8. Kade Ross (Watford City)
9. Kennedy Rude (Langdon Area)
10. Lauren Christenson (Rugby)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 4th XC Poll

Postby Dakotaguy28 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:40 pm

Regarding Class B Girls:

Brooklyn Zinc (Hillsboro) deserves some recognition in the next poll. She has been running very well as of late. She has also beaten some ranked opponents.

The way I see it there are about nine runners that are competing for the title. (Sorry if I missed someone, this is just my humble opinion thus far through the season. Feel free to add potential winners as you see them.)

In the east you have great experienced runners in Sydney Kraft (Rugby) and Chandra Yankton (Dunseith), both of whom are former champions. You have a powerful runner in Tasha Heisler (Velva). Then you have the young up and comers in Brooklyn Zinc (Hillsboro), Lauren Christenson (Rugby), Ann Endres (Carrington) and Kennedy Rude (Langdon).

In west you have the "fastest" runners in XC in Alexis Woods (Parshall) and Robyn Essler (Garrison). These two are excellent sprinters and very tough XC runners.

As with sports anything can happen, but I'm pretty sure one of these nine girls will win the title. The exciting part will be watching to see how each one does through the season and at state.
Last edited by Dakotaguy28 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dakotaguy28
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Dakotaguy28 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:49 pm

Regarding Class B Boys:

This one is simple. Ken Wells (Parshall) is by far the best XC runner in class B. This competition is not nearly as interesting as the class B girls.

The fun part will be the fight for the top five. Obviously Donovan Lambert (Shiloh) will be tough. I also think Clyde Barker (NT) will be in the mix. Something interesting is happening in Rugby. Yes, Erik Wangler and Kyle Volk are in the mix, but watch for the next runner Kyle Halvorson. He is really starting to run his way into the top 10.

I would not be surprised if Rugby had 3 runners in the top five. However, it's still a long season.
Dakotaguy28
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:28 am

Dakotaguy28 wrote:Regarding Class B Girls:

Brooklyn Zinc (Hillsboro) deserves some recognition in the next poll. She has been running very well as of late. She has also beaten some ranked opponents.

The way I see it there are about nine runners that are competing for the title. (Sorry if I missed someone, this is just my humble opinion thus far through the season. Feel free to add potential winners as you see them.)

In the east you have great experienced runners in Sydney Kraft (Rugby) and Chandra Yankton (Dunseith), both of whom are former champions. You have a powerful runner in Tasha Heisler (Velva). Then you have the young up and comers in Brooklyn Zinc (Hillsboro), Lauren Christenson (Rugby), Ann Endres (Carrington) and Kennedy Rude (Langdon).

In west you have the "fastest" runners in XC in Alexis Woods (Parshall) and Robyn Essler (Garrison). These two are excellent sprinters and very tough XC runners.

As with sports anything can happen, but I'm pretty sure one of these nine girls will win the title. The exciting part will be watching to see how each one does through the season and at state.

one name that was overlooked from the west would also have to be Abi Waloch (Southern McLean).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:30 am

Dakotaguy28 wrote:Regarding Class B Boys:

This one is simple. Ken Wells (Parshall) is by far the best XC runner in class B. This competition is not nearly as interesting as the class B girls.

The fun part will be the fight for the top five. Obviously Donovan Lambert (Shiloh) will be tough. I also think Clyde Barker (NT) will be in the mix. Something interesting is happening in Rugby. Yes, Erik Wangler and Kyle Volk are in the mix, but watch for the next runner Kyle Halvorson. He is really starting to run his way into the top 10.

I would not be surprised if Rugby had 3 runners in the top five. However, it's still a long season.

Also, don't overlook Lisbon's two runners, Gallagher and Horgeshimer...they very well could be in the mix along with Lincoln Larson (North Star) at the end of the year also. I agree though...NO ONE will touch Wells
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to Cross Country