Region Records

Region Records

Postby lovwatchingsports » Tue May 10, 2011 10:02 am

How are the regions playing out? Not a lot of time before regioals. Are there a lot of make up games to play yet?
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Re: Region Records

Postby InTheKnow » Wed May 11, 2011 9:26 am

Midway-Minto clinched Region 2 yesterday going 8-0 so far with 2 region games to play.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby jtdc492 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:23 am

I was wondering about rescheduling also. WWCS has played 4 region games and only have 2 left on the schedule before regional tourney time. If all the games are not played do you just seed the tourney on the existing records?
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu May 12, 2011 12:46 pm

Found some answers, sorta, to my own question.

region 5 - toss up, looks like botno and ryan are on top for now. lots of games to play yet.
region 6 - velva on top with no losses and will play hazen and beulah once more. hazen and beulah have two losses with splitting with eachother.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu May 12, 2011 12:48 pm

jtdc492 wrote:I was wondering about rescheduling also. WWCS has played 4 region games and only have 2 left on the schedule before regional tourney time. If all the games are not played do you just seed the tourney on the existing records?

i would guess that they would use head to head, then common opponet-who they beat and lost to in the region.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:54 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:Found some answers, sorta, to my own question.

region 5 - toss up, looks like botno and ryan are on top for now. lots of games to play yet.
region 6 - velva on top with no losses and will play hazen and beulah once more. hazen and beulah have two losses with splitting with eachother.

beulah beat velva tonight so beulah is on top now with velva second and hazen third. hazen and velva will play each other monday in velva. the first time they met it was a great game should be the same the second time
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby winners&losers » Thu May 12, 2011 9:38 pm

bison football73 wrote:

beulah beat velva tonight so beulah is on top now with velva second and hazen third. hazen and velva will play each other monday in velva. the first time they met it was a great game should be the same the second time

if beulah and hazen split, and beulah beat velva tonight, velva should still be in first because it is their only loss in the region thus far. isn't that correct?
winners&losers

Postby bison football73 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:58 pm

not sure i could be wrong though
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Fri May 13, 2011 10:44 am

winners&losers wrote:
bison football73 wrote:

if beulah and hazen split, and beulah beat velva tonight, velva should still be in first because it is their only loss in the region thus far. isn't that correct?

1 loss vs two, velva in first. This does make it interesting though, if Velva losses to Hazen it would be a three way tie. I wonder how that region breaks ties, point diff ???
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Fri May 13, 2011 11:00 am

Looked up the scores

Velva over Hazen 1-0 V +1 H -1
Velva over Beulah 11-4 V +7 B -7
Beulah over Velva 3-1 B =2 V -2
Hazen over Beulah 11-6 H +5 B -5
Beulah over Hazen 12-1 B +11 H -11
Velva +4
Beulah -1
Hazen -7
Hazen needs to beat Velva by 7 to take first if they use point diff, Velva can loss by 4 and still take first. If the scores are right.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Tue May 17, 2011 11:38 am

lovwatchingsports wrote:Looked up the scores

Velva over Hazen 1-0 V +1 H -1
Velva over Beulah 11-4 V +7 B -7
Beulah over Velva 3-1 B =2 V -2
Hazen over Beulah 11-6 H +5 B -5
Beulah over Hazen 12-1 B +11 H -11
Velva +4
Beulah -1
Hazen -7
Hazen needs to beat Velva by 7 to take first if they use point diff, Velva can loss by 4 and still take first. If the scores are right.

Velva beats Hazen 4 - 1 Velva 1 Beulah 2 Hazen 3 Garrison 4
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Return to Class B