Taran Langland, Enderlin
Stephen Guler, New Rockford-Sheyenne
Taylor Milbrath, Bottineau
McKeon Meyhoff, Hazen
Jon Mack, Velva-Drake-Anamoose
Trey Jacobson, Watford City
Douglas Rolfson, Watford City
Brad Slaubaugh, Shiloh Christian
Evan Eberle, Washburn-Wilton-Center-Stanton.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2011 All-State Team

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:06 pm

Any stats to go with any of these players? team records and finishes?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:42 pm

Interesting to see that there are no players from the Class B State Champs Kindred. I'm guessing they are happy with the trophy they brought home.
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:57 pm

ndsportsfan98 wrote:Interesting to see that there are no players from the Class B State Champs Kindred. I'm guessing they are happy with the trophy they brought home.

1st place - 0
2nd place - 1
3rd place - 1
4th place - 1
5th place - 1
6th place - 1
7th place - 1
8th place - 2 ??
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:43 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:
ndsportsfan98 wrote:Interesting to see that there are no players from the Class B State Champs Kindred. I'm guessing they are happy with the trophy they brought home.

1st place - 0
2nd place - 1
3rd place - 1
4th place - 1
5th place - 1
6th place - 1
7th place - 1
8th place - 2 ??

Kindred-Richland didn't really have any 'standouts'; they just had the right mold of players to win. Many didn't even think they were going to win the Region...Central Cass and Enderlin-MV were the favorites
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:11 am

I kind of agree with you Run, in saying there were no "standouts" but one could argue Nick Milbrandt being an all-state pitcher. I want to say I read in the paper the week of the tourney he was 7-0 on the year with less than a 1.00 ERA. You would also have to think with 5 kids on the All-Tournament team at least one of them could have been deemed all-state. Like I said before though, Kindred is probably very content with the hardware they were able to bring home.
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:24 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Class B All-State team

Taylor Milbrath, Bottineau

Good player, but all state? He was the third best on his team. He's a good center fielder, good pitcher and a pretty good hitter, but both McCloud and LaCroix are better players and that's just from his team.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND Hockey » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:26 am

I would have to probably disagree with that. Milbrath had 5 straight shutout games against some pretty tough opponents including north star where he faced them twice. I believe he gave up an unearned run his 6th game pitching against minot ryan which is also a well-coached, well put together team. If i recall correctly, i think milbrath gave up his first earned run in the first game at the state tourney. Milbrath definitely deserved all state as a pitchers
ND Hockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:00 am

The all-state team needs some major tweaking. This is not basketball where there should only be 16 kids selected. you only have 5 kids on the court at one time for basketball and get 16 players. Baseball has 9 on the field at once, almost double, and gets 16. Not to mention some players are deserving as all state based on their pitching numbers alone.

The way I see it is there is basically 2 players from all 8 regions. I may be off on a region or two but thats the way it looks just glancing at where everyone is from. Using Milbrandt as an example Jallen Ham and Taran Langland were named Co-Senior Players of the Year and are both on the All-State team. Which leaves no room for what seams to be a deserving player. To me either do it right or don't do it at all.

It should be set up as 8 position players and 2 pitchers as first team all state. If you have the numbers to be 1st team as a position and pitcher you are both. No different then college all conference selections for 2-way players. 2nd team 16 position players and 4 pitchers. I know we could easily come up with 14 more WELL deserving players based on stats alone. I can come up with 3 right off the top of my head from Region 2 in Ingrebretson, Lindstad, and Gonzalez.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby VikingBaseball5 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:41 pm

ndsportsfan98 wrote:I kind of agree with you Run, in saying there were no "standouts" but one could argue Nick Milbrandt being an all-state pitcher. I want to say I read in the paper the week of the tourney he was 7-0 on the year with less than a 1.00 ERA. You would also have to think with 5 kids on the All-Tournament team at least one of them could have been deemed all-state. Like I said before though, Kindred is probably very content with the hardware they were able to bring home.

Milbrandt is obviously an allstate caliber pitcher. Underrated as can be.
VikingBaseball5
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Flip » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:53 pm

InTheKnow wrote:The all-state team needs some major tweaking. This is not basketball where there should only be 16 kids selected. you only have 5 kids on the court at one time for basketball and get 16 players. Baseball has 9 on the field at once, almost double, and gets 16. Not to mention some players are deserving as all state based on their pitching numbers alone.

I don't care if they change it, but there are probably 3 times as many basketball teams.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to Class B