Parochial Powers

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Parochial Powers

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:59 am

How many years has Northstar been a school?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:30 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:How many years has Northstar been a school?

And is Wolford with them??
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:50 pm

Northstar is really just Cando. When Bisbee Egeland closed 5 years ago, they consolidated the districts and made it Northstar. Wolford is not included. It's really not a co-op like they kept saying at the state tournament. It is one school with kids from those towns.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:01 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Northstar is really just Cando. When Bisbee Egeland closed 5 years ago, they consolidated the districts and made it Northstar. Wolford is not included. It's really not a co-op like they kept saying at the state tournament. It is one school with kids from those towns.

So if you broke down Region 4 where does everybody go, and I'm asking this as a Geographical buff
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:23 pm

What do you mean? Where do the small schools go in Region 4? Wolford still has a school and coops with Rolette. Rock Lake school will close this year (they've been with Rolla for a few year and were with Bisbee/Egeland before that) assuming the kids will go to Rolla, Cando, Langdon, or Munich. Border Central (Sarles and Calvin) closed probably about 7-8 years ago now. Think kids have been going to Munich mostly. So now there will only be 1 school and team in all of Towner county next year. Maddock and Leeds make up Benson County. Mwkn goes with FW and Sheyenne closed and is with NR now. Fessendon goes with Harvey now. Adams/Edmore with Lakota now. Munich and Starkweather still together.

Don't know if all of this answers your question or not, but that's what I can think of in Region 4.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:51 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:What do you mean? Where do the small schools go in Region 4? Wolford still has a school and coops with Rolette. Rock Lake school will close this year (they've been with Rolla for a few year and were with Bisbee/Egeland before that) assuming the kids will go to Rolla, Cando, Langdon, or Munich. Border Central (Sarles and Calvin) closed probably about 7-8 years ago now. Think kids have been going to Munich mostly. So now there will only be 1 school and team in all of Towner county next year. Maddock and Leeds make up Benson County. Mwkn goes with FW and Sheyenne closed and is with NR now. Fessendon goes with Harvey now. Adams/Edmore with Lakota now. Munich and Starkweather still together.

Don't know if all of this answers your question or not, but that's what I can think of in Region 4.

Yes thats what I was wondering, I played alot out that way growing up and was wondering the break down...Thank YOU....I played against the Hochsteddlers (wolford) Morlock, (Munich, address was Egland) Rumpho , Nickerson, Short (Boarder Central) Todd Trudel (Cando) Rishavy, Melon, Peska, Viger, Fridge, Kuchar.(Edmore) I knew them guys well Because we played together on an Independent team.
Wow how the towns have dissolved. Not that it was better than, but there certainly were that many more Kids.
I love to stay positive about the Sport and Kudo's to the ones who still love to play it.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby scruffy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:52 am

What about the other powers like Linton, Watford City or Mayville a few years back. Should they go "A"?
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Hot Topics