BABE RUTH BASEBALL CLASS B!!!!!

BABE RUTH BASEBALL CLASS B!!!!!

Postby ValleyCity4Life » Thu May 26, 2011 10:07 pm

Alright everyone who may be between the ages 13-15, or may have a precious son (or daughter) in this age group, ARE YOU READY!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?? that's right the wait is ended, the games are only weeks away, so rank your district to give all of us prep users an idea of where the babe ruth season is headed, and who will be bringing home the gold in Early August.....BAM!

Of course i have a bias towards Lamoure cause of my many relatives there, and of course the hometown Valley City :D......So I am gonna rank this district.....DISTRICT 6

1. Lisbon- They lose a lot of starters but retain enough good ones to stay #1 another year or 2.
2. Wishek- They lose 3 good infielders with Jochim, Bosch, and Jacobson. However they return infant Jacobsen who i can't see losing many games when he is on the mound. they return a few players like pinch runner Dimitrius Seymour.
3. Valley City- They will always get a good number of kids out, and also have Powerhouse Austin Beg returning who can do it all, he just needs to stay healthy so he doesn't get injured.
4. Lamoure- Well here's the inside scoop, They only return 3 of 5 14 year old from last years roster, so they will play some kids with little experience. Roddy Gentzkow continues to impress me with his poise in the infield. Yes, i am a "Lamouron"
5. Oakes- They will be better than they were last year, i am almost sure. They return many 13-14 year olds, just one question...Are these 13-14 year olds good enough? Bryce Meehl will have another successful season, him and Parker Stemen was a good pitching dual dating back to Cal Ripken
6. Steele-Dawson- Sand is a good pitcher, and they have a speedy shortstop that i saw at the district tournament and are coming off a 4th place finish.
7. Linton- They only lose 1 player, but other than that they return Brooks Flyberg and Jon Purintun is a good athlete as well, I am not sure how good he is at baseball.
8. Edgeley- They return Mason Madcke who is good, but the pitching for the team is lack-luster. I know Kietzman has some power but other than that I can't see them being a good team anytime soon.
9. Ellendale- Chase Durheim. Then many other young players. Adam White is a good presence behind the dish and at 1st. However i do not know if he has the arm for this level. I hear they have an athletic SD transfer though, but i don't see them as being a contender.
10. Napoleon- I do not know anything about these guys except that they are a good football bunch. Someone who knows; please enlighten me.

Feel free to post about YOUR favorite district.
Hi-Liner fan
ValleyCity4Life
NDPreps Reserve

Re: BABE RUTH BASEBALL CLASS B!!!!!

Postby Flip » Thu May 26, 2011 11:14 pm

ValleyCity4Life wrote:2. Wishek- They lose 3 good infielders with Jochim, Bosch, and Jacobson. However they return infant Jacobsen who i can't see losing many games when he is on the mound. they return a few players like pinch runner Dimitrius Seymour.

I don't think he played last year, pretty sure he was too old.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ValleyCity4Life » Fri May 27, 2011 1:08 am

your right, i meant hogarth
Hi-Liner fan
ValleyCity4Life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ValleyCity4Life » Fri May 27, 2011 11:22 pm

Anyone else?! :?:
Hi-Liner fan
ValleyCity4Life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baberuthguy » Mon May 30, 2011 1:58 am

Cooperstown. They have one of the best Dakota Hoyt and Taylor Ellefson as the ace. Riley Nelson may be one of the best defensive players around and they have alot of young guns. Thomson and Hazen will be extemely tough
baberuthguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baberuthguy » Mon May 30, 2011 2:00 am

but no thats not district 6 haha
baberuthguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lovwatchingsports » Mon May 30, 2011 10:01 pm

I bet Surrey makes it.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Mon May 30, 2011 11:02 pm

is that cuz the tournament is in surrey or is surrey actually a legitimate threat?
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby thatguy422 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:56 am

bison football73 wrote:is that cuz the tournament is in surrey or is surrey actually a legitimate threat?

Surrey is not a legitimate threat.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bison football73 » Tue May 31, 2011 12:10 pm

k i didnt think so
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Tue May 31, 2011 1:06 pm

bison football73 wrote:k i didnt think so

Gotah ya, they host this year.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby trojan54 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:36 pm

Wishek vs. Lamoure on Monday at Wishek. Should be an interesting match up.
trojan54
NDPreps Rookie

Postby utilityman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:49 pm

ValleyCity4Life wrote:Alright everyone who may be between the ages 13-15, or may have a precious son (or daughter) in this age group, ARE YOU READY!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?? that's right the wait is ended, the games are only weeks away, so rank your district to give all of us prep users an idea of where the babe ruth season is headed, and who will be bringing home the gold in Early August.....BAM!

Of course i have a bias towards Lamoure cause of my many relatives there, and of course the hometown Valley City :D......So I am gonna rank this district.....DISTRICT 6

1. Lisbon- They lose a lot of starters but retain enough good ones to stay #1 another year or 2.
2. Wishek- They lose 3 good infielders with Jochim, Bosch, and Jacobson. However they return infant Jacobsen who i can't see losing many games when he is on the mound. they return a few players like pinch runner Dimitrius Seymour.
3. Valley City- They will always get a good number of kids out, and also have Powerhouse Austin Beg returning who can do it all, he just needs to stay healthy so he doesn't get injured.
4. Lamoure- Well here's the inside scoop, They only return 3 of 5 14 year old from last years roster, so they will play some kids with little experience. Roddy Gentzkow continues to impress me with his poise in the infield. Yes, i am a "Lamouron"
5. Oakes- They will be better than they were last year, i am almost sure. They return many 13-14 year olds, just one question...Are these 13-14 year olds good enough? Bryce Meehl will have another successful season, him and Parker Stemen was a good pitching dual dating back to Cal Ripken
6. Steele-Dawson- Sand is a good pitcher, and they have a speedy shortstop that i saw at the district tournament and are coming off a 4th place finish.
7. Linton- They only lose 1 player, but other than that they return Brooks Flyberg and Jon Purintun is a good athlete as well, I am not sure how good he is at baseball.
8. Edgeley- They return Mason Madcke who is good, but the pitching for the team is lack-luster. I know Kietzman has some power but other than that I can't see them being a good team anytime soon.
9. Ellendale- Chase Durheim. Then many other young players. Adam White is a good presence behind the dish and at 1st. However i do not know if he has the arm for this level. I hear they have an athletic SD transfer though, but i don't see them as being a contender.
10. Napoleon- I do not know anything about these guys except that they are a good football bunch. Someone who knows; please enlighten me.

Feel free to post about YOUR favorite district.

Valley City's best player will be Brett Stearns and Spencer& Austen Meyer are solid too. Not sure what Lisbon brings back this year but I do know they lost alot with Mittleider and Lyons. I know LaMoure is young but always well coached. Oakes is usually scrappy and I'm not sure on the western teams like Wishek, Linton, Napoleon. Should also mention, that Jesse Hochstetler will be a returning player for VC, he is a great CF who can run like the wind with a good bat as well. VC really missed him last year the 2nd half when he had an eye injury.

I'll take VC to win this league this year, yes I'm biased but I think they have the pitching to do it, Stearns will be a hard thrower with good junk and if Spencer Meyer ( he's like 6'5" already) finds his control he's capable of shutting a team down. Austen Meyer will be there #3 and theres also good depth with Kvilvang and Berg.
utilityman
NDPreps Starter

Postby johnson » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:47 pm

I heard that Demetruis Seymore kid from wishek is really good this year. He was new last year and never played baseball before, but this year he's improved alot.
johnson
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ValleyCity4Life » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:04 pm

the lamoure vs. wishek game won't be good at all, if it is even played cause they have 3 gone for football camp and one more gone for vacation which will leave them with 9 guys
Hi-Liner fan
ValleyCity4Life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ValleyCity4Life » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:07 pm

any other districts???
Hi-Liner fan
ValleyCity4Life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby VCBaseball15 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:18 pm

Spencer Meyer, Austen Meyer, Brett Stearns, Austin Berg, and Christian Kvilvang from Valley City have some of the best junk you'll see in District 6 and form a great rotation. Spencer has a splitter and can throw hard. Austen Meyer has the most ridiculous breaking pitches. Stearns can burn it in there and than snap down a curve. Berg has pin point accuracy. Kvilvang can strike out a lot of people. Valley City will win the league this year because of their rotation. If they get their hitting down they'll be unstoppable.
Doin what you can do. With one arm.
VCBaseball15
NDPreps Rookie

Postby thatguy7 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:04 pm

I expect to see a good performance from Cameron Littlejohn from Drayton-St. Thomas this year, he pitched in the state tournament last year and looked pretty impressive but didnt recieve any run support. Now that he is another year older and more mature, I expect to see a lot from Littlejohn and Drayton-St. Thomas
thatguy7
NDPreps Rookie

Postby GoPack#2 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:58 pm

VCBaseball15 wrote:Spencer Meyer, Austen Meyer, Brett Stearns, Austin Berg, and Christian Kvilvang from Valley City have some of the best junk you'll see in District 6 and form a great rotation. Spencer has a splitter and can throw hard. Austen Meyer has the most ridiculous breaking pitches. Stearns can burn it in there and than snap down a curve. Berg has pin point accuracy. Kvilvang can strike out a lot of people. Valley City will win the league this year because of their rotation. If they get their hitting down they'll be unstoppable.

I wonder where you are from :D
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby utilityman » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:24 pm

GoPack#2 wrote:
VCBaseball15 wrote:Spencer Meyer, Austen Meyer, Brett Stearns, Austin Berg, and Christian Kvilvang from Valley City have some of the best junk you'll see in District 6 and form a great rotation. Spencer has a splitter and can throw hard. Austen Meyer has the most ridiculous breaking pitches. Stearns can burn it in there and than snap down a curve. Berg has pin point accuracy. Kvilvang can strike out a lot of people. Valley City will win the league this year because of their rotation. If they get their hitting down they'll be unstoppable.

I wonder where you are from :D

I posted last week that I thought VC would win this district but after their first week I would retract. I saw them play Harwood and lose 4-3 and I read online they lost to Oakes 9-1 last night. Maybe things will change with time but I think they might only have 1 legitimate pitcher in Stearns. Newsdakota said Spencer Meyer walked 6 or 7 in a couple innings last night, the game I was at vs Harwood VC's starter i think it was Berg gave up 3 in 2 innings and Stearns pitched the last 5 and had like 10 K's and only gave up 1 hit but they lost 4-3 and didnt hit real well. So I think VC right now is middle of the pack.
utilityman
NDPreps Starter

Postby VCBaseball15 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:43 pm

In that game Berg gave up 3 runs in 2 innings and none were earned. Valleys defense just needs to pick up. Valley beat Lamoure last night 10-3. Berg had two hits. Spencer Meyer had 2 hits. And Stearns had a complete game with 13 K's.
Doin what you can do. With one arm.
VCBaseball15
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ValleyCity4Life » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:08 am

I heard the defending state champs have dropped 2 in a row now?
Hi-Liner fan
ValleyCity4Life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballfan7 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:20 am

ValleyCity4Life wrote:I heard the defending state champs have dropped 2 in a row now?

who are the defending state champs? Lisbon?
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GoPack#2 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:55 am

bballfan7 wrote:
ValleyCity4Life wrote:I heard the defending state champs have dropped 2 in a row now?

who are the defending state champs? Lisbon?

Yep that would be Lisbon.
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mailman_25 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:44 pm

It's still early, so let's not write Lisbon off yet. Lisbon does not offer high school baseball, so it may take them awhile to shake the rust off and they are probably playing kids who have been playing since the high school season started. Or they may not be that strong this year. That is why they play the games.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Class B