Former Mandan Coach (Amundson)

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Former Mandan Coach (Amundson)

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:00 am

GIRLS BASKETBALL
AMUNDSON TO COACH CENTENNIAL (Class 4A)

Former Mandan coach Greg Amundson will guide the Centennial High School girls basketball team next school year.

Centennial is located in Circle Pines, Minn., about 15 miles north of the Twin Cities.

Amundson left Mandan to coach at Columbia Heights, Minn (Class 2A).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Former Mandan Coach (Amundson)

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:03 am

Centennial was the Minnesota State Class 4A Runner-up in 2009. They've always had a good program.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:23 pm

I looked this up a few weeks ago and IIRC Amundson won 6 games in 2 years at Columbia Heights. Four of those wins were in their own tournament.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:36 pm

Flip wrote:I looked this up a few weeks ago and IIRC Amundson won 6 games in 2 years at Columbia Heights. Four of those wins were in their own tournament.

Yeah that tournament is a joke...plus Columbia Heights girls program just isn't that good. Saw them play my brother's team a few years ago (maybe 3) and it wasn't pretty. It was a lose-lose situation for Amundson.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby MoSiouxFan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:21 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Flip wrote:I looked this up a few weeks ago and IIRC Amundson won 6 games in 2 years at Columbia Heights. Four of those wins were in their own tournament.

Yeah that tournament is a joke...plus Columbia Heights girls program just isn't that good. Saw them play my brother's team a few years ago (maybe 3) and it wasn't pretty. It was a lose-lose situation for Amundson.

Does anyone know why in the world he left the situation he had at Mandan to go into the situation that awaited him at Columbia Heights? It doesn't compute.
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:32 pm

I thought someone said to be closer to his kids, maybe grand kids too.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby bruins44 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Greg got remarried and she lived in the Cities. so he went there for love! Centennial is a great job, they are always one of the best teams down there. Good luck to him!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MoSiouxFan » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:25 pm

bruins44 wrote:Greg got remarried and she lived in the Cities. so he went there for love! Centennial is a great job, they are always one of the best teams down there. Good luck to him!

Thanks; that's a good reason to move!
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby go maji » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:55 am

Flip wrote:I thought someone said to be closer to his kids, maybe grand kids too.

Greg's my uncle. not from Mandan though. He's a pretty cool guy. His Youngest son lives in Minneapolis (he used to be a bullpen catcher for the twins a couple years back) and thats it . His daughter is a trainer for the University of Oklahoma football team. She also used to be the head coach of the Saint Marys girls basketball team. And his oldest son also lives in Oklahoma. But he did get married and went there to live with his wife and her daughter. I believe she was actually at he last state tourney that Greg was in.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Return to Girls