Brandon Brekke

No smack talk is allowed here.

Brandon Brekke

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:09 pm

Would have been nice to see him finish out with the Tornadoes...with that said...Congrats to Brandon and his success at UND, after a redshirt year I think he is exceeding expectations around the State, nice to see him doing good, I know his dad (Steve) could sure play ball.

Also I Haven't been able to follow the Sioux men much this year, is Allard getting any PT??
How about May from North and the rest of the locals on the roster does anybody know where they all come from...I know I could do there website but its usually better insight on here

Thanks
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Brandon Brekke

Postby digger » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:52 pm

Brekke has really come on strong for the Sioux. I saw him a handful of times at EGF and he was impressive, long, athletic. Maybe the strongest impression I got was how hard he played, his motor just never stopped. I think the Sioux have him listed at 6'7" but he plays even bigger, has a very big wingspan. I've seen him twice this year and came away impressed, he'll have a good career at UND. I forgot he was originally a Cavalier kid. Steve was a stud at UND, terrific rebounder and scorer. Transferred to UND from Lake Region right?
Allard (South) gets regular minutes, has been a good role player. Benter (Divide County) gets quite a few minutes, started a number of games. He's not much of a scorer but he's a solid inside presence for them. Brekke has gotton some of his minutes as the season has gone on. Mike Mathison (Region 2 forget the team) is on the roster, doesn't get much court time.
May isn't at UND, that just wasn't going to work out.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:54 pm

I've been to couple women's games but don't stay for men's game. But from what I've heard and read UND has 4 guys from ND on the roster. Brekke is averaging 6.1 ppg in playing around 15 minutes a game, I've heard people say he is better then his dad; but i've played some pick up basketball with his dad and steve was good even for being a old guy. Allard is playing about 14 minutes a game and averaging 2.8 points per game. Mike Mathison (North Border) it doesn't look like he plays much as a junior right now. And Mr. Benter from (Divide County) in his senior year is playing about 17 minutes a game and averaging 4.1 points a game.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:48 pm

Yea I heard (Brekke) is actually squeaking in on 6'9" rather than his listed height of 6'7" and his wing span pushes 6'11"...thats long and long works well at the D1 level. Wish him well!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:36 am

Who has signed to play with UND next season?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby UND Fan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:36 pm

by ndfan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:54 pm : "I've heard people say he is better then his dad...."

Brandon has made great progress and will continue to get better; however, it will be a while until he will be considered better than his dad!
UND Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:47 am

UND Fan wrote:by ndfan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:54 pm : "I've heard people say he is better then his dad...."

Brandon has made great progress and will continue to get better; however, it will be a while until he will be considered better than his dad!

For sure, although early in the game in comparison to when Steve had a year under his belt it could be close. talking to Steve he said the game is fiercely rough compared to when he played, they also play a little different position wise.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges