Stephanie Goetz is no Erin Andrews!!!

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Stephanie Goetz is no Erin Andrews!!!

Postby butterbraids » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:01 pm

OH MY GOD She is killing me!!!

Why is she on TV? She even gives wrong information, besides having no interview skills. Jon Cole, got her the job just to make him look good.
butterbraids
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Stephanie Goetz is no Erin Andrews!!!

Postby vballfan06 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:11 pm

hahahahahaha.
I was wondering if she's ever been to a ballgame before. It doesn't take much to do just a tad bit of research before she comes to tournament. (should know the names of all the main players and coaches names)
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:27 pm

butterbraids wrote:OH MY GOD She is killing me!!!

Why is she on TV? She even gives wrong information, besides having no interview skills. Jon Cole, got her the job just to make him look good.

Is Jon Cole the creepy bald guy? The poor girl from Beach who got interviewed looked like she was scared to make eye contact, and he kept getting closer to her.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby butterbraids » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:35 pm

Jon Cole is the North Dakota Sports "Mean" Gene Okerlund or atleast the poor mans version.
butterbraids
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scramblinfran » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:44 pm

I sure hope he doesn't introduce a line of gas station burgers like "Mean Gene".
scramblinfran
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:55 pm

vballfan06 wrote:hahahahahaha.
I was wondering if she's ever been to a ballgame before. It doesn't take much to do just a tad bit of research before she comes to tournament. (should know the names of all the main players and coaches names)

or maybe the names of the TEAMS PLAYING!!!

After a TO she was reporting that Kenmare's coach was upset they gave the "other team" a wide open layup. Instead of saying the name of the team, Beach, she used "other team."

Anytime she or Cole start talking I put it on mute or turn the channel.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby rekcats1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:29 pm

Imagine having to listen to Jon Cole EVERY nite like some of us have to! Think it's kind of humorous that he interviews the losing team, as out here in the west he won't even cover any of the BB teams that aren't having a winning season.
rekcats1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cast3 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:42 am

Cole needs to go! Goetz needs to improve but it was her first year. If she doen't improve next year, find somebody else.
cast3
NDPreps Starter

Postby eyeinthesky » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:00 am

Here is a story in todays Fargo Forum. Ummm puke!

Morast: Goetz is Fargo-Moorhead's latest 'It Girl'
Is it just me or does it seem like Stephanie Goetz is everywhere?
By: Robert Morast, INFORUM

Stephanie Goetz
Is it just me or does it seem like Stephanie Goetz is everywhere?

For instance, turn on the local television news, and the broadcast journalist’s face is seemingly everywhere at 5 and 10 p.m. newscasts – mostly, because KVLY (NBC) and KXJB (CBS) simulcast the same news program.

Walk into area supermarkets. and her face stares from the covers of free local magazines – daring you not to gaze into her blue eyes. And just when you think you’re safe while watching a state high school basketball tournament game, she shows up as the smiley-but-smart-enough sideline reporter telling us about the people behind the people playing the games.

After anchoring the weekend reports at WDAY – the local ABC affiliate, which is owned by the company that pays me – the Red Wing, Minn., native moved to the competition, and they decided to feature her like she’s The Next Big Thing 2.0. Consequently, she’s now in a limelight few of us will ever understand.

In a town so starved for stars that high school sports athletes are sometimes considered “celebrities,” Goetz has become our latest “It Girl.” She’s not just everywhere; she’s everywhere with a loyal flock of fans watching her every move.

I don’t get it. But I don’t get a lot of things. So I’m trying to understand why this woman suddenly saw her Q rating increase at an exponential rate.

Part of this has to be that KVLY is treating her like a star, transmitting high doses of her face over the airwaves and online streams.

Part of her appeal has to be her friendly demeanor that has enough small-town folk appeal to keep the average Joes and Janes comfortable.

Part of it has to be she knows how to do her job – whether that’s scoring an “exclusive” interview with Perham’s Zach Gabbard or showing us how difficult it is to curl while wearing an outfit Nancy Grace would call “hotpants.”

And that brings us to, maybe, the most likely reason Goetz is so popular: She’s attractive enough to cause the guys I know to talk about her like she’s the Red River Valley’s Erin Andrews.

Steph – I like to call my celebrities by their first names – didn’t respond to an emailed interview request sent earlier this week. I don’t blame her. I wouldn’t talk to me either.

So I’ve studied her various online bios trying to construct an understanding of her appeal.

In them, Steph admits she’s a sports junkie and says things like she’s “not afraid to get her hands dirty” and “storytelling is in my blood.” I’ve never understood that saying. Literally, that would give you a stroke. Metaphorically, it suggests your blood values folk tales more than oxygen. I believe blood would disagree.

Regardless, charisma is probably in her blood – yeah, I went there. I actually grew up in and spent a lot of time traveling across western North Dakota with one of her cousins. He was a good-looking sports stud and the only high schooler I’ve ever known who had fan mail delivered to him in the middle of chemistry class – realize this was before email.

He also had that rare ability as a teenager to talk smack with our fellow miscreants and hold long, boring conversations about farm crops with people five decades his senior.

Ultimately, that’s Steph’s appeal; she has that mix of familiarity and exotic appeal that crosses more demographics than free cash.

That’s why she’s our It Girl of the moment. On to the next question: How long before we’re tired of her?
eyeinthesky
NDPreps Starter

Postby Chowda » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:45 pm

I hope Robin Huebner takes you and KVLY down. Your skills have not improved one bit since this thread first started. Go get them Robin!!!!
Chowda
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Girls