Barnes County North

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Barnes County North

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:10 pm

The article stated they were proposing to tear down to existing wings of the school and rebuild on the same footprint. That's the plan they were bringing up for a vote. With your push on consolidation of everything, I figured I'd see your name in the paper as a big opponent of this plan and pushing the country school concept. Figured to at least see your name in the letters to the editor or something stating your opinion. Kind of a "put your money where your mouth is" type of thing.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:13 pm

winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Winner, what do you think of the Cavalier school issue? Read it in the Herald today. Interested in your opinion because it said they approached the NB school district to possibly build one school for all 4 communities out in the county.

I have heard of a couple different scenarios, like the one You bring up, another one being The new school gets built right in Cavalier, keeping the Gym part of the old School, I would really like to see NB come together with Cavalier as a One School district...with the country School.. but I am sure there are big hurdles to get over for that one to happen....I do know that we are on the brink of alot of change when it comes to Education and Schools in ND....With the possibility of Higher Ed getting tied into Public School system and having one elected head...I'm not sure I like that one but I do think things need a boost.

While building one school in the country is a nice idea for equal travel, I'm not too big of a fan of that. It would have a weird feel to it to just have a school out in the middle of a random field.

Believe me nothings random when its all said and done right down to the location.....I agree in some scenarios...Like Northern Pembina County, its (in the long run) probably better in town.....One thing I like about out of town is the School Lunch Program is much more successful....It also equals the playing field for the towns involved with travel and such...as passionate of a situation this all is for many people in our wonderful State, it really does happen, there are choices that will have to be made...and there not easy ones....It needs to be layed out and talked about with everyone, not just big wigs and officials....these are our schools and our pride....that's why it takes 60% majority to get it done.

Another thing you got to look at when building a school in the country is the road situation. Schools got to be along a good county or state road. You cant just take a school and put it on a township road. So you either have to find a place to put in centrally located on a good road or if its on a county road, the county has to pay up and build the road up so the kids and teachers can get to school safely in the winter time, and for some of the poorer counties that are having enough problems with money for roads its just another hurdle to jump. I dont know how much these counties have that were talking about but just something to think about.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:17 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:The article stated they were proposing to tear down to existing wings of the school and rebuild on the same footprint. That's the plan they were bringing up for a vote. With your push on consolidation of everything, I figured I'd see your name in the paper as a big opponent of this plan and pushing the country school concept. Figured to at least see your name in the letters to the editor or something stating your opinion. Kind of a "put your money where your mouth is" type of thing.

I haven't done the walk thru or voted yet. .....a new School in rural ND does not mean in the Country....and in time everything will be Consolidated....there are other Districts in way more dire need of Consolidating than Northern Pembina County.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:02 pm

bballfan7 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Winner, what do you think of the Cavalier school issue? Read it in the Herald today. Interested in your opinion because it said they approached the NB school district to possibly build one school for all 4 communities out in the county.

I have heard of a couple different scenarios, like the one You bring up, another one being The new school gets built right in Cavalier, keeping the Gym part of the old School, I would really like to see NB come together with Cavalier as a One School district...with the country School.. but I am sure there are big hurdles to get over for that one to happen....I do know that we are on the brink of alot of change when it comes to Education and Schools in ND....With the possibility of Higher Ed getting tied into Public School system and having one elected head...I'm not sure I like that one but I do think things need a boost.

While building one school in the country is a nice idea for equal travel, I'm not too big of a fan of that. It would have a weird feel to it to just have a school out in the middle of a random field.

Believe me nothings random when its all said and done right down to the location.....I agree in some scenarios...Like Northern Pembina County, its (in the long run) probably better in town.....One thing I like about out of town is the School Lunch Program is much more successful....It also equals the playing field for the towns involved with travel and such...as passionate of a situation this all is for many people in our wonderful State, it really does happen, there are choices that will have to be made...and there not easy ones....It needs to be layed out and talked about with everyone, not just big wigs and officials....these are our schools and our pride....that's why it takes 60% majority to get it done.

Another thing you got to look at when building a school in the country is the road situation. Schools got to be along a good county or state road. You cant just take a school and put it on a township road. So you either have to find a place to put in centrally located on a good road or if its on a county road, the county has to pay up and build the road up so the kids and teachers can get to school safely in the winter time, and for some of the poorer counties that are having enough problems with money for roads its just another hurdle to jump. I dont know how much these counties have that were talking about but just something to think about.

Hense, "right down to the Location"
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:21 am

winner-within wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:The article stated they were proposing to tear down to existing wings of the school and rebuild on the same footprint. That's the plan they were bringing up for a vote. With your push on consolidation of everything, I figured I'd see your name in the paper as a big opponent of this plan and pushing the country school concept. Figured to at least see your name in the letters to the editor or something stating your opinion. Kind of a "put your money where your mouth is" type of thing.

I haven't done the walk thru or voted yet. .....a new School in rural ND does not mean in the Country....and in time everything will be Consolidated....there are other Districts in way more dire need of Consolidating than Northern Pembina County.

Where its located is beside the point. With your big push on consolidation why aren't you trying to push this up in your neck of the woods??
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:50 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Where its located is beside the point. With your big push on consolidation why aren't you trying to push this up in your neck of the woods??

In reference to the Topic, I hope the Barns County School situation works out best for the Students, I hope the Teachers in ND get pay raises, so we are not the Lowest in the Nation, This will be easier with less Schools operating and the whole School situation becoming More efficient and Value Streamed.

With the Cavalier School situation I am excited to see the New Sports Complex (down at the Football field and Track) that they are building starting in June become a reality...and if in fact the current school is dubbed unsafe for the Students and Staff then I would really push for a new Facility to be built...you also know that I have always stated that the basketball programs that are really successful have Gyms and Facility's to choose from so Practices can take place at the same time...this would also become a reality with the New School..

As far as Pembina, Neche, Walhalla...My push would be they all end up under one roof, the main travel road is County 55 and is Currently under Water like every spring and turns a 35 mile trip into 60....this School District has made it clear that they don't want to unite with Cavalier at this current time and actually don't need to because of their enrollment numbers....but one new School for NB would be what I would advocate for.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:05 am

I hope Cavalier does get a new school, the one they have now was a piece of crap ten years ago I can only imagine what its like now.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:35 pm

ndfan wrote:I hope Cavalier does get a new school, the one they have now was a piece of crap ten years ago I can only imagine what its like now.

Thats why its on the agenda....
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:53 pm

winner-within wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
winner-within wrote:

In reference to the Topic, I hope the Barns County School situation works out best for the Students, I hope the Teachers in ND get pay raises, so we are not the Lowest in the Nation, This will be easier with less Schools operating and the whole School situation becoming More efficient and Value Streamed.

With the Cavalier School situation I am excited to see the New Sports Complex (down at the Football field and Track) that they are building starting in June become a reality...and if in fact the current school is dubbed unsafe for the Students and Staff then I would really push for a new Facility to be built...you also know that I have always stated that the basketball programs that are really successful have Gyms and Facility's to choose from so Practices can take place at the same time...this would also become a reality with the New School..

As far as Pembina, Neche, Walhalla...My push would be they all end up under one roof, the main travel road is County 55 and is Currently under Water like every spring and turns a 35 mile trip into 60....this School District has made it clear that they don't want to unite with Cavalier at this current time and actually don't need to because of their enrollment numbers....but one new School for NB would be what I would advocate for.

What will be new at the sports complex? new concession stand and bathrooms?? or new stands?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:07 pm

From what I have heard, it will be new Bleachers with nice seats, like individualized....new Media and Stat look out room on top, new Concessions and bathrooms under the Bleachers (this will be sweet)...Track surface and add a couple lanes ....as far as football field and long jump run etc etc I don't know.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby heimer » Tue May 03, 2011 9:28 am

So, while everyone questions my "journalistic high road", I can report that another person had their employment severely compromised because of a no vote on the school issue at BCN. In the end, it can pass or fail, but I think it's worth noting the tactics being used to force a yes vote. Vote yes and be supportive, or lose your job or most of it. That is how the new school will be built at BCN.

Not rumor, fact.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue May 03, 2011 9:39 am

heimer wrote:So, while everyone questions my "journalistic high road", I can report that another person had their employment severely compromised because of a no vote on the school issue at BCN. In the end, it can pass or fail, but I think it's worth noting the tactics being used to force a yes vote. Vote yes and be supportive, or lose your job or most of it. That is how the new school will be built at BCN.

Not rumor, fact.

Sad scenario, So how many threats were involved to get it to 57% and how many more Yes votes would have tipped it, seems suspicious one vote would have made the difference.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby heimer » Tue May 03, 2011 12:16 pm

One example. And again, didn't say one vote made a difference. But if this can happen to one person, quite a few more will know about it. Who wants to be next?
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue May 03, 2011 12:51 pm

heimer wrote:One example. And again, didn't say one vote made a difference. But if this can happen to one person, quite a few more will know about it. Who wants to be next?

Sounds to me Like, "Vote against it, Your talents won't be needed here any longer" or "vote it in and your talents may not be needed here any longer"......am I understanding this right?? because if thats the case and I would say from your truth telling it is, sounds like a horse a piece.
Last edited by winner-within on Tue May 03, 2011 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby SUFan » Tue May 03, 2011 1:12 pm

winner-within wrote:
heimer wrote:One example. And again, didn't say one vote made a difference. But if this can happen to one person, quite a few more will know about it. Who wants to be next?

Sounds to me Like, "Vote against it, Your talents won't be needed here any longer" or "vote it in and your talents may not be needed here any longer"......am I understanding this right??

What exactly happened here? very sad if it's true
SUFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Tue May 03, 2011 2:47 pm

Sounds to me Like, "Vote against it, Your talents won't be needed here any longer" or "vote it in and your talents may not be needed here any longer"......am I understanding this right?? because if thats the case and I would say from your truth telling it is, sounds like a horse a piece.....I dont see where a new Building has a negative effect on education.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby benelli1 » Tue May 03, 2011 3:53 pm

heimer wrote:So, while everyone questions my "journalistic high road", I can report that another person had their employment severely compromised because of a no vote on the school issue at BCN. In the end, it can pass or fail, but I think it's worth noting the tactics being used to force a yes vote. Vote yes and be supportive, or lose your job or most of it. That is how the new school will be built at BCN.

Not rumor, fact.

Heimer, it is sad that you want to report hearsay as fact and not rumor. If the staff is 84% in favor of taking the education of BCN students to the next level with a centrally located new facility, I don't see this as someone having their employment status compromised. Every staff member is entitled to their opinion and several voice them, either in favor or against.
benelli1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Dr.Love » Tue May 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Not rumor, fact.

I find it hard to believe that BCN officials followed someone into the voting booth to make sure they voted yes.
Dr.Love
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:51 am

If your job was on the line, why would you tell anyone how you voted either way? Also, do all the teachers that are affected live in the school district? Just because you work at the school doesn't mean that you can vote.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Wed May 04, 2011 10:31 am

ND Schools are Landmarks, they represent ND, in a way no other building besides a Church, does! They are the staple of Education in progress, they are the biggest part of the environment that represents the District. they will be here long after we will be.

There are Jobs involved that have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Construction of one should take place or where it should be placed.

The reality about anybody's job in any profession is, It may not be there tomorrow because of uncontrollable circumstances, or controllable circumstances....another reality about Jobs, is if one is lost and then again gained somewhere else and you look back after a couple of years, its always a better situation...Always.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby heimer » Wed May 04, 2011 11:05 am

Um, just so we're clear, I never once said it was a school job. It wasn't. It was in the private sector. And it's not hearsay, it's fact, jack. Tell me again about the facts I have in my possession. The misinformation campaign spewing from the supporters on this issue is immense.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed May 04, 2011 11:35 am

heimer wrote:Um, just so we're clear, I never once said it was a school job. It wasn't. It was in the private sector. And it's not hearsay, it's fact, jack. Tell me again about the facts I have in my possession. The misinformation campaign spewing from the supporters on this issue is immense.

Oh! well than don't build it, I did say any job in any profession.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby benelli1 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:16 pm

heimer wrote:Um, just so we're clear, I never once said it was a school job. It wasn't. It was in the private sector. And it's not hearsay, it's fact, jack. Tell me again about the facts I have in my possession. The misinformation campaign spewing from the supporters on this issue is immense.

So, do think that there is NO misinformation coming from the non-supporters?
benelli1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed May 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Still, like someone else said before, no one is going to be following you into the polls to see exactly how you voted. If my job was on the line if I didn't vote yes, I'd still go in and vote how I wanted and just tell my employer I gave a yes vote. It could never be proven how I voted anyway.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Dr.Love » Wed May 04, 2011 7:24 pm

So now you're saying BCN controls the private employment sector also, no wonder people question your journalistic "high road".
Dr.Love
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics