Top Sophmores?

Top Sophmores?

Postby thekid248 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:01 am

Who are the top Sophmores in the state??
thekid248
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Top Sophmores?

Postby gobison#6 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:13 am

Ellery Bresnahan from Central Cass is good. They have other sophomores that will get playing time, but Ellery is definitely their top one. Started last year as a freshman at catcher.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:00 pm

didnt he have shoulder surgery?
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby gobison#6 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:38 am

bison football73 wrote:didnt he have shoulder surgery?

Yeah, but I believe he got it before football season and sat out football because of it. He played basketball and had a good year. I don't think he will pitch much for CC and its possible he won't even play catcher, but he is still a very good player.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:03 pm

saw him play at last years babe ruth state tournament and he is a very good player good catcher with a strong arm and throws at least mid 70's with a good looking curve
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:46 pm

bison football73 wrote:saw him play at last years babe ruth state tournament and he is a very good player good catcher with a strong arm and throws at least mid 70's with a good looking curve

Mid 70's with a bad shoulder. When healthy he was 80-81. Was upper 70's as an 8th grader. Hardest throwing pitcher at the BR state tournament that year in Mayville.

I see him transitioning to the outfield as he wont be a catcher in college being left handed. I could see him closing games when he is healthy enough to return to the mound.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:06 pm

i dont remember him in mayville but in wishek he was easily the hardest throwing pitcher there too with the bad shoulder. the first time i saw him pitch in wishek last year first pitch he threw my teammates and i looked at each other and all just said wow! that was fast
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby meatball77 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:19 am

He was probably the 3rd fastest pitcher in the state tournament in mayville behind tanner mitliter and colton anderson...Bresnahan throws hard dont get me wrong but In The Know he does not throw 81mph...maybe 75-77...
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoPack#2 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:16 pm

meatball77 wrote:He was probably the 3rd fastest pitcher in the state tournament in mayville behind tanner mitliter and colton anderson...Bresnahan throws hard dont get me wrong but In The Know he does not throw 81mph...maybe 75-77...

Its Tyler Mittleider not Tanner
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby meatball77 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:25 am

Ok sorry he still throws way harder than Bresnahan and Colton Anderson throws harder than bresnahan to
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoPack#2 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:02 pm

meatball77 wrote:Ok sorry he still throws way harder than Bresnahan and Colton Anderson throws harder than bresnahan to

I dont think Anderson threw harder then Bresnahan did then, i think it would be a toss up between Bresnahan and Mittleider.
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu May 12, 2011 2:45 pm

GoPack#2 wrote:
meatball77 wrote:Ok sorry he still throws way harder than Bresnahan and Colton Anderson throws harder than bresnahan to

I dont think Anderson threw harder then Bresnahan did then, i think it would be a toss up between Bresnahan and Mittleider.

Bresnahan throws harder then both Anderson and Mittleider. But Lyons from Lisbon throws harder then all three. Last year in the state tournament, he was the most impressive pitcher there. The Jacobson kid from Wishek had really good stuff too.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:47 pm

Bresnahan, Anderson, Mittleider, and Lyons are all very good pitchers but i think bresnahan throws harder but mittleider has better stuff very nice curveball that he works well and mixes his pitches up
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoPack#2 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:32 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:

Bresnahan throws harder then both Anderson and Mittleider. But Lyons from Lisbon throws harder then all three. Last year in the state tournament, he was the most impressive pitcher there. The Jacobson kid from Wishek had really good stuff too.

oh yeah i forgot about Derek Lyons i think you could say he was Lisbons number one pitcher
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gobison#6 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:11 pm

meatball77 wrote:He was probably the 3rd fastest pitcher in the state tournament in mayville behind tanner mitliter and colton anderson...Bresnahan throws hard dont get me wrong but In The Know he does not throw 81mph...maybe 75-77...

Last year in Central Cass's second round regional loss to Lamoure I believe the Jamestown scouts were there to watch Gaige Dunn pitch. He is playing there I believe. Anyway, they clocked both Dunn and Ellery. Of course Gaige was consistently low to mid 80's. Ellery was clocked at 81 for a high and consistently around 79. Not sure how long he was at 79, but he did hit 81 a few times.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby meatball77 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:17 pm

Is there a different bresnahan i aint seeing, i played mitliter and bresnahan both and in my opinion mitliter throws harder
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoPack#2 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:24 pm

meatball77 wrote:Is there a different bresnahan i aint seeing, i played mitliter and bresnahan both and in my opinion mitliter throws harder

yes you are seeing a Bresnahan that had shoulder surgery
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gobison#6 » Sat May 14, 2011 9:30 am

GoPack#2 wrote:
meatball77 wrote:Is there a different bresnahan i aint seeing, i played mitliter and bresnahan both and in my opinion mitliter throws harder

yes you are seeing a Bresnahan that had shoulder surgery

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think he means is their another one. The only other boy in the family is 13 meatball. The Bresnahan that hits 81 with a good arm is the one you think throws slower.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby InTheKnow » Sun May 15, 2011 10:03 pm

gobison#6 wrote:

Last year in Central Cass's second round regional loss to Lamoure I believe the Jamestown scouts were there to watch Gaige Dunn pitch. He is playing there I believe. Anyway, they clocked both Dunn and Ellery. Of course Gaige was consistently low to mid 80's. Ellery was clocked at 81 for a high and consistently around 79. Not sure how long he was at 79, but he did hit 81 a few times.

Thank you for confirming what I heard from a reliable source. Also Mittliter and Anderson were not the hardest throwing guys at state in Mayville. The kid from Velva (name escapes me, Mack??) and Linstad from M-M both threw harder and also were more dominant in the tournament. If you wanted to make a comparison from Mittleiter at Wishek to Mack and Linstad in Mayville then you have an argument but not all in the same season. They werent quite to that level yet and why Lisbon went 0-2 at state in Mayville.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:48 pm

InTheKnow wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

Thank you for confirming what I heard from a reliable source. Also Mittliter and Anderson were not the hardest throwing guys at state in Mayville. The kid from Velva (name escapes me, Mack??) and Linstad from M-M both threw harder and also were more dominant in the tournament. If you wanted to make a comparison from Mittleiter at Wishek to Mack and Linstad in Mayville then you have an argument but not all in the same season. They werent quite to that level yet and why Lisbon went 0-2 at state in Mayville.

i dont think it was mack, was it Ty Bruner maybe? i no he was there.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoPack#2 » Mon May 16, 2011 12:52 pm

bison football73 wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

i dont think it was mack, was it Ty Bruner maybe? i no he was there.

I think you are thinking of Ty Bruner or Zach Podoll (sp?)
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby meatball77 » Tue May 17, 2011 8:33 am

Bresnahan doesnt throw harder than Anderson or Mitliter and if Dunn was thrwing low 80s and bresnahan hit 81..no way he is close to the speed that gage dunn threw. Because it seemed like when everyone faced gage dunn they couldnt touch him. Bresnahan out of all the guys u guys have mentioned he is maybe the 4th hardest thrower.
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoPack#2 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:58 pm

meatball77 wrote:Bresnahan doesnt throw harder than Anderson or Mitliter and if Dunn was thrwing low 80s and bresnahan hit 81..no way he is close to the speed that gage dunn threw. Because it seemed like when everyone faced gage dunn they couldnt touch him. Bresnahan out of all the guys u guys have mentioned he is maybe the 4th hardest thrower.

Bresnahan when he was healthy threw harder then these guys you say throw harder then him.
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndpreps100 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:34 pm

Bresnahan throws way harder than all three of those guys you have mentioned. Colton Anderson tops out at 76 tops. I've faced Bresnahan 5 or 6 times the kids a stud he is one of the best pitchers i have seen in a long time. He is the hardest throwing sophomore in the state. Hands down. Don't get me wrong mittleiter and anderson are both good, but bresnahan is heads and shoulders above them.
ndpreps100
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue May 17, 2011 2:11 pm

ndpreps100 wrote:Bresnahan throws way harder than all three of those guys you have mentioned. Colton Anderson tops out at 76 tops. I've faced Bresnahan 5 or 6 times the kids a stud he is one of the best pitchers i have seen in a long time. He is the hardest throwing sophomore in the state. Hands down. Don't get me wrong mittleiter and anderson are both good, but bresnahan is heads and shoulders above them.

Bruner and Linstad are Juniors. They were the top pitchers in Mayville in 2009 at state babe ruth. Bruner is a control pitcher. Arguably one of the top overall players in the state. Linstad is the ace of Minto's team who is number 1 in their region for High School.

Anderson, Bresnahan, and Mittlieder are all sophomores. I do know that Anderson was clocked at 79 at NDSU baseball camps this winter. Anderson can throw hard, but that is not his game, he is a control type pitcher. I do believe when Bresnahan is healthy, he is in the low 80's at times.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Class B