King James

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

King James

Postby winner-within » Thu May 12, 2011 9:36 am

LeBron, Bron Bron, LBJ....what ever you want to call the man.

This guy is starting to fill the void that I was dealing with after Michael Jordan stopped playing for the Bulls...his performance last night was spectacular....his clutch play was undeniably the best Ive seen since Jordan....his post game comments were of a man that should be much older than him.

Rose, Pierce, Kobe, Howard, shaq, Wade, Iverson, or all the others who play (or have played) at a level above the rest have never been able to stimulate the eye for me.
Lebron does that for me.

was nice to see Rivers and West and Ray Allen stay on the court and give sportsmanship the way they should..
The rest just show they aren't out there to teach the youngens watching anything.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: King James

Postby ndfan » Thu May 12, 2011 1:33 pm

winner-within wrote:LeBron, Bron Bron, LBJ....what ever you want to call the man.

This guy is starting to fill the void that I was dealing with after Michael Jordan stopped playing for the Bulls...his performance last night was spectacular....his clutch play was undeniably the best Ive seen since Jordan....his post game comments were of a man that should be much older than him.

Rose, Pierce, Kobe, Howard, shaq, Wade, Iverson, or all the others who play (or have played) at a level above the rest have never been able to stimulate the eye for me.
Lebron does that for me.

was nice to see Rivers and West and Ray Allen stay on the court and give sportsmanship the way they should..
[size=200]The rest just show they aren't out there to teach the youngens watching anything.[/size]

They must of learned that from the queen last year when he lost in the conference finals.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu May 12, 2011 2:14 pm

ndfan wrote:
winner-within wrote:LeBron, Bron Bron, LBJ....what ever you want to call the man.

Lebron does that for me.

[size=200]The rest just show they aren't out there to teach the youngens watching anything.[/size]

They must of learned that from the queen last year when he lost in the conference finals.

No, They've been pricks for years
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Thu May 12, 2011 3:05 pm

You do remember that Lebron James just walked off the court after his team lost to the Magic a couple years ago. I don't consider him to be a Michael Jordan, I consider him to be more of a distributor and playmaker like Magic Johnson. He still has not won a title and I think their celebration last night was excessive considering that it was the conference semi-finals. That game would have been over in the first half if not for Dwayne Wade in the first half. I do half to say that the way that Wade and James are playing right now, that it will be hard to beat them. There have also been some Chris Bosh sightings which makes this team even more dangerous.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Thu May 12, 2011 3:55 pm

cubsfan wrote:You do remember that Lebron James just walked off the court after his team lost to the Magic a couple years ago. I don't consider him to be a Michael Jordan, I consider him to be more of a distributor and playmaker like Magic Johnson. He still has not won a title and I think their celebration last night was excessive considering that it was the conference semi-finals. That game would have been over in the first half if not for Dwayne Wade in the first half. I do half to say that the way that Wade and James are playing right now, that it will be hard to beat them. There have also been some Chris Bosh sightings which makes this team even more dangerous.

I think People are tuning into NBA basketball just to watch Lebron, I know I am having more fun watching the NBA because of Lebron....this is what I mean when I compare him to MJ...he's a marketing Icon by just being born, not by pushing the envelope.

I don't see Distributor Playmaker when I watch lebron, I see a powerhouse guard with extraordinary court presence and unbelievable rebounding sense.
His game isnt Jordan like...its Lebron like with the same outcome for the opponent.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:23 pm

winner-within wrote:
cubsfan wrote:You do remember that Lebron James just walked off the court after his team lost to the Magic a couple years ago. I don't consider him to be a Michael Jordan, I consider him to be more of a distributor and playmaker like Magic Johnson. He still has not won a title and I think their celebration last night was excessive considering that it was the conference semi-finals. That game would have been over in the first half if not for Dwayne Wade in the first half. I do half to say that the way that Wade and James are playing right now, that it will be hard to beat them. There have also been some Chris Bosh sightings which makes this team even more dangerous.

I think People are tuning into NBA basketball just to watch Lebron, I know I am having more fun watching the NBA because of Lebron....this is what I mean when I compare him to MJ...he's a marketing Icon by just being born, not by pushing the envelope.

I don't see Distributor Playmaker when I watch lebron, I see a powerhouse guard with extraordinary court presence and unbelievable rebounding sense.
His game isnt Jordan like...its Lebron like with the same outcome for the opponent.

I don't tune into NBA basketball to watch LeBron...I tune in to watch the Thunder (and occasionally the Thunder-pups).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Thu May 12, 2011 9:50 pm

well at least your tuning in, Grizz is finally Keying hard on KD, thought it would end their show but westbrook and company are gulpin up the slack...series goes 7....flip a coin! I said Grizz in 6 but thats already null.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:25 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

I don't tune into NBA basketball to watch LeBron...I tune in to watch the Thunder (and occasionally the Thunder-pups).

Timber-pups you mean Run? Thats the only basketball I watch a lot of. My friends make fun of me for watching the Wolves lose the lead in the last 5 minutes. But in the playoffs I was rooting for the Celtics cuz I am a big KG fan. I am definitely not a fan of Lebron. Never liked him or Kobe. Yes they are great players, but they aren't the kind of guys I like to watch. D Wade on the other hand is one of my favorite players.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Fri May 13, 2011 12:10 am

You could add up every swear word on the court made by both teams minus KG and then throw in KG's swear words and he would have more than everybody put together. He playes with way to much aggression from the beginning of his career, even Rose is way to serious to make a longevity career, but at least he hasnt made the four letter word his god like KG.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:58 pm

I don't like is how no one has mentioned how big of a jerk Wade has been in the playoffs. He's tried to get in everyones face who makes contact with him. In one game he threw Rondo down, dislocating his elbow, and he undercuts Allen on a rebound and stands over him like he's some tough guy. Then, in the closeout game, time is running out and the ball is going out of bounds at the buzzer is gonna sound in a 10 point win. Instead of watching it go out and celebrating, he sprints to hit and, as he's flying into the crowd, fires it at West for no reason. He didn't get up immediately and I was hoping that he had broken his leg during that stunt. I used to like Wade, but these playoffs have made me not like him anymore
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri May 13, 2011 3:28 pm

Wade is Rhondo, Nash, Rose, Westbrook, almost Lebronish all wrapped in one....is he playing with a Chip? Yep...Why? because of the crap he went through the 13 times he lost in the Garden and because of how the majority of the league has cried and the vets have cried when lebron came down, which is no different than when Boston put together, in the words of Lebron "the footprint"...no different....free agency, is free agency, pay cuts are in context with the rules and thats what they did.

whats his mission?...THE RECKONING

another thing most don't recognize, and you have to if your going to bet on these games....is recoup capabilities...Lebron and Rose easily lead the pack in this category which puts them in Freak mode....this reality really kicks into gear from here on out.....
Recoup, Replenish, Rejuvenate, Recover.... who can do it the best/fastest from game end to game time.....and believe me it takes more than Gatorade.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Fri May 13, 2011 5:15 pm

winner-within wrote:You could add up every swear word on the court made by both teams minus KG and then throw in KG's swear words and he would have more than everybody put together. He playes with way to much aggression from the beginning of his career, even Rose is way to serious to make a longevity career, but at least he hasnt made the four letter word his god like KG.

KG hater? Yeah he is intense and probably swears too much on the floor. But he is a grown man and can do what he wants. I highly doubt 4 letter words are his god. I know you are just saying that to make a point, but I think its a dumb argument. Great role model? No, probably not maybe when he was younger. Great player? Yes, although as he has gotten older he has lost a bit, but everyone does.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Fri May 13, 2011 6:21 pm

gobison#6 wrote:
winner-within wrote:You could add up every swear word on the court made by both teams minus KG and then throw in KG's swear words and he would have more than everybody put together. He playes with way to much aggression from the beginning of his career, even Rose is way to serious to make a longevity career, but at least he hasnt made the four letter word his god like KG.

KG hater? Yeah he is intense and probably swears too much on the floor. But he is a grown man and can do what he wants. I highly doubt 4 letter words are his god. I know you are just saying that to make a point, but I think its a dumb argument. Great role model? No, probably not maybe when he was younger. Great player? Yes, although as he has gotten older he has lost a bit, but everyone does.

I actually have always had respect for KG, I fault the system for letting these young ball players go directly from High School to the pros, alot has changed since KG did it and became the highest paid NBA'er at the time...i think it set the tone for personal destruction even though he is a very good Ball player...I've always said when it comes to athletes and Music people and actors, "I may be a fan of there performances but I'm not sure I would like them in person".
Lebron has the best Professionalism on the court when it comes to starting at a very very young age...way better than Tiger, who is actually involved in a sport based on etiquette......KG would have been in the top 5 of all time in the NBA if he would have spent 2 years under lets say Dean Smith...John Wooden....and then moved on to a Jackson or a popivich and played under a Jordan or Magic.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Sat May 14, 2011 9:40 am

winner-within wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

I actually have always had respect for KG, I fault the system for letting these young ball players go directly from High School to the pros, alot has changed since KG did it and became the highest paid NBA'er at the time...i think it set the tone for personal destruction even though he is a very good Ball player...I've always said when it comes to athletes and Music people and actors, "I may be a fan of there performances but I'm not sure I would like them in person".
Lebron has the best Professionalism on the court when it comes to starting at a very very young age...way better than Tiger, who is actually involved in a sport based on etiquette......KG would have been in the top 5 of all time in the NBA if he would have spent 2 years under lets say Dean Smith...John Wooden....and then moved on to a Jackson or a popivich and played under a Jordan or Magic.

Surpisingly I agree with your reasoning. haha
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Sat May 14, 2011 4:38 pm

winner-within wrote:KG would have been in the top 5 of all time in the NBA if he would have spent 2 years under lets say Dean Smith.

Two words: Rasheed Wallace.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sat May 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:KG would have been in the top 5 of all time in the NBA if he would have spent 2 years under lets say Dean Smith.

Two words: Rasheed Wallace.

2 words, one person....not even close to KG, he's a total basket case with huge talent....he's a Dirk type player who had no control over his mind and actions...I'd put Vince Carter ahead of Rasheed.....possible down the road hall of Famers...but it will take a few years....KG is already in.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby duke_boy90 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:32 pm

If I were a betting man..I'd say that Winner Within's favorite player is Kobe Bryant..but that's just me.
duke_boy90
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri May 27, 2011 4:24 pm

Alright Winner, where does or where could LBJ belong in (or near) this list....

1. Wilt Chaimberland (2x Champion, 7x scoring champion, 11x rebounding champion, 2x DPOY, Finals MVP, Averaged 30pts and 22rbs for his CAREER. Holds record for averaging 50pts and 25rbs for a SEASON.)

2. Kareem Abdul Jabbar (6x Champion, 19x All-Star, 6x MVP, 2x Finals MVP, #1 points leader all-time)

3. Bill Russell (11x Champion (8 consecutive), 5x MVP, would've been all-time block leader, but they weren't recorded.)

4. Michael Jordan (6x Champion, 6x Finals MVP, 5x MVP and DPOY, Avg. 30 pts for his career.)

5. Magic Johnson (5x Champion, 3x MVP (Consecutively), 3x Finals MVP, all-time leader in assists per game.)

6. Julius Erving (4x Champion, 4x MVP, 2x Finals MVP)

7. Kobe Bryant (5x Champion, 2x Finals MVP, 1x MVP, 2x Scoring Champion)

8. Shaquille O'Neal (4x Champion, 3x Finals MVP, 1x MVP, 2x Scoring Champion)

9. Tim Duncan (4x Champion, 3x Finals MVP, 2x MVP)

10. Larry Bird (3x Champion, 3x MVP (Consecutive), 2x Finals MVP)

In my humble opinion, THOSE are the top ten greatest players of all time. (Shout out to "Big O" and "The Dream", too.)
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri May 27, 2011 5:14 pm

Lebron probably isn't on this list yet, IMO.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri May 27, 2011 5:53 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Alright Winner, where does or where could LBJ belong in (or near) this list....

1. Wilt Chaimberland (2x Champion, 7x scoring champion, 11x rebounding champion, 2x DPOY, Finals MVP, Averaged 30pts and 22rbs for his CAREER. Holds record for averaging 50pts and 25rbs for a SEASON.)

2. Kareem Abdul Jabbar (6x Champion, 19x All-Star, 6x MVP, 2x Finals MVP, #1 points leader all-time)

3. Bill Russell (11x Champion (8 consecutive), 5x MVP, would've been all-time block leader, but they weren't recorded.)

4. Michael Jordan (6x Champion, 6x Finals MVP, 5x MVP and DPOY, Avg. 30 pts for his career.)

5. Magic Johnson (5x Champion, 3x MVP (Consecutively), 3x Finals MVP, all-time leader in assists per game.)

6. Julius Erving (4x Champion, 4x MVP, 2x Finals MVP)

7. Kobe Bryant (5x Champion, 2x Finals MVP, 1x MVP, 2x Scoring Champion)

8. Shaquille O'Neal (4x Champion, 3x Finals MVP, 1x MVP, 2x Scoring Champion)

9. Tim Duncan (4x Champion, 3x Finals MVP, 2x MVP)

10. Larry Bird (3x Champion, 3x MVP (Consecutive), 2x Finals MVP)

In my humble opinion, THOSE are the top ten greatest players of all time. (Shout out to "Big O" and "The Dream", too.)

Each one of these Players teammates have the same amount of Rings along with their Coaches, put each one on a Cleveland Caliber team starting at 18 years old till they are 25 with the same caliber teammates as Lebron had and not one of them sports a ring.
Gilbert did not one thing to get Lebron a Ring, he thought he had him locked because it was his home State...Wrong.
He Flipped when he left for fear of his 2 boys (who worshiped Lebron) would never forgive dear old Dad for losing him.
Career Acomplishments is not the only way to measure greatness in a Team sport.
Now Could Lebron handle or compete at the level these players you list competed at??? Yep! 6'8" 260, 7% body fat with the keenness of a Cat in the Jungle.....I'll take Lebron on My team over anyone of them.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Fri May 27, 2011 6:29 pm

I have a hard time saying Duncan is a better player than Hakeem Olajuwan.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Fri May 27, 2011 6:38 pm

winner-within wrote:.....I'll take Lebron on My team over anyone of them.

Tell me you aren't saying LeBron is better than all of those players. If so, then wow you are seriously out of your mind.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri May 27, 2011 8:15 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:.....I'll take Lebron on My team over anyone of them.

Tell me you aren't saying LeBron is better than all of those players. If so, then wow you are seriously out of your mind.

Hes more qualified when it comes to Stamina, Endurance and being able to play 5 spots...mind check.
He also has a longevity streak going on playing 40 plus minutes a game for his Career, virtually unheard of.
I really dont care if he is Better...but he is the best player to come out of the Draft at 18 and then live up to it since Basketball was invented....hands down!..... and Yes I pick him on My team before anyone on any list.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri May 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Scottie Pippen suggested in a radio interview that LeBron James was better than Michael Jordan.

CHICAGO (AP) -- As if the Bulls losing to Miami in the Eastern Conference finals wasn't enough, Hall-of-Famer Scottie Pippen has added to Chicago's pain by suggesting that LeBron James could be better than Michael Jordan.

Pippen stirred the pot in an interview with ESPN radio on Friday morning, saying Jordan "is probably the greatest scorer to play the game" but James "may be the greatest player to ever play the game."

Now Pippen is involved in the Rigged Consperacy and he played with Michael!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sat May 28, 2011 11:50 pm

Pippen has also been kind of bitter about always having to be in Jordan's shadow. There is no way that statement is true.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things