Bismarck vs. Mandan, #1 vs. #2

The teams in Class AAA

Bismarck vs. Mandan, #1 vs. #2

Postby SportsBro17 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:45 am

Now that the table is set for an undefeated match-up between the state's two top ranked teams, Bismarck High and Mandan, who gets the edge? Both teams are coming off big wins, and seem to be playing some very good football. A few questions about the game...

What's the X-Factor- ex. Mandan O-line vs BHS D-Line, Janz and company against experienced BHS secondary, Coyle compared to Jolliffe, .. What do you think it will be?

On an overall scale who's better Mandan's O or Bismarck's D?

Who do you have winning?

I say look for Janz to not do as well as he did last year against BHS, but he should still have a good game just because he is a great player. If Coyle tries to rely on Janz too much I think BHS will get some interceptions that could be turning points. It will be interesting to see how Mandan's D-line matches up with Bismarck's O-line. In my opinion, it's the best game of the year so far, and (again my opinion) will definitely decide the west region champion. I have Bismarck High winning 34-26.
SportsBro17
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Bismarck vs. Mandan, #1 vs. #2

Postby T$$ » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:24 am

Regardless of who wins this game BHS will go farther in the playoffs. I can see Mandan winning this game as thheir seniors are winners and winning this game means more to them than BHS. BHS has an edge in coaching. NOTHING against Mandans coaches as BHS has a coaching edge against everyone. My prediction is either Mandan wins a close game or BHS wins by 14 plus.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbfollower » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:06 pm

So only the seniors for Mandan are winners, is that what you are trying to say? I think this whole team are winners and I think they have the winning attitude and all want it badly.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:22 pm

bbfollower wrote:So only the seniors for Mandan are winners, is that what you are trying to say? I think this whole team are winners and I think they have the winning attitude and all want it badly.

I think he was comparing Mandan's seniors with Bismarck's seniors with that comment
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby powercat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:18 am

In my opinion Bismarck wins this game by more than one touchdown. After watching these two teams play against Jamestown I will say Bismarck is better. Jamestown scored two touchdowns on Mandan, and one of the touchdowns was against the 1 defense. Jamestown had no chance of scoring against any of bismarck's defensive packages. Mandan is good but I think they aren't as good as Century either and will settle out at number 3 overall.
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:17 pm

IMO, it comes down to the mental errors on this game. I'll take Mandan at home under 3 pts.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:00 pm

This was a great game and I feel that these are the two best teams in the state.

I agree with someone who posted before in that Gibson is a better coach than O'Brien, however, I feel that Mandan may have better overall athletes which carried them to success. As an example, on a 4th and inches, Mandan went to a reserve running back instead of Seth Westby, Brady Skytland, or even Devin Coyle running. Those type of coaching errors could cost Mandan in the play offs. I hope Mandan pulls it out though.

Go Braves!
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby T$$ » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:49 pm

bbfollower wrote:So only the seniors for Mandan are winners, is that what you are trying to say? I think this whole team are winners and I think they have the winning attitude and all want it badly.

Let me explain my quote. I meant no disrespect to the other Mandan classes but their Seniors this year are the best group of all around athletes to come through that school in decades. If you can give me and example of a better class from Mandan I'd be happy to hear you out. Without Westby, Coyle, and Janz they probably aren't even a play-off team and with them they have a very good chance to win it all. I know they also have several other key players from the Senior Class as well.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby demons12345 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:54 pm

I think Bismarck wins the game when they play again. Obviously I am biased towards BHS (demons12345). Bismarck has the edge in coaching. O'Brien had some stupid calls in that Bismarck game. 4th down and you don't give the ball to one of your best players? I mean come on you have three studs that could have ran it and you don't give it to one of them? Plus i believe the game will not be in Mandan which is big advantage. It's tough to play over in Mandan, especially when they have a quality team like this year. I think BHS will figure it out as they always do and come out on top. Give the ball to Johs 40 times and let him pound it out.
demons12345
NDPreps Reserve

Return to AAA