2011 Season Predictions

2011 Season Predictions

Postby collegesports_77 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:15 pm

I know the season is a long way off, but is there any predictions for the 2011 season? (such as preseason rankings etc.)
collegesports_77
NDPreps Rookie

Re: 2011 Season Predictions

Postby Insidethebox » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:11 am

I see the West going
Century
Minot
Bismarck
St. Mary
Mandan
Jamestown

Century a lot of young talent returning with some revenge to take State this time. Minot can score and has a confident defense while Bismarck may be lacking some defense. St Mary's good team lacks depth. Mandan a spoiler for the top teams. Jamestown has some good players which could make them tough to beat mid season.

The East:
Shanley
West Fargo
Davies
South
Grand Forks Red River
North
Grand Forks Central

Shanley returns a good team with some scoring potential, West Fargo reloads but has numbers to fill in, Davies will have a team with seniors who have played together for a long time, South still trying to fill in from the split but have some really good players that could put them back on top, Grand Forks RR and Central still lack some of the quality players because of the lack of a solid summer competitive club and North lost a lot of seniors have some good young talent just not enough but could be a spoiler in the conference.
Insidethebox
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lovefutbol » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:08 am

I clearly don't know as much as you, but I see Century running away with it out West. There are really only four good teams in the West and Century is the top out there.

Century
Okay Team 2
Doesn't Matter 3
Who Cares 4
Blah 5
Whatever 6

The East could be a little more wide open. I see Shanley at the top, but West Fargo being number two is a joke. They lost a lot of good players last year. Both Grand Forks teams always offer a competitive game and South can offer some surprises. I would guess Davies is the two seed out of the East this year. Expect North to be the low seed.

Shanley
Davies
South
West Fargo
Red River
Central
North
lovefutbol
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Insidethebox » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Looks like we will have to make an adjustment after the first week of play;

Bismarck looks like they can score if they can keep it out of thier defensive end they should be alright. Still not as balanced as Century. Minot is not making a statement and like to kick and chase this will not prevail now days. So this is how I see it ;
Century; Bismarck; Minot; St Mary’s; the rest (very weak)

Shanley still looks the team to beat in the East but West Fargo is looking like they were able to fill in vacated positions with some pretty good junior's. Davies with a little confident should still stay up in the top 4 along with Red River. South, Central, and North much better than most of the teams out West looks like they will struggle to make State.
Shanley; West Fargo; Davies; Red River; the rest
Insidethebox
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:31 pm

EDC Thoughts:
1. Shanley
2. GF Red River
3. West Fargo
4. Davies
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Insidethebox » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:23 pm

I have to give the second spot to WF as they have been playing well in spite of loosing some players to disciplinary actions. Once they return they could even improve the teams chances to take the East. Davies did not play well against WF and beat RR so I would not count them out taking second but would favor WF. RR looked well but needs some wins against tougher competitions to have them continue as State tournament contenders.

Still see the East
Shanley; West Fargo; Davies; Red River; the rest

Nothing new for the West.

Readers should start a poll to see where teams will end at State!
Insidethebox
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Soccer