Region 1 prediction

The teams in Class A

Region 1 prediction

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:58 pm

What are some predictions/outlook for this region.
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Re: Region 1 prediction

Postby ClassALegend » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:15 pm

Hmm... I'm going to go with:

1. Milnor-North Sargent
2. Linton-HMB
3. Oakes
4. Lamoure-L-M
5. Maple Valley-Enderlin
6. Griggs Carnes County
7. Northern Cass
8. May-Port-CG
ClassALegend
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:17 pm

ClassALegend wrote:Hmm... I'm going to go with:

1. Milnor-North Sargent
2. Linton-HMB
3. Oakes
4. Lamoure-L-M
5. Maple Valley-Enderlin
6. Griggs Carnes County
7. Northern Cass
8. May-Port-CG

You don't even have the correct teams in there! Griggs County/Barnes County North are Class AA now and Oak Grove is Class A now!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ClassALegend » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:20 pm

Haha my bad Run! I'm a region 2 guy, and I just wanted to get some football talk started on here! I'm glad to know about the new teams coming andgoing in this region though. I didn't have a clue! I'm interested to see what your prediction for R2 is. Slap if on there if you get a chance :)
ClassALegend
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:25 pm

ClassALegend wrote:Haha my bad Run! I'm a region 2 guy, and I just wanted to get some football talk started on here! I'm glad to know about the new teams coming andgoing in this region though. I didn't have a clue! I'm interested to see what your prediction for R2 is. Slap if on there if you get a chance :)

Not familiar with Region 2
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndfan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:10 pm

my question is can MPCG win one game this year?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:28 pm

ndfan wrote:my question is can MPCG win one game this year?

That is a good question. Their major losses are Tyler Ust and John Raywalt. Other than that they don't lose to much. They should have a couple kids who could turn out to be alright in the backfield but are kind of young. They may be able to beat Northern Cass and a slight possibility to beat Hatton-Northwood but realistically I wouldn't be to hopeful.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby SUFan » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:03 pm

1. Milnor-North Sargent
2. Linton-HMB
3. Maple Valley-Enderlin
4. Kidder County
5. Oaks
6. Oak Grove
7. Northern Cass
8. MPCG
SUFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby baloncesto » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:02 am

Milnor-NS will be down. They lose their whole line and linebackers and most d-backs and wide receivers, but Hansana gets things done
Remember...there is always a little boy in the stands that wants to be just like you, don't disappoint him.
baloncesto
NDPreps Starter

Postby ambition13 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:22 am

Ya i dont think MNS will do it. They just lost to many people this year. Unless some of the younger guys step up I'd be willing to bet LHMB gets it done in the fall
A good sermon should be like a woman's skirt: short enough to rouse the interest, but long enough to cover the essentials - Ronald Knox
ambition13
NDPreps Starter

Postby classb2010 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:24 am

People see the name LHMB and get nervous, which is why I say they take it. MNS will struggle because they lost some key lineman so Hansana will have to do a lot himself. They also lost key skill position players. Oakes is loaded with speed so I could see them taking 2nd. Since Oak Grove is coming down I could see them doing very well. I'm sure they have size and speed, but I guess I don't know much about them. Haven't heard much on Kidder County either, but last time they were A they really struggled. MVE will struggle. They have good skill position players but no size. They lost almost their entire line from a year ago. Northern Cass will struggle also. I watched them play last year and their QB play was not very good, but they have a lot of time to change that, and I agree I would be surprised if MPCG even won a game.
classb2010
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:19 am

classb2010 wrote:People see the name LHMB and get nervous, which is why I say they take it. MNS will struggle because they lost some key lineman so Hansana will have to do a lot himself. They also lost key skill position players. Oakes is loaded with speed so I could see them taking 2nd. Since Oak Grove is coming down I could see them doing very well. I'm sure they have size and speed, but I guess I don't know much about them. Haven't heard much on Kidder County either, but last time they were A they really struggled. MVE will struggle. They have good skill position players but no size. They lost almost their entire line from a year ago. Northern Cass will struggle also. I watched them play last year and their QB play was not very good, but they have a lot of time to change that, and I agree I would be surprised if MPCG even won a game.

Oak Grove won't really have much size...interesting game next year...MPCG @ Oak Grove (OG's homecoming)...looking at it now...it could be close
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby legacy382 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:02 pm

classb2010 wrote:People see the name LHMB and get nervous, which is why I say they take it. MNS will struggle because they lost some key lineman so Hansana will have to do a lot himself. They also lost key skill position players. Oakes is loaded with speed so I could see them taking 2nd. Since Oak Grove is coming down I could see them doing very well. I'm sure they have size and speed, but I guess I don't know much about them. Haven't heard much on Kidder County either, but last time they were A they really struggled. MVE will struggle. They have good skill position players but no size. They lost almost their entire line from a year ago. Northern Cass will struggle also. I watched them play last year and their QB play was not very good, but they have a lot of time to change that, and I agree I would be surprised if MPCG even won a game.

Linton did not impress me at all in their first playoff game last year only beating Park river by 8 and also Park River had 6 turnovers not including 2 blocked punts(which resulted in 10 points) because of the PR punter. But that may just be because of the clashing styles of the regions, and Region 2's dominace of the running game which most of the teams had. ex/ Park River,Rugby(kuntz),Cavalier(When they're not forcing the pass), and North Praire(Lervik). Milnor was the only team that successfully stopped a major running team in Rugby even though linton beat PR but barely.So consdering playoffs linton would not be the best team in my opinion.
legacy382
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller050 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:19 pm

legacy382 wrote:

Linton did not impress me at all in their first playoff game last year only beating Park river by 8 and also Park River had 6 turnovers not including 2 blocked punts(which resulted in 10 points) because of the PR punter. But that may just be because of the clashing styles of the regions, and Region 2's dominace of the running game which most of the teams had. ex/ Park River,Rugby(kuntz),Cavalier(When they're not forcing the pass), and North Praire(Lervik). Milnor was the only team that successfully stopped a major running team in Rugby even though linton beat PR but barely.So consdering playoffs linton would not be the best team in my opinion.

Linton dominated the 1st 2 quarters then had an injury they had to deal with.. PR took advantage of that and had some success in the second half throwing the ball and got a few big plays.. linton got a little relaxed and thats y PR was that close to linton. I think guys are gunna step up for linton and get things done
baller050
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:01 pm

I think it will shake out this way....
1. Milnor/North Sargent... Hansana will lead the way.
2. Lintion/HMB... Good line and very good coaching.
3. Oakes... This may be a little high. Hope they finish 8th after the way their school board acted.
4. Maple Valley/Enderlin... Lost a lot on the line, but they are learning how to win.
5. Kidder County... Had some success last year.
6. Northern Cass... As I recall had decent numbers of players out. Think they could win 2.
7. Oak Grove... Really struggled last year. I think they are a couple years away from the playoffs.
8. MPCG... Lots of playing time for most of their returning players. Could win a couple games this year.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby classybball » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:05 pm

[quote="d_fense"]I think it will shake out this way....
1. Milnor/North Sargent... Hansana will lead the way.
2. Lintion/HMB... Good line and very good coaching.
3. Oakes... This may be a little high. Hope they finish 8th after the way their school board acted
4. Maple Valley/Enderlin... Lost a lot on the line, but they are learning how to win.
5. Kidder County... Had some success last year.
6. Northern Cass... As I recall had decent numbers of players out. Think they could win 2.
7. Oak Grove... Really struggled last year. I think they are a couple years away from the playoffs.
8. MPCG... Lots of playing time for most of their returning players. Could win a couple games this year.
Pretty sad when you HOPE a bunch of KIDS take 8th, especially when they had NOTHING to do with the changes that were made. :(
classybball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:58 pm

I don't think so. I think I have a pretty good reason for wanting to see them finish last (don't think they will). Some group of kids will have to finish 8th. It may as well be the ones who have a couple of busy body school board members and some other followers who are to weak minded to stand up for either the successful girls basketball coach or the football coach who has turned around a program that has been pretty unsuccessful.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:33 pm

1. Milnor/North Sargent
2. Linton/HMB
3. Kidder County
4. Oakes
5. Maple Valley/Enderlin
6. Northern Cass
7. Oak Grove (hard to tell where they'll finish; big game is October 1st: MPCG @ OG - Homecoming)
8. MPCG
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby GF85 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:27 am

ndfan wrote:my question is can MPCG win one game this year?

I don't think so, because they didn't.
GF85
NDPreps Rookie

Return to A