Best Overall High School Event

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Best Overall High School Event

Postby redlabel » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:29 am

It is without a doubt the Boys B basketball.

Just ask the NDHSAA, the boy's B basically supplies them with their budget to be able to run the rest of the
events. The rest of the events includes, drama and music not just sports.

My wife's family would say the state music contest. They had three girls that toured Europe with an allstate choir.
People in a hurry, shouldn't play golf!
redlabel
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gomagi » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:17 pm

are you kidding me. State A is by far the best, It just doesn't have good teams , it has the best teams in the state. Unlike "B" where you maybe have an upset and the championship is a blowout, Class "A" championships are always competitive. Also class "B" fills half the arena, while "A" packs the house at the Civic Center.

One more thing, When State "B" is on TV, usually only the "B" towns watch, but when State "A" is on TV, the WHOLE state watches.
gomagi
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:23 pm

gomagi wrote:are you kidding me. State A is by far the best, It just doesn't have good teams , it has the best teams in the state. Unlike "B" where you maybe have an upset and the championship is a blowout, Class "A" championships are always competitive. Also class "B" fills half the arena, while "A" packs the house at the Civic Center.

One more thing, When State "B" is on TV, usually only the "B" towns watch, but when State "A" is on TV, the WHOLE state watches.

I disagree with ya there. Yeah the State B doesn't seem to fill up the arena...do you even go to the B tourney...this year, yeah attendance was down a bit...last year it was PACKED! I can guarentee that more than just the B towns watch State B...and I know of alot of people who could care less about the A tourney...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:28 am

gomagi wrote:One more thing, When State "B" is on TV, usually only the "B" towns watch, but when State "A" is on TV, the WHOLE state watches.

lol...I grew up in a Class B town and trust me no one cared about the State A tournament.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:09 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
gomagi wrote:are you kidding me. State A is by far the best, It just doesn't have good teams , it has the best teams in the state. Unlike "B" where you maybe have an upset and the championship is a blowout, Class "A" championships are always competitive. Also class "B" fills half the arena, while "A" packs the house at the Civic Center.

I disagree with ya there. Yeah the State B doesn't seem to fill up the arena...do you even go to the B tourney...this year, yeah attendance was down a bit...last year it was PACKED! I can guarentee that more than just the B towns watch State B...and I know of alot of people who could care less about the A tourney...

State A is only successful if Bismarck-Mandan teams are in it. Even when its in Fargo...Bismarck, Century, and Mandan fans outnumber everyone. I bet the attendence at the WDA tournament is close if not better than State A, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was close to the B tournaments.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby LuckyIam » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:14 pm

Flip wrote:
gomagi wrote:One more thing, When State "B" is on TV, usually only the "B" towns watch, but when State "A" is on TV, the WHOLE state watches.

lol...I grew up in a Class B town and trust me no one cared about the State A tournament.

and no one from class a cares about class b. it goes both ways.
LuckyIam
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:40 pm

LuckyIam wrote:
Flip wrote:

Misconception city
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:48 pm

winner-within wrote:
LuckyIam wrote:
Flip wrote:

Misconception city

How do you know that winner? I know a lot of class A people, and a lot don't care about class B. The general sports fans of the bunch still do care, or at least show interest, but a lot of them don't. I know a lot of B people that care about class A. There are a lot that don't as well. So yes, it does go both ways.

Personally, I think the State B is a better event. There is better atmosphere and seems to just be more general interest all around the tournament. I still very much enjoy the State A as well because it is also some very good basketball.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:41 pm

LuckyIam wrote:and no one from class a cares about class b. it goes both ways.

I never said otherwise, his statement was that Class A and B watch the the Class A, but only Class B watches Class B.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_beast » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:48 pm

Flip wrote:
LuckyIam wrote:and no one from class a cares about class b. it goes both ways.

I never said otherwise, his statement was that Class A and B watch the the Class A, but only Class B watches Class B.

i know class A people that watch the Class B state tournament. I also know that the only thing class b people really even care to watch in the Class A tournament is the state title and nothing else.
ND_beast
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:21 am

The Best Singer.....each Valedictorian at Commencements
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Hot Topics