Boys Soccer Poll 2011 TOP 8 For State

Boys Soccer Poll 2011 TOP 8 For State

Postby Insidethebox » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:12 am

Half way through the season and something’s having changed while others are holding true.
In the East West Fargo definitely showing they are returning State Champions and are a force to do it again, but they will have to go through Shanley who brings a lot of talent and game giving them another undefeated season so far. The final two spots is going to be fun to watch. Davies looks to be a shoe in if they can keep in sync. South and Central showing signs that they are capable to fill in as well. Red River and North are struggling. So for the East:

Shanley
West Fargo
Davies
South
Central
Red River
North

The West is turning out to be the Wild West. Bismarck High is kicking ball and taking names as they are in route to and undefeated conference play but teams like St Mary’s is showing they want to be contenders as well with an upset victory over Century, now they just have to beat Bismarck Central. Century returning most players from last years second place finish haven’t lived up to expectations. Century needs to turn things around while they have the talent. Minot continues to be a threat but needs to improve to compete for one of the top spots. Jamestown and Mandan have a few good players but just not enough to compete for a State spot.

Bismarck
St. Mary’s
Century
Minot
Mandan
Jamestown

As far as ranking for the States top 8

Shanley
Bismarck
West Fargo
St Mary’s
Century
Minot
Davies
South
Insidethebox
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Boys Soccer Poll 2011 TOP 8 For State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:37 am

I would say:

1. Fargo Shanley
2. West Fargo
3. Bismarck
4. Bismarck St. Mary's
5. Bismarck Century
6. Fargo Davies
7. Fargo South
8. Minot
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby MHSmagi » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:24 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:I would say:

1. Fargo Shanley
2. West Fargo
3. Bismarck
4. Bismarck St. Mary's
5. Bismarck Century
6. Fargo Davies
7. Fargo South
8. Minot

Run, how can you see Minot at 8, although they have played inconsistent, they have a good record and they beat St. Mary's and South, and arguably should have beat Davies in their tie. They are currently tied with St. Mary's for 2nd in the west also.
MHSmagi
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lovefutbol » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:23 pm

Okay, Magi. Let's hear your top 8.
lovefutbol
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Insidethebox » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:35 pm

MHSmagi wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:I would say:

1. Fargo Shanley
2. West Fargo
3. Bismarck
4. Bismarck St. Mary's
5. Bismarck Century
6. Fargo Davies
7. Fargo South
8. Minot

Run, how can you see Minot at 8, although they have played inconsistent, they have a good record and they beat St. Mary's and South, and arguably should have beat Davies in their tie. They are currently tied with St. Mary's for 2nd in the west also.

I agree with Magi, South and Davies have not proven themselves against good competition and Minot beat South in a shoot out. Davies tied Minot and has not necessarily given a reason why they would be better than Minot now. After tonight we will see who is better between Minot and Century. As early mentioned in my poll I see Century the better.
Insidethebox
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MHSmagi » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:20 pm

I would say
1. BHS
2. Shanly
3. St. Mary's
4. Century
5. Minot
6. West Fargo
7. Davies
8. South
I know minot lost to West Fargo but I see them as a better team because they didn't have one of the Annon brothers and also their main defender and goalie weren't playing when WF scored. A few other starters are currently injured so when they get back i could see them possibly being 4th in the state.
MHSmagi
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Insidethebox » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:00 pm

MHSmagi wrote:I would say
1. BHS
2. Shanly
3. St. Mary's
4. Century
5. Minot
6. West Fargo
7. Davies
8. South
I know minot lost to West Fargo but I see them as a better team because they didn't have one of the Annon brothers and also their main defender and goalie weren't playing when WF scored. A few other starters are currently injured so when they get back i could see them possibly being 4th in the state.

Ok so I with you for Minot for #5 but why Shanley #2 after they beat Bismarck and remain the only undefeated team in ND? Granted they tied St Mary’s but this is after three games in two days and the second game in a very windy day that controlled most of the play.
Insidethebox
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MHSmagi » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:34 am

I guess I could see first going either way with BHS and Shanley but the reason I have BHS on top is because they are dominating in the West right now and when they beat mhs 2-0 the 2nd goal was a shot that should have been saved, and both times they scored that game Minot had a lot of their subs in. I'm not saying that's why Minot lost. Minot lost because they couldn't score but Shanley just doesn't look as good as Bismarck to me.
MHSmagi
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:14 am

MHSmagi wrote:I guess I could see first going either way with BHS and Shanley but the reason I have BHS on top is because they are dominating in the West right now and when they beat mhs 2-0 the 2nd goal was a shot that should have been saved, and both times they scored that game Minot had a lot of their subs in. I'm not saying that's why Minot lost. Minot lost because they couldn't score but Shanley just doesn't look as good as Bismarck to me.

Have you seen Shanley play...more than one game?
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby MHSmagi » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:53 pm

No I have not, that is why I say I could see first going either way.
MHSmagi
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Insidethebox » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:29 am

So with Century winning over Bismarck where does that put them? Right now I feel that Century is the team to beat in the West as it appears Bismarck is resting on the kick and chase to score offense. So the poll after this week should be:

Shanley (Still the only unbeaten)
WF (putting up some dominating scores)
Century
Bismarck
St Mary's
Minot
Davies
South
Insidethebox
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MHSmagi » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:27 pm

Insidethebox- I completely agree with you except for where you have WF. What makes you see them so high up there?
MHSmagi
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Insidethebox » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:08 pm

MHSmagi wrote:Insidethebox- I completely agree with you except for where you have WF. What makes you see them so high up there?

After review I more realistically would but WF after Bismarck and Century and maybe even St. Mary's in accordance with there records. Century will bring on a well balanced formation but will still struggle with their youth. Bismarck needs to be less one dimensional, and Minot needs more depth.

Shanley appears to be beatable with a loss against Moorhead but still remains the best team in the State. So into the final week of conference play I see it :

Shanley (shaky but holding will need to prove themselves this week then into State)
Bismarck (to one dimensional to be the #1)
Century (not a convincing enough win over Bismarck to put them in #2)
St. Mary's ( convincing win and a tie at the WF invitational)
West Fargo (putting up good numbers but not winning the important games against the higher seed teams)
Minot (may have an edge over Davies because of the victory over St Mary's but could go either way)
Davies (separating away from the rest of the EDC but no major victories)
South (continues to improve and will be a factor at State)
Insidethebox
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Insidethebox » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:43 pm

Big night tonight for seeding in the East. What’s up for grabs is first and second seed as well as who will get third and fourth.

Shanley is not playing but could lose the first place seed to WF if they win over South by more than a three goal differential and (has to be both) a Davies lose to RR. WF otherwise will remain in second.

South can keep third with a win over WF or a loss by Davies. Davis will need to finish with a win over Red River to be in third or relinquish to fourth.

Exciting times for Soccer I wish the best to all the teams.

This weekend we will find out the West and the bracket for State Next Weekend (already).

I see it ending:
Shanley
WF
Davies
South

West
Bismarck over Century for First and Century Second
Play in game St. Mary’s over Mandan and Minot over Jamestown with St. Mary's winning the third place seed and Minot getting the fourth.
Insidethebox
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:25 pm

State Tourney is SET!

W1 Bismarck Century vs. E4 Fargo Davies
E2 West Fargo vs. W3 Bismarck St. Mary's

E1 Fargo Shanley vs. W4 Minot
W2 Bismarck vs. E3 Fargo South
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to Soccer