2011 Predictions

2011 Predictions

Postby revitalize » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:47 pm

As track progresses, who do you look to be the favorites? Here is my own predictions (as of now):

1. Bismarck
2. West Fargo
3. Century
4. Central
5. Red River

I realize that several people will likely disagree with this. To each, their own.
revitalize
NDPreps Reserve

Re: 2011 Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:54 pm

revitalize wrote:As track progresses, who do you look to be the favorites? Here is my own predictions (as of now):

1. Bismarck
2. West Fargo
3. Century
4. Central
5. Red River

I realize that several people will likely disagree with this. To each, their own.

I agree with most of your predictions...I'd have to say:

1. Bismarck
2. Century
3. West Fargo
4. GF Central
5. Williston
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby revitalize » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:54 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
revitalize wrote:As track progresses, who do you look to be the favorites? Here is my own predictions (as of now):

1. Bismarck
2. West Fargo
3. Century
4. Central
5. Red River

I agree with most of your predictions...I'd have to say:

1. Bismarck
2. Century
3. West Fargo
4. GF Central
5. Williston

sounds pretty right to me. i put wf, central, and rr higher cause i favor the east :P
revitalize
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:10 pm

Let's start up some real talks now that the season is only a week from starting
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby theman » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:35 pm

No question Bismarck will dominate class A boys. They are number one without a doubt.

I have to put Grand Forks Central second. Sure they have inconsistency, but losing only one top runner on an already good team puts them at number two on my list since most teams lost at least 2 of their top 5.

I actually like Dickinson or Minot for number three. They were both pretty young teams with a lot of talent that could come out this year. It also helps that the East will be a lot weaker this year. The east was pretty senior-heavy, but the west was pretty young. I see west teams doing very well overall this year, and 3 and 4 is up for grabs between these two schools. If I had to pick I think I'd give Dickinson the 3 spot.

I think I might give number 5 up to Grand Forks Red River, but they are going to need a 4 and 5 spot in order to compete.

Just something to watch out for in the next few years: Fargo Davies.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby revitalize » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:29 pm

theman wrote:No question Bismarck will dominate class A boys. They are number one without a doubt.

I have to put Grand Forks Central second. Sure they have inconsistency, but losing only one top runner on an already good team puts them at number two on my list since most teams lost at least 2 of their top 5.

I actually like Dickinson or Minot for number three. They were both pretty young teams with a lot of talent that could come out this year. It also helps that the East will be a lot weaker this year. The east was pretty senior-heavy, but the west was pretty young. I see west teams doing very well overall this year, and 3 and 4 is up for grabs between these two schools. If I had to pick I think I'd give Dickinson the 3 spot.

I think I might give number 5 up to Grand Forks Red River, but they are going to need a 4 and 5 spot in order to compete.

Just something to watch out for in the next few years: Fargo Davies.

This is a really great post. Bismarck can't be beat this year yet again. Central looks to really have a great year ahead of them. Shafer will be a good leader, and Gerszewski had a good track season. It's a really great note that you pointed out about Dickinson, they look to be a very very great team. Talk about under the radar! They will return Kutka who will be a good leader and lots of depth through number 5.

I personally, however, can't see Minot being great. They always do have a tendency to come around and have a GREAT state meet though. This is where Red River faults. They choke at State. They have Leach, Piper, and Tingum who all had great track seasons, but what about number 4 and 5?

Fargo Davies is going to be a threat also with Scheel and Bitter. Dont forget about Shanley either, they have great young talent.

When it comes down to it, this year has potential to be one of the greatest in North Dakota history. In my experience, this is the deepest the state has ever been. Bismarck, Dickinson, Minot, Williston, Century, GF Central, GF Red River, Fargo North, Shanley, and West Fargo all have potential to be great. This is going to be fun!
Last edited by revitalize on Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
revitalize
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Cross Country