 wrote:my vote goes to the Hansen kid from Grafton!

I'm not even sure if he is the best player on his team. But he is a excellent player no doubt.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby preps12 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:26 am

#24 for VC is where its at!
preps12
NDPreps Starter

Postby objectsinmirror » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:46 am

The thouchdown that Hanson threw to Jiskra in the front corner of the endzone in Cooperstown was an absolute rope, and on the run as well. The footwork and catch by Jiskra were equally amazing, but certainly not unexpected. The skill players for the Spoilers this year, across the board, are very solid. This amount of talent on the field at one time doesn't happen very often, not to mention how well the O line has gelled. The stars may be alligning for the Spoiler gridders this year...hope they can take advantage.
objectsinmirror
NDPreps Reserve

Postby old#63 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:55 am

objectsinmirror wrote:The thouchdown that Hanson threw to Jiskra in the front corner of the endzone in Cooperstown was an absolute rope, and on the run as well. The footwork and catch by Jiskra were equally amazing, but certainly not unexpected. The skill players for the Spoilers this year, across the board, are very solid. This amount of talent on the field at one time doesn't happen very often, not to mention how well the O line has gelled. The stars may be alligning for the Spoiler gridders this year...hope they can take advantage.

Gotta say, that was a pretty thing to watch. :D
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby gunslinger13 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:38 pm

Hanson is a impressive player but i feel like he is not even the best player on is team #1 for grafton (not sure how to spell his name) seemed to be there biggest threat on offense and also who is #24 for Valley City im not sure who you are talking about.
gunslinger13
NDPreps Starter

Postby objectsinmirror » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:54 pm

gunslinger13 wrote:Hanson is a impressive player but i feel like he is not even the best player on is team [b]#1 for grafton (not sure how to spell his name) seemed to be there biggest threat on offense [/b]and also who is #24 for Valley City im not sure who you are talking about.

"The One" is Adam Jiskra...super ball skills.
objectsinmirror
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:59 pm

gunslinger13 wrote:Hanson is a impressive player but i feel like he is not even the best player on is team #1 for grafton (not sure how to spell his name) seemed to be there biggest threat on offense and also who is #24 for Valley City im not sure who you are talking about.

#24 from VC is Bradyn Heck...IMO not a top player in Class AA.

I find it interesting that there are all these names from the East...how about someone from the West? Bottineau or Carrington??
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Indy5 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
gunslinger13 wrote:Hanson is a impressive player but i feel like he is not even the best player on is team #1 for grafton (not sure how to spell his name) seemed to be there biggest threat on offense and also who is #24 for Valley City im not sure who you are talking about.

#24 from VC is Bradyn Heck...IMO not a top player in Class AA.

I find it interesting that there are all these names from the East...how about someone from the West? Bottineau or Carrington??

Carrington doesn't have a star player really. Bottineau also doesn't really have anyone you could call the best in the state. McCloud, LeCroix, and Bowers are all very good players, but not really best in the state.

I'd say the best player in the west is probably Herald from St Marys.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby gunslinger13 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:13 am

iv heard good things about the St. Marys quaterback preston tescher ( not sure of spelling) does anyone have any stats or insight about him
gunslinger13
NDPreps Starter

Postby preps12 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:21 am

Its Brandyn Heck and he is a pretty good player defensively offensively his line doesn't help him out
preps12
NDPreps Starter

Postby thewanderer » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:43 am

preps12 wrote:Its Brandyn Heck and he is a pretty good player defensively offensively his line doesn't help him out

where is this kid from, what positions?
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:44 am

thewanderer wrote:
preps12 wrote:Its Brandyn Heck and he is a pretty good player defensively offensively his line doesn't help him out

where is this kid from, what positions?

Valley City
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Indy5 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:41 pm

gunslinger13 wrote:iv heard good things about the St. Marys quaterback preston tescher ( not sure of spelling) does anyone have any stats or insight about him

He's a pretty good player. All state last year as a junior. I haven't been impressed enough with him to be a top player in the state. A good player nonetheless.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:33 pm

to me, there is no clear cut top player in state. Certain positions like QB and RB get alot of press so kids at those positions get talked about most. A good lineman or linebacker could be one of the best players in state as well but many times go uncreditted. By the end of the season there should be a few players that rise to the top. statiscally speaking, the kids that start for Grafton have only been playing a little more than half a game each week. there are alot of variables that could be considered. As far as i am concerned the number one team in the state is the award that means the most. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:12 pm

thewanderer wrote:to me, there is no clear cut top player in state. Certain positions like QB and RB get alot of press so kids at those positions get talked about most. A good lineman or linebacker could be one of the best players in state as well but many times go uncreditted. By the end of the season there should be a few players that rise to the top. statiscally speaking, the kids that start for Grafton have only been playing a little more than half a game each week. there are alot of variables that could be considered. As far as i am concerned the number one team in the state is the award that means the most. JMHO

I agree with this, I remember chatting with young man who played in the CFL in Saskatchewan ....He said it like this,
The Football fields at every level are full of real good players, but as you try take it to the next level the Competition and Skill level go up too...We all know this....What he said the difference is, is that You will run across a Player that is essentially a Freak of Nature...This Player is the same size as the next guy, but Can Bench 400 instead of the 325 average, he can out run out jump and out play the rest of them, Oh yea, and he's Smart and knows the Game....we know there are (and I'll use the most hip phrase) Plenty of "Beast's" out there.
But is there a FREAK...a guy that steps on the field and everybody goes "oh oh" :shock:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby yzgy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:39 pm

I don't think you can call a legitimate best player in high school ball. They don't face all of the same teams and there aren't enough games to become consistant. Your good players have to perform well all of the time and the opponents scout these players to try to "contain" them. As the number of "good" players on a team grows so does their success level. What is next to impossible to do is to prepare for the "wild card" player that comes off the bench and has a career game and becomes that game breaker. How many great plays or great games in a high school year or career consitutes "The Best Player"? One must remember that this is a team sport and there is only one coveted award---the state championship! The only individual award that should be given out is a participation award. Whose job is it to call the best in class? Crown the champions (plural) after the games are all done.
yzgy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Spread O » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:34 am

Best two players from each team.
The Spread O
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thewanderer » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:56 am

The Spread O wrote:Best two players from each team.

the best two players on Graftons team are the Fence brothers

Of and Def
Last edited by thewanderer on Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:31 am

thewanderer wrote:

the best two players on Graftons team are..................................

O and D

I like that... :D :D ...but whos their best Fan, Man???? :P
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:48 am

Its really not Best Player....Its Impact...
...and 1 or 2 players from a team may have a Fierce Impact on It....Who walks off the field 2 mins into he game and says "I'm Done for the night" and the the other team goes
We got em now!!
Still a though question isn't it.....

Example, Cavalier North Border Play up in Pembina...Brown isn't playing...Cavalier wins game...Would have they lost with Brown on the field????
Now lets say the Game would have been in Cavalier (home field advantage factor) and Brown would have played would have Cavalier still won.

Bottom line, Best player??? No, Best Team!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to AA