Badlands Bowl Roster

North Dakota High School Football
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Badlands Bowl Roster

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:59 pm

How is this team selected? There is some pretty good talent not on the list and only 3 players from 9 man.

Bercier Dillon Minot High 6'0 205 RB-LB
Boe Adam Fargo South 6'2 200 RB-DB
Bohn Meyer Bismarck Century 6'0
Dylan Dunn Fargo Shanley 6'3 205 WR-DL
Fontaine Tanner West Fargo 6'3 200 DE
Hellman Jace Grand Forks Red River 6'4 255 OL-DT
Jacobson Trey Watford City 5'11 175 QB-DB
Jordan Dan Fargo Shanley 6'1 185
Keck Levi Dickinson High 6'0 315 OT-DT
Kepler Brad Fargo South 6'5 240 T-DT
Kittelson Collin Velva 6'0 185 RB
Kuntz Eric Rugby 5'9 160 RB-DB
Larson Brock Fargo South 6'2 195 WR-RB
Lee Codee Velva `6'2 200 ILB
Mann Channing Bismarck High 6'0 175 TB
Martinson Ryan Milnor 6'4 210 TE-DE
McLean Alex `Hillsboro 5'10 190 RB-LB
Mittleider Jordan Carrington 6'0 180 RB-WR-LB
Moody Nate Dickinson High 6'3 190 WR-S
Neal Griffin Fargo South 6'4 195 QB
Neer Zach West Fargo 6'1 180 FS
Nelson Nick Bismarck High 6'3 275 OL-DL
Nelson Carl Rolla 6'0 240 NG-LB
Okland Andrew Fargo South 6'4 200 WR-FS
Paulson Deon Bismarck High 6'3 305 OL
Pistorius Jon West Fargo 6'2 170 WR-CB
Roemmich Levi Linton 6'3 230 OL-DL
Swegarden Joe Fargo North 6'2 205 G-TE
Talmadge Leighton Bismarck High 6'6 220 DE
Traynor John Devils Lake 6'2 265 C-DL
Webber Stefan Fargo Shanley 6'0 188 RB-LB
Wentz Carson Bismarck Century 6'5 200 QB-FS
Wieber Brock Wyndmere-Lidgerwood 6'3 205 QB-S
Woroneicki Adam Hebron 6'2 178 RB-DB
Last edited by EHS1998 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Re: Badlands Bowl Roster

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:02 pm

I see 3 or 4 players from 9-man football...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:I see 3 or 4 players from 9-man football...

I missed McClean from Hillsboro. Anyone else?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:15 pm

I guess its just McClean, Wieber and Woroneicki. I wasn't sure if Rolla was 9-man or Class A...just found it out. This must be more of a Class AAA team...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:24 pm

I think there was only one 9-man player last year.

However North Dakota has to try and match what Montana does in this game, Montana has so many athletes to choose from that North Dakota has to try and be as big and fast as we can possibly be. We can't afford to have token players named to this squad. We need to try and get the best players in the state, no matter what division the kid plays in.

Montana takes this game very serious and expect to pound us every year, we need speed and athletes on defense to compete with the D1 type of talent Montana brings to this game. We need size to control the line of scrimmage on offense.

It's front page news everywhere in Montana while there might be a blurb in the Fargo Forum about the game in the eastern part of North Dakota.

I was extreemly impressed with the job North Dakota did to get us back in the win colum last year.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:55 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:I think there was only one 9-man player last year.

However North Dakota has to try and match what Montana does in this game, Montana has so many athletes to choose from that North Dakota has to try and be as big and fast as we can possibly be. We can't afford to have token players named to this squad. We need to try and get the best players in the state, no matter what division the kid plays in.

Montana takes this game very serious and expect to pound us every year, we need speed and athletes on defense to compete with the D1 type of talent Montana brings to this game. We need size to control the line of scrimmage on offense.

It's front page news everywhere in Montana while there might be a blurb in the Fargo Forum about the game in the eastern part of North Dakota.

I was extreemly impressed with the job North Dakota did to get us back in the win colum last year.

Understood, I totally get the need to compete. I am certainly not talking about token players as there are players within 9 man who could very well have played Class AAA football. A good example would be Devin Olson from South Border. Now perhaps he was approached and couldnt make it due to another commitment. The players selected from 9 man are very good but you would get arguments that there are others who were even better. I am sure a lot of it is position need as well.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:08 pm

I am assuming McGovern must have turned this down? I can't imagine they wouldn't ask a kid that was on a back to back state championship team and is singed at Missouri.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:15 pm

A lot of Div I teams do not allow their signed kids to play in all star games.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:38 pm

"Understood, I totally get the need to compete. I am certainly not talking about token players as there are players within 9 man who could very well have played Class AAA football. A good example would be Devin Olson from South Border. Now perhaps he was approached and couldnt make it due to another commitment. The players selected from 9 man are very good but you would get arguments that there are others who were even better. I am sure a lot of it is position need as well."

I totally understand EHS, I am not dissing any 9-man player at all, it's just such a limited roster, and normally they try and get a group from the same school to get some continuity on the o-line, Montana does the same thing. Normally from a team who has the named coach for that year. Filling the roster in this way keeps some very talented kids from making the roster.

I talked with the board of directors for this game a couple years back, I was really getting sick of getting embarassed year after year by Montana, I felt we needed to do some things to try and equalize the playing field as it really is a David vs Goliath, matchup considering the number of athletes Montana has to choose from vs North Dakota.

I felt they did that last year and for whatever reason it seems to have had an effect on the number of 9-players on the roster.

9-man gets their own Shrine game so I don't feel too bad for the 9-man players as long as we stay competetive in the Mon/Dak game.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby classB4ever » Sun May 01, 2011 11:37 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:"Understood, I totally get the need to compete. I am certainly not talking about token players as there are players within 9 man who could very well have played Class AAA football. A good example would be Devin Olson from South Border. Now perhaps he was approached and couldnt make it due to another commitment. The players selected from 9 man are very good but you would get arguments that there are others who were even better. I am sure a lot of it is position need as well."

I totally understand EHS, I am not dissing any 9-man player at all, it's just such a limited roster, and normally they try and get a group from the same school to get some continuity on the o-line, Montana does the same thing. Normally from a team who has the named coach for that year. Filling the roster in this way keeps some very talented kids from making the roster.

I talked with the board of directors for this game a couple years back, I was really getting sick of getting embarassed year after year by Montana, I felt we needed to do some things to try and equalize the playing field as it really is a David vs Goliath, matchup considering the number of athletes Montana has to choose from vs North Dakota.

I felt they did that last year and for whatever reason it seems to have had an effect on the number of 9-players on the roster.

9-man gets their own Shrine game so I don't feel too bad for the 9-man players as long as we stay competetive in the Mon/Dak game.

Certainly understand your reasoning throughout your post Guru, but there are Shrine games for all the classes, so the bold statement is a bit much. Without a doubt, building continuity in the short amount of time they have to practice is huge to be competitive, so selecting multiple players from the same team certainly makes sense. Let's just leave it at that.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon May 02, 2011 11:59 am

I should add 9-man also gets the Saskota bowl, I wish that game got more press, it's a big deal, and a real honor to be chosen to play in that game.

It's an international event I know the Canadians really make it a big deal. All we ever see about it is a little blurb and a score in the Grand Forks herald I don't think the Fargo Forum even prints the score of that game. It's a real shame.

11-man kids can't play in that game but 9-man kids can play in the Mon-dak game. Also there are very few 8-man and 6-man players from Montana selected to play in the Mon-dak bowl.

Again not dissing any 9-man player, I am glad they have the opportunities to play in these all star games.

The international and intrastate bragging right games are awesome for the kids and fans, and fun to follow.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby classB4ever » Mon May 02, 2011 3:25 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:I should add 9-man also gets the Saskota bowl, I wish that game got more press, it's a big deal, and a real honor to be chosen to play in that game.

It's an international event I know the Canadians really make it a big deal. All we ever see about it is a little blurb and a score in the Grand Forks herald I don't think the Fargo Forum even prints the score of that game. It's a real shame.

11-man kids can't play in that game but 9-man kids can play in the Mon-dak game. Also there are very few 8-man and 6-man players from Montana selected to play in the Mon-dak bowl.

Again not dissing any 9-man player, I am glad they have the opportunities to play in these all star games.

The international and intrastate bragging right games are awesome for the kids and fans, and fun to follow.

100% agree. The coverage of all the All-star games (except for BEK televising the Shrine games the last couple of years) has been poor at best. You would think they could have better coverage of all the events as they are once in a lifetime opportunities for the players and may be the last time many of the players ever get to suit up.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Just saw the promo...BEK is picking up and broadcasting the game...I know that it will be on Ch. 14 (Cable One - Fargo) on June 18th
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to Football