Top 2014 Baseball Players

Top 2014 Baseball Players

Postby rrbb » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Who's the up and coming players in the class of 2014?
rrbb
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Top 2014 Baseball Players

Postby Battle Hardened » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:30 am

Izaak Lamb (Davies) - Jake Salentine (Shanley) - Gabe Sandy (Shanley) --- all lettered on Varsity as freshamn class of 2014 (the only 3 in the east that I know of) all very good at their positions and all solid hitters

Zach Kellen (South) - nice fast ball and can hit well - played JV for south as a freshman

Seth Amundson (North) - hardest thrower this age group if healthy - hits for power - very good athlete - played on Bombers this summer and hit very well
Battle Hardened
NDPreps Reserve

Postby luvndhoops » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:55 pm

Battle Hardened wrote:Izaak Lamb (Davies) - Jake Salentine (Shanley) - Gabe Sandy (Shanley) --- all lettered on Varsity as freshamn class of 2014 (the only 3 in the east that I know of) all very good at their positions and all solid hitters

Zach Kellen (South) - nice fast ball and can hit well - played JV for south as a freshman

Seth Amundson (North) - hardest thrower this age group if healthy - hits for power - very good athlete - played on Bombers this summer and hit very well

I think you are correct about our Fargo boys! Amundson is really tough, but Kellen has some control issues.
We have some more boys who I think will mature physically and be very good players

Grand Forks have some good upcoming players too!

I always enjoyed watching Jorde Lunski and Sam Bye. Jorde is playing up so I did'nt get to see him this year, but he is a good catcher hit the ball very well and can play multiple postions.

Sam Bye has a motor on him who covers centerfield really well, a lefty who hits the ball well.

There shortstop is a very good athlete! Hits. runs and throws very well. It sound like him and there 2nd baseman are the only Central kids.

GF also has a new 3rd base/pitcher named Christian Bauduin who is tough! He pitched really well against us in Fargo at the EDC Championship and pitched really well when they beat Bismarck (they say he hit 76 with a real good offspeed and curve) the second day of the state tournament.

I also like Wahpeton pitcher/centerfielder and Williston has a new pitcher who is really good that moved from down south.

Don't know the west kids so I'm not sure who is 2014 or 2013 kids, but there is some very good talent on both Minot and Bismarck teams.
luvndhoops
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndakotasports94 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:34 pm

Shanley - Jake Salentine, Gabe Sandy
North - Seth Amundson
Grand Forks - I believe Mahoney is 2014
Red River - I believe Chase Anderson is 2014 as well.
ndakotasports94
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvndhoops » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:09 am

ndakotasports94 wrote:Shanley - Jake Salentine, Gabe Sandy
North - Seth Amundson
Grand Forks - I believe Mahoney is 2014
Red River - I believe Chase Anderson is 2014 as well.

Both Mahoney and Anderson from GF are 2013 kids. I know they played 13's 2 years ago so they must be a little younger.
luvndhoops
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rangersrule » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:30 pm

Battle Hardened wrote:Izaak Lamb (Davies) - Jake Salentine (Shanley) - Gabe Sandy (Shanley) --- all lettered on Varsity as freshamn class of 2014 (the only 3 in the east that I know of) all very good at their positions and all solid hitters

I know that Cass Meyers, Andrew Penny, And Zach Kellen all lettered as freshmen for South. Cass has good speed and covers a ton of ground in centerfield. Andrew is a good defensive catcher, and was offensive MVP of the JV. Zach throws hard, and has improved control. All three will start or get major playing time on varsity as sophmores.
rangersrule
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Battle Hardened » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:34 pm

actually - if you go to the Fargo South High Baseball web-site - these guys (Penny,Kellen, Meyers) are not on the roster and if you go to the stats page, they have no stats for 2011 (they never played in a varsity game in 2011 for South).

If you check the Davies and Shanley sites, Salentine, Sandy, and Lamb are listed on the rosters and have stats.

Also, all the sites have lettering requirements on the home page.
Battle Hardened
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rangersrule » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:32 pm

Battle Hardened wrote:actually - if you go to the Fargo South High Baseball web-site - these guys (Penny,Kellen, Meyers) are not on the roster and if you go to the stats page, they have no stats for 2011 (they never played in a varsity game in 2011 for South).

If you check the Davies and Shanley sites, Salentine, Sandy, and Lamb are listed on the rosters and have stats.

Also, all the sites have lettering requirements on the home page.

I know Andrew Penney scored 3 runs in the EDC championship game as a courtsy runner. Look on the back of one of Fargo South's state championship shirts. All three of their names are on the shirt, as being part of the team. I'm not lying. They all lettered. They're good players.
rangersrule
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Battle Hardened » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:04 am

I agree they are really good! Penny is developing into a quality catcher and Kellen is really throwing hard - they both hit well.
Battle Hardened
NDPreps Reserve

Postby southpaw32 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:33 pm

Hunter Walsh from Bismarck can hit the ball a long way. Seth Amundson is a beast. If his shoulder holds out, he will be the best in the east. I really don't know anyone else from the west. Bauduin, Lunski, and Reggie are all pretty good from Grand Forks. Salentine, Sandy, Penny, and Kellen, are also good from Fargo.
southpaw32
NDPreps Rookie

Postby luvndhoops » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:33 am

southpaw32 wrote:Hunter Walsh from Bismarck can hit the ball a long way. Seth Amundson is a beast. If his shoulder holds out, he will be the best in the east. I really don't know anyone else from the west. Bauduin, Lunski, and Reggie are all pretty good from Grand Forks. Salentine, Sandy, Penny, and Kellen, are also good from Fargo.

Hunter Walsh is a 2013 kid! Just made the cutoff for playing 15s
luvndhoops
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ndbaseball999 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:43 am

-I agree that Jake Salentine and Gabe Sandy were very solid hitters, and good at there positions.
-But Issac lamb had 3 at bats at the most, and the game that he pitched he looked very overwelmed
-But i agree with the Seth Amundson statement. He throws very hard for his age, he has good size and is very projectable, he is a great athlete, and can hit for power as well as hitting for average.
Ndbaseball999
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigdog19 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:09 am

brady regimbal. he is the bat speeed of a young albert pujols and mental toughness of michael jordan. he will be a dominant key to the jv edc championship this spring for red river. its going to be a battle seeing this guy. hopefully his hair isnt too awesome.
bigdog19
NDPreps Reserve

Postby S's » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:41 pm

I think you all are forgetting a valuable player of the Class of 2014 from Fargo Shanley, a certain Thomas George. This kid is an absolute stud; flawless swing, never swinging for the fences always a pure stroke. Wheels of an Olympic athlete. And of course a golden glove at 3rd, he never boots anything or lets anything by and absolutely ropes it to 1st. I look for this kid to be anchoring down the Fargo Shanley JV team.
S's
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BaseballStar64 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm going to have to agree with bigdog19. Brady Regimbal is having an outstanding start to the season and appears to be one of the leaders on the Red River JV team. I heard from a friend that Brady is one of the best looking kids on the field this season, and I'm looking forward to see what this kid can do this summer in some legion ball with metal bats. I'm expecting big things out of this monster.
BaseballStar64
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BaseballStar64 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:10 am

And another comment on Brady Regimbal. I was talking to the gym teachers over at RR and the word on the street is that Brady broke some kids glasses in dodgeball. I'm sure he could carry this over to the field and throw some serious heat. Just thought I'd put that out there. Regimbal has some serious potential.
BaseballStar64
NDPreps Rookie

Postby FargoBaseballPlayer » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:35 pm

@BaseballStar64 i heard that too. Our team had to watch film on this guy for the whole first week of the season. unbelieveable from head to toe. I had the opportunity to get in the batters box against this guy and lets just say it wasnt pretty. I tried to lay a bunt down all three pitches and just couldnt seem to make any contact. watch out for this kid
FargoBaseballPlayer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ndbaseballscout45 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:47 pm

Minot High has just recieved a pitcher from Florida. Demitry Zafra 16 years 2014 6'1ft 190Ibs. Low 3/4 arm slot. Hit 89 during pitching session up in Minot, fastball moves like a lefty's. Major league circle change, he is able to break it down to the left or right of the plate Mixed in with a slurve and newly developed splitter. Was verbally commited to Virgina but uncommitted upon arrival to North Dakota. Kids the real deal.
The magicians have a goood chance at states witht this accusation.
Ndbaseballscout45
NDPreps Reserve

Postby southpaw32 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Ndbaseballscout45, you have 12 lifetime posts. All 12 are about Demitry Zafra. Are you him or his agent? He shouldn't have uncommitted from Virginia. As you can tell by this year's weather, ND is not a division one recruiting hotbed. We all look forward to seeing him pitch this year. If he is as dominate as he sounds, it should be fun.
southpaw32
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ndbaseballscout45 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:26 pm

it should be a fun season (if we even have one). He wants to stay close to family. If your good enough it dosent matter where you go,
Ndbaseballscout45
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hammerheads » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:02 pm

I have seen him pitch, actually seen him pitch in the perfect game bcs national championship game against Dulin dodgers, one of the best teams in the nation he shut them out completely and win the game! He love being in that pressure situation. I also have seen him struggle just like any other pitcher, even in the pro's they struggle some days. But all in all he's very impressive to see. And let's remember he's only 16 (still a kid) lets route for him not wish he does bad ND should be happy they have a young adult to represent there state!!! Good luck in your future!!!
Hammerheads
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Class A