Kevin Love

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Kevin Love

Postby gobison#6 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:13 pm

Ok so I know the Timberwolves are probably the worst team in the NBA, but Kevin Love is a pretty darn good player. Last night against the Lakers he had 23 pts and 24 boards. 24 BOARDS!!!! Finally Rambis is giving him the playing time he deserves. Definitely the best player on the Wolves in terms of ability and consistency.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Re: Kevin Love

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:24 pm

How about Milsap (Jazz) going for 44 in the OT win over Heat...Whoa!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:53 pm

winner-within wrote:How about Milsap (Jazz) going for 44 in the OT win over Heat...Whoa!

It was impressive but what does that have to do with Kevin Love? Kevin Love is by far the best player on the T-wolves IMO and i was wondering why he wasnt getting much playing time earlier on in the season.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:16 pm

bballfan7 wrote:
winner-within wrote:How about Milsap (Jazz) going for 44 in the OT win over Heat...Whoa!

It was impressive but what does that have to do with Kevin Love? Kevin Love is by far the best player on the T-wolves IMO and i was wondering why he wasnt getting much playing time earlier on in the season.

Just small talk....

Kevin Love....needs some love, Baby....Is that what your sprayin????
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:19 pm

K Love really needs more playing time. I think Rambis is finally starting to realize that.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:37 pm

Love is struggling tonight against Sacramento...but Michael Beasley has stepped up (27 points in the first half). Just think if these two could go off on the same night!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:35 am

Love is headed down the road
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:53 pm

gobison#6 wrote:Ok so I know the Timberwolves are probably the worst team in the NBA, but Kevin Love is a pretty darn good player. Last night against the Lakers he had 23 pts and 24 boards. 24 BOARDS!!!! Finally Rambis is giving him the playing time he deserves. Definitely the best player on the Wolves in terms of ability and consistency.

31 points, 31 rebounds tonight
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:20 pm

baseball wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:Ok so I know the Timberwolves are probably the worst team in the NBA, but Kevin Love is a pretty darn good player. Last night against the Lakers he had 23 pts and 24 boards. 24 BOARDS!!!! Finally Rambis is giving him the playing time he deserves. Definitely the best player on the Wolves in terms of ability and consistency.

I was just going to post this.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:12 am

Flip wrote:
baseball wrote:

Wait until someone teaches him how to box out...haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:06 am

Maybe he could go down and Coach the Heat
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:25 am

Flip wrote:
baseball wrote:

Same here, but I figured someone would already post it haha. Wow I mean how do you even get that many rebounds!!! Crazy.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby gobison#6 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:27 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Love is struggling tonight against Sacramento...but Michael Beasley has stepped up (27 points in the first half). Just think if these two could go off on the same night!

Happened last night. Beasley had 35 and Love went 31 and 31. They won too! Too bad they didn't have much other scoring help. 66 of the 112 points came from Love and Beasley.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby craftyveteran » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:58 pm

I feel like the Timberwolves are very close to being competitive. They've played very good basketball the last five games, last night's loss to Charlotte was tough though.
craftyveteran
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gobison#6 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:59 am

Love is averaging a little over 20 ppg and a little over 15 rpg. Also one of the better shooters in the NBA from 3 pt and the free throw line. Stud.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby meatball77 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:36 pm

best rebounder in the nba by far and he gets all of his boards because he fights 5x harder than anyone else
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison#6 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:26 pm

52 double doubles in a row. Studly. Modern era record, modern era is since the ABA/NBA merger. Not sure if I should say modern era or day. haha. Anyway the all time record is Wilt Chamberlain and I don't think that will ever be touched. 200 some double doubles in a row. Anyway Kevin Love is the man.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:31 am

gobison#6 wrote:52 double doubles in a row. Studly. Modern era record, modern era is since the ABA/NBA merger. Not sure if I should say modern era or day. haha. Anyway the all time record is Wilt Chamberlain and I don't think that will ever be touched. 200 some double doubles in a row. Anyway Kevin Love is the man.

I read 247 on a different board.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:42 pm

Flip wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:52 double doubles in a row. Studly. Modern era record, modern era is since the ABA/NBA merger. Not sure if I should say modern era or day. haha. Anyway the all time record is Wilt Chamberlain and I don't think that will ever be touched. 200 some double doubles in a row. Anyway Kevin Love is the man.

I read 247 on a different board.

Thats what I read too. Wasn't sure of the exact number when I posted. Wilt also had 2 other streaks of over 100 straight. Crazy.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:32 pm

His streak is STOPPED at 53 straight games tonight...Stopped by the Golden State Warriors?? :cry:
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby gobison#6 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:12 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:His streak is STOPPED at 53 straight games tonight...Stopped by the Golden State Warriors?? :cry:

Didn't have a great offensive night. Although I think you could also credit Rambis in stopping the streak. Pulling Love with 4 minutes left and 4 points short of the double double. I understand they were losing bad and he wasn't playing well, but still its the only thing the Wolves really have going for them this season.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Sun May 08, 2011 5:08 am

Was reading his evaluation on ESPN when he was coming out of HS. Does this not sound exactly like the player he is in the NBA?

He is a throw back player and his style reminds many people of Wes Unseld one of the NBAs best post players of all time. Kevin plays with an intensity not seen in a long time, and is a tremendously focused young man who loves to play the game. He is a physical inside player who thrives on contact in the paint. He is a high volume rebounder, who although is not a big time jumper, works for position and has great hands. Kevin is an excellent passer for a big man. In fact he may be the best passing big man we have ever seen. His speciality is his full court outlet passes which remind everyone of Unseld. Kevin is very advanced in his low post repertoire for such a young player. He understands how to post and seal inside, and coupled with his great hands and love of contact he knows how to finish around the hoop. He is the best skilled post player to come along since Danny Ferry came out of high school. For all of Kevins strengths he needs to continue to improve and monitor several aspects of his game. Although he can step out and stick an open jumper he needs to become a more consistent outside shooter. In addition Kevin must continue to work on his total body conditioning to take the pressure off his knees and develop his stamina. Not athletic, quick how to handle defending 4s on the perimeter. Love is one of the more well-rounded basketball players that youll ever see on any level. His skill level and savvy are a sight to see. His post game is practically flawless, due to his soft hands and impeccable footwork. He has a nifty jump hook, nasty drop-step (uses his body extremely well), and can venture out beyond the arc for the three. He passes out of double teams very well and his outlet passes are the most proficientyet spectacular at the same timesince Wes Unseld and Bill Walton took their games to the hardwood. The only drawback concerning his upside is his lack of elite athleticismdoesnt have a lot of bounce to himwhich will probably come into play when he enters the NBA draft. Overall though, he will make an immediate impact at UCLA and give them a low post presence that they currently dont possessat least not on this kind of level.

Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Mon May 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Flip wrote:Was reading his evaluation on ESPN when he was coming out of HS. Does this not sound exactly like the player he is in the NBA?

He is a throw back player and his style reminds many people of Wes Unseld one of the NBAs best post players of all time. Kevin plays with an intensity not seen in a long time, and is a tremendously focused young man who loves to play the game. He is a physical inside player who thrives on contact in the paint. He is a high volume rebounder, who although is not a big time jumper, works for position and has great hands. Kevin is an excellent passer for a big man. In fact he may be the best passing big man we have ever seen. His speciality is his full court outlet passes which remind everyone of Unseld. Kevin is very advanced in his low post repertoire for such a young player. He understands how to post and seal inside, and coupled with his great hands and love of contact he knows how to finish around the hoop. He is the best skilled post player to come along since Danny Ferry came out of high school. For all of Kevins strengths he needs to continue to improve and monitor several aspects of his game. Although he can step out and stick an open jumper he needs to become a more consistent outside shooter. In addition Kevin must continue to work on his total body conditioning to take the pressure off his knees and develop his stamina. Not athletic, quick how to handle defending 4s on the perimeter. Love is one of the more well-rounded basketball players that youll ever see on any level. His skill level and savvy are a sight to see. His post game is practically flawless, due to his soft hands and impeccable footwork. He has a nifty jump hook, nasty drop-step (uses his body extremely well), and can venture out beyond the arc for the three. He passes out of double teams very well and his outlet passes are the most proficientyet spectacular at the same timesince Wes Unseld and Bill Walton took their games to the hardwood. The only drawback concerning his upside is his lack of elite athleticismdoesnt have a lot of bounce to himwhich will probably come into play when he enters the NBA draft. Overall though, he will make an immediate impact at UCLA and give them a low post presence that they currently dont possessat least not on this kind of level.

That is like exactly what he is. They had that right on the nose. Kudos to you for finding that. Its very interesting.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby gobison#6 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:55 pm

PAY HIM NOW! He needs to stay in Minnesota. Especially after this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoLS0t6wzcs
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:31 pm

I agree they need to pay him now and keep him from leaving like every other superstar they have had recently. He is not replaceable so if they lose him everything they have been building will be gone. PAY THE MAN! He has earned it.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things