SUMMER CLASSS A POLL

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

SUMMER CLASSS A POLL

Postby ndbasketballfan007 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:02 pm

1. Bismarck
2. Fargo Davies
3. Red River
4. Mandan
5. Wahpeton/Bismarck Century

Watched at Team Camps. Only team that was being coached or active was Fargo Davies (they looked good)
ndbasketballfan007
NDPreps Starter

Re: SUMMER CLASSS A POLL

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:36 pm

ndbasketballfan007 wrote:1. Bismarck
2. Fargo Davies
3. Red River
4. Mandan
5. Wahpeton/Bismarck Century

Watched at Team Camps. Only team that was being coached or active was Fargo Davies (they looked good)

well the positive with Davies is that they didn't lose anyone from last year so they were able to build the team chemistry last season. They'll be tough this year.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby T$$ » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:17 pm

Anyone with Davies and Red River ahead of Mandan knows very little about Basketball.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:22 pm

T$$ wrote:Anyone with Davies and Red River ahead of Mandan knows very little about Basketball.

oh Davies might have gotten better here lately...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby T$$ » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:09 pm

Good for Davies. They may need to improve to get into the East region play in game. People from the East have no idea how good Mandan and BHS will be this year.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:21 am

T$$ wrote:Good for Davies. They may need to improve to get into the East region play in game. People from the East have no idea how good Mandan and BHS will be this year.

They won't be playing in the play-in game this year.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby T$$ » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:54 pm

My bad. I meant State qualifier. I know little about davies so I don't mean to bash them. I just haven't heard a convincing arguement why the will be good. Mandan and BHS will be good because they have the best players and great coaching.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:07 am

T$$ wrote:My bad. I meant State qualifier. I know little about davies so I don't mean to bash them. I just haven't heard a convincing arguement why the will be good. Mandan and BHS will be good because they have the best players and great coaching.

They just got a transfer student in from Kindred that will help them greatly
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby balla45 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:46 am

Kretchman transferred? I also do not think that he makes Davis better than BHS or MHS.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:58 pm

balla45 wrote:Kretchman transferred? I also do not think that he makes Davis better than BHS or MHS.

Davies may have gotten two transfers in...but yeah that would put Davies #3
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby wolves65 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:26 pm

Who is the other transfer, Bachmier from Kindred?
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Some guy from South Dakota
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:36 pm

Baller wrote:Some guy from South Dakota

there is potentially two from Kindred going to Davies
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bruins44 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:06 pm

If I understand the NDHSAA rules regarding a transfer from one school to another when the student and their parents don't move, the student athlete will have to sit out 180 school days... The Kindred boy in question did not move and he and his parents live in the Davies school boundary even when he attended Kindred, so I dont think he will be able to play Varsity basketball this coming season. He will be able to play sub varsity on the JV or Sophomore team but not the Varsity until 2012-13 (next year)
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:10 pm

bruins44 wrote:If I understand the NDHSAA rules regarding a transfer from one school to another when the student and their parents don't move, the student athlete will have to sit out 180 school days... The Kindred boy in question did not move and he and his parents live in the Davies school boundary even when he attended Kindred, so I dont think he will be able to play Varsity basketball this coming season. He will be able to play sub varsity on the JV or Sophomore team but not the Varsity until 2012-13 (next year)

That is a good point...it'll be interesting. I don't think their parents would transfer him out of Kindred if he had to sit out a whole year.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Indy5 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:09 pm

bruins44 wrote:If I understand the NDHSAA rules regarding a transfer from one school to another when the student and their parents don't move, the student athlete will have to sit out 180 school days... The Kindred boy in question did not move and he and his parents live in the Davies school boundary even when he attended Kindred, so I dont think he will be able to play Varsity basketball this coming season. He will be able to play sub varsity on the JV or Sophomore team but not the Varsity until 2012-13 (next year)

I'm guessing since he lives in the Davies school district, but open enrolled at Kindred, that means he can transfer without having to sit out.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:20 pm

Indy5 wrote:

I'm guessing since he lives in the Davies school district, but open enrolled at Kindred, that means he can transfer without having to sit out.

I don't know the official ruling...but I'm hoping to find out on this weekend if not sooner
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ClassBEast » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:43 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

I don't know the official ruling...but I'm hoping to find out on this weekend if not sooner

I'm sure his parents checked into it. There is no way they would send him to Davies if he couldn't play on the varsity. That's been the whole point of him moving from school (Central Cass) to school (Kindred) to school (Davies) - for basketball.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Nodak Guy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:08 pm

ClassBEast wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

I'm sure his parents checked into it. There is no way they would send him to Davies if he couldn't play on the varsity. That's been the whole point of him moving from school (Central Cass) to school (Kindred) to school (Davies) - for basketball.

I think the re-transfer rule might come into play here, and he should be eligible right away. It all depends on where a student is enrolled as a freshman, and also where the guardian home is located. You are able to transfer back into your "home district" once. If he lives in the Davies district, but went to school in Kindred as a Freshman, he is able to transfer into the Davies district. Now, if he had started in the Davies district as a Freshman (and that is is "home district" since that is where his parents live) and transferred to Kindred, he wouldn't be able to participate in varsity competition until the 180 days have passed. Also, if he now goes to Davies and doesn't like it, he would have to sit out 180 days at any other school he would go to - for example, transferring back to Kindred.
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:28 am

NDHSAA Transfer Rule #3: Should you transfer schools without a corresponding change in your parents' residence, and then re-transfer to your home school, you are ineligible for varsity competion for 180 school days.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baloncesto » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:41 pm

Kretchman will be ineligible to play this year, according to multiple coaches i have talked to
Remember...there is always a little boy in the stands that wants to be just like you, don't disappoint him.
baloncesto
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:46 pm

baloncesto wrote:Kretchman will be ineligible to play this year, according to multiple coaches i have talked to

OFFICIAL: Tanner Kretchman is playing JV basketball this year at Fargo Davies.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to Boys